NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
When I return from the second quest and get 600 gold (The quest with the potion ingredience for Cathrines master), Cathrine automatically goes home, goes to sleep and then I get a game over cus Im past the deadline to pay back the debt. Did I fuck up somewhere? And shouldnt I have enough gold to pay anyway since I just got 600g from the quest? Ive tried to load a save from before the quest, but in all the saves before I get a chance to do anything I just get the "knock on the door, you get enslaved" trigger.
Basically if you sleep manually a few times, don't remember the exact number, you're fucked. This whole bad end slave thing is very bare bones and we implemented it kinda lazily. We're working on a rework of this route that will be more interesting and less noob trap. If you don't have an earlier save, all you can do is restart and don't sleep manually this time. Sorry about that.

• Sad
Reactions: Squikie and sava75

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I was never going to let Elenore escape my grasp in the first run-through, but I thought I’d check because the game was still letting me do some of the early scenes at the camp. I’ve just ‘finished’ the game (such as it is), loved it, and have left my general thoughts in a review. However, simply because I won’t sleep until I get the words out, I’d also like to share my (and some of my partner’s) views on the more formal power exchange relationships in the game as they stand.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey! Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, and thank you for the in-depth review! Having too many characters is defenitly a problem, and it's mostly because I was weak and let people talk me into making routes for characters that were there purely to help drive the story forward. As for the iterative nature of the game, that really sucks. I would much rather do the game and release it when it's done than having to do it like this, alas we cannot. We are getting close to the end of the story now and I have every intention of going back and tidying up the whole story. Hopefully I can also take the time to develop the characters more and giving them a few more scenes.
And you're right in saying we had a Dom update. I never felt like Catherine was a sub, so other than a random scene with Kyo, or she being a bit of a bottom in another, there were no routes where she would go full submissive. But after people requested it, a lot, I decided to include a few routes and they came out mostly at the same time. Hopefully I can make this less jarring after, what I am calling, the Great Edit.

G00NG00N

May 13, 2024
when using cheat and selecting "unlock all outfits" it doesn't remove the locks from the outfits and hairstyles.

even though i can still use the hairstyles despite the "lock", cannot do the same with outfits. tried deleting all user files in appdata. it's the same thing

elp bls

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
when using cheat and selecting "unlock all outfits" it doesn't remove the locks from the outfits and hairstyles.

even though i can still use the hairstyles despite the "lock", cannot do the same with outfits. tried deleting all user files in appdata. it's the same thing

elp bls
Ah, that button actually doesn't work. I really need to get to adding the logic for that button.

OrangePeel

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, and thank you for the in-depth review! Having too many characters is defenitly a problem, and it's mostly because I was weak and let people talk me into making routes for characters that were there purely to help drive the story forward. As for the iterative nature of the game, that really sucks. I would much rather do the game and release it when it's done than having to do it like this, alas we cannot. We are getting close to the end of the story now and I have every intention of going back and tidying up the whole story. Hopefully I can also take the time to develop the characters more and giving them a few more scenes.
And you're right in saying we had a Dom update. I never felt like Catherine was a sub, so other than a random scene with Kyo, or she being a bit of a bottom in another, there were no routes where she would go full submissive. But after people requested it, a lot, I decided to include a few routes and they came out mostly at the same time. Hopefully I can make this less jarring after, what I am calling, the Great Edit.
Being able to choose between dom and sub options is one of the advantages of the video game medium. In some sense this is character creation in that our present choices could be interpreted as deciding what Cat's nature has been the entire time. I personally enjoy the sub routes more than the dom routes, but being able to choose between them is even better (voluntary power exchange). They haven't been jarring to me writing wise, as it makes sense that someone might present a dom public image befitting a powerful mage in control of their powers, but are actually submissive.

The appeal with Jeanne's involvement is that it's an extended roller coaster of domination loss (initially Jean was dom, then became sub after getting beat, then becomes dom). I think it would be better if this route involved more gradual subversion of Cat's control (for example starting with her telling Jeanne to stop or do something but they refuse to listen and here you have a choice of letting it go at which point escalates to future control loss).

In terms of Evelyn's push into Cat's public life, I think this is very immersive and interesting from a narrative perspective. Limiting dom/sub to just personal sexual relationships is just what is socially acceptable in the real world, but fiction can break this bound (and is often much more interesting when they do). This depends on how extreme you want to go with the sub/dom content. Restricting it to just personal relationships with no narrative consequences is "softcore". For me it's not that interesting or immersive for people with so much power, but could fit better in a light-hearted story.

Last edited:

The Uninspired

Aug 5, 2018
Kinda echoing the above but I really enjoy the submissive routes you've set up for Catherine.

For me, being dominant in games like this usually falls a little flat outside of simulation styles games in the way I prefer things to be presented and explored. That having been said, this game really does nail the submissive fantasy of the main character in some really key aspects.

Evelyn's route is super hot in the way she's seducing Catherine, the initial scene where Catherine is made to give up her slave and place herself below them was incredibly arousing to me but I'm a huge fan of domination loss / switches like that. Phenomenally well written.

There's also a few scenes sprinkled in about Catherine missing Evelyn or the guessing game that Evelyn has played with her. Hell, the Symbiote scene's where it decides that it's going to be the master or giving control of it over to Evelyn was also incredibly awesome to read.

The one thing I'd like however is if there were some more byplay between Evelyn and her 'Masters' in submissive routes. The scene with the Dwarf, the scene of the Symbiote and the small scene where Catherine mentally reviews how shes feeling with Evelyn deciding to ignore her some.

Honestly, I think something that would be super awesome is inviting other people into the room to display Catherine as a slave to. That's surprisingly erotic to me. The idea of Catherine being made to serve Jeanne as she and Evelyn are discussing something would be cool.

For all I've loved Evelyn's route however, I think it's start is incredibly abrupt in some ways.

I for one would've really thought Evelyn would've played it a bit slower given her immortal nature and seduced Catherine in a way where she never had to really 'question' her obedience. But I prefer slow corruption and given the way this game updates, I totally get that it's entirely too much work to go and backdate that kinda thing when you're still building the rest of it.

But yes, all this to say excellent game and awesome story. Can't wait for more. (y)

• Hey there
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Being able to choose between dom and sub options is one of the advantages of the video game medium. In some sense this is character creation in that our present choices could be interpreted as deciding what Cat's nature has been the entire time. I personally enjoy the sub routes more than the dom routes, but being able to choose between them is even better (voluntary power exchange). They haven't been jarring to me writing wise, as it makes sense that someone might present a dom public image befitting a powerful mage in control of their powers, but are actually submissive.

The appeal with Jeanne's involvement is that it's an extended roller coaster of domination loss (initially Jean was dom, then became sub after getting beat, then becomes dom). I think it would be better if this route involved more gradual subversion of Cat's control (for example starting with her telling Jeanne to stop or do something but they refuse to listen and here you have a choice of letting it go at which point escalates to future control loss).

In terms of Evelyn's push into Cat's public life, I think this is very immersive and interesting from a narrative perspective. Limiting dom/sub to just personal sexual relationships is just what is socially acceptable in the real world, but fiction can break this bound (and is often much more interesting when they do). This depends on how extreme you want to go with the sub/dom content. Restricting it to just personal relationships with no narrative consequences is "softcore". For me it's not that interesting or immersive for people with so much power, but could fit better in a light-hearted story.
Kinda echoing the above but I really enjoy the submissive routes you've set up for Catherine.

For me, being dominant in games like this usually falls a little flat outside of simulation styles games in the way I prefer things to be presented and explored. That having been said, this game really does nail the submissive fantasy of the main character in some really key aspects.

Evelyn's route is super hot in the way she's seducing Catherine, the initial scene where Catherine is made to give up her slave and place herself below them was incredibly arousing to me but I'm a huge fan of domination loss / switches like that. Phenomenally well written.

There's also a few scenes sprinkled in about Catherine missing Evelyn or the guessing game that Evelyn has played with her. Hell, the Symbiote scene's where it decides that it's going to be the master or giving control of it over to Evelyn was also incredibly awesome to read.

The one thing I'd like however is if there were some more byplay between Evelyn and her 'Masters' in submissive routes. The scene with the Dwarf, the scene of the Symbiote and the small scene where Catherine mentally reviews how shes feeling with Evelyn deciding to ignore her some.

Honestly, I think something that would be super awesome is inviting other people into the room to display Catherine as a slave to. That's surprisingly erotic to me. The idea of Catherine being made to serve Jeanne as she and Evelyn are discussing something would be cool.

For all I've loved Evelyn's route however, I think it's start is incredibly abrupt in some ways.

I for one would've really thought Evelyn would've played it a bit slower given her immortal nature and seduced Catherine in a way where she never had to really 'question' her obedience. But I prefer slow corruption and given the way this game updates, I totally get that it's entirely too much work to go and backdate that kinda thing when you're still building the rest of it.

But yes, all this to say excellent game and awesome story. Can't wait for more. (y)
Thank you for the indepth review of the scenes. This is my first erotic game and the first time I'm writing stuff like this. I realize that I made a lot of mistakes and a lot of things could have been done a bit better. I hope to be able to iron everything out once I got for my Great Edit of the game, so the more information I can get about what lands and what doesn't the better! Worst case scenario, I'll take this experience to make the next game much better!

I didn't really understand what you meant here though. Could you clarify?

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Guylos

Sep 3, 2021

I realise you weren’t quoting me directly, but since you’re addressing points I clearly raised in my post, please allow me to mount a tepid defence (or at least indulge my self-centeredness).
  1. I never said Cat shouldn’t be a sub; I said she didn’t read as one, which was confirmed by the author in the post you quoted. That doesn’t mean things can’t or shouldn’t change, especially if it’s a popular position—that's the nature of the Patreon beast (to a degree, obviously; we’ve all seen how wrong things can go when a developer lets Patreon just walk all over them). I also didn’t say that the old trope of ‘dominant in public but secretly a sub’ is bad; it’s a classic for a reason. I will, however, go to my grave holding the position that ‘submissive blood’ is a long bow to draw, but again, that’s the nature of the iterative game design beast.
  2. I didn’t even say I didn’t like the sub-Cat routes. I like the Yda path; I think it’s really smartly done. It has that mind flayer mind control stuff that I normally don’t enjoy, but the author managed to keep what makes it hot while excising the lazy/incel-y parts that typically come with it. I don’t even dislike Eve’s path; I’m personally more of a ‘hard’/degradation-focused dom myself, I just liked it the least.
  3. I didn’t say the stuff was poorly written or ‘objectively bad’; I said it personally gave me the ick. I even stated that this was a personal issue, and my partner didn’t care. I will say two things, though:
  4. Jean was never a dom (although that’s changing with the implementation of the slave path). He was a spoiled rich child who couldn’t handle losing, hence the stupid power play that led to his downfall. Also, Cat can choose to troll him to distraction from the start of the game.
  5. Given how stretched the developer’s focus is with LIs (again, the nature of the Patreon beast), any route time spent on characters that aren’t the LI is time not spent with the LI. I don’t personally think Jeanne’s worth the time lost with Evelyn, but that’s a YMMV call, though.
  6. In contrast to the position above, I never said I had a problem with the encroachment on Cat’s public life. That was my partner’s issue. I often ‘force’ her to do public or semi-public stuff, and I think it’s a riot—you should see her day collar.
I hope you don't read what I said too harshly, at the end of the day this is just opinion from people who aren't writing the game.

Great730

Oct 3, 2019
hi people, can anyone explain to me what's wrong with Evelyn the vampire's path, no matter what I do, I can't get scenes with her, I only see 1 scene, then a conversation in the house, a choice to obey or not, we agree, she leaves and that's it, what should I do?

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
hi people, can anyone explain to me what's wrong with Evelyn the vampire's path, no matter what I do, I can't get scenes with her, I only see 1 scene, then a conversation in the house, a choice to obey or not, we agree, she leaves and that's it, what should I do?
Her first scene is like that, it only sets up the situation. She will come back at a later point and continue the route.

Anonily987

May 23, 2021
Am i the only who uhm for some really really like Yda and Kyo? they scratch something very specific in my brain for some reason, Sigrid (i think?) is also very appealing and well the vampire, i can't quite remember her name is also pretty hot, all in all it's a very good game, would recommend, though waiting for updates is a little excruciating but understandable when you look at the quality. A lot of the characters are really hot ok...

Aliii

Dec 23, 2019
Am i the only who uhm for some really really like Yda and Kyo? they scratch something very specific in my brain for some reason, Sigrid (i think?) is also very appealing and well the vampire, i can't quite remember her name is also pretty hot, all in all it's a very good game, would recommend, though waiting for updates is a little excruciating but understandable when you look at the quality. A lot of the characters are really hot ok...
Yda not so much for much, but kyo i agree with you and in terms of update bunny update the game pretty quick you don't have to wait for 1 year or 2 maybe month

4.60 star(s) 65 Votes