Ren'Py Abandoned RiverHill [v0.1] [FunnyHeroes]

DestroyerX16

Oct 29, 2017
this game is interesting as well as feels like real life based as many people play avn and I was kinda feeling sad when I was playing about the mc and mom relationship as brought tears and good job and work on the game really appreciates it

Reactions: FunnyHeroes

FunnyHeroes

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2021
this game is interesting as well as feels like real life based as many people play avn and I was kinda feeling sad when I was playing about the mc and mom relationship as brought tears and good job and work on the game really appreciates it
Thank you for your kind words.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
The models look like they were made in HS1 with the textures of HS2, which looks pretty good.

FunnyHeroes

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2021
I don’t feel like downloading and starting new games. Because many abandon and don’t continue to work. Almost all good incest games are updated very slowly or are abandoned. This is a note to developers. :cautious: :unsure: :cry:
Sad but true. Though cant blame the developers much either. Many people want and and try to make this(creating avns) as their career. But making a successful career through this(creating avns) is highly unlikely.

Reactions: buktccbfc71

Bomba33

Sep 6, 2020
Hello FunnyHeroes, as an early stage Visual Novel I see great potentials. There are all the ingredients for a successful game. Only one thing I feel like saying from my part: Please don't fuck up!
The story, the plot, the thrill...everyting is damn amazing for now! And not last, please do not abandon this great project of yours.
You have my full (moral) support. :)

FunnyHeroes

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2021
Hello FunnyHeroes, as an early stage Visual Novel I see great potentials. There are all the ingredients for a successful game. Only one thing I feel like saying from my part: Please don't fuck up!
The story, the plot, the thrill...everyting is damn amazing for now! And not last, please do not abandon this great project of yours.
You have my full (moral) support. :)

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you liked the game. The story, the plot... which is basically the main plot is already fixed and unchangeable. I can assure you that if you liked the main plot so far(even if it's not much), you will not be disappointed. The problem I have is with the sub plots(characters interactions) and that is... I don't have enough sub plots in my mind to make the a long one or increase the content of each updates.

And as for abandoning the game... I will try my best to avoid it.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Bomba33

Sep 6, 2020
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you liked the game. The story, the plot... which is basically the main plot is already fixed and unchangeable. I can assure you that if you liked the main plot so far(even if it's not much), you will not be disappointed. The problem I have is with the sub plots(characters interactions) and that is... I don't have enough sub plots in my mind to make the a long one or increase the content of each updates.

And as for abandoning the game... I will try my best to avoid it.
Your welcome. Sadly I have seen to much many developer writing a damn good Visual Novel...then disappear into oblivion because they did not attract the desired paying subscribers (creeping greedy developer :().
As for the subs plot...let me say this: you have a particular talent, which is not very common nowadays, in writing the plot. Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to develop it easy and naturally when comes the time.
Good work and...Hope you can rock your video game! See ya!

FunnyHeroes

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2021
Your welcome. Sadly I have seen to much many developer writing a damn good Visual Novel...then disappear into oblivion because they did not attract the desired paying subscribers (creeping greedy developer :().
As for the subs plot...let me say this: you have a particular talent, which is not very common nowadays, in writing the plot. Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to develop it easy and naturally when comes the time.
Good work and...Hope you can rock your video game! See ya!
Thanks. but as a fellow developer myself, i will object with the "Creeping greedy developer" part.
as i said before, many devs come to here to make this a career for them. But making a successful career out of this is hardly unlikely. This is not just a game choice for them, its about their life. They have either 2 options left for them
1. Despite the less to no supporters, continue making the game.
Or,
2. Devoting the time to something else, instead of working on the game for months even without any sign of success.

And, lets be practical. Everybody here will most likely choose the latter one. Cause it about the "damn life".

Bomba33

Sep 6, 2020
Thanks. but as a fellow developer myself, i will object with the "Creeping greedy developer" part.
as i said before, many devs come to here to make this a career for them. But making a successful career out of this is hardly unlikely. This is not just a game choice for them, its about their life. They have either 2 options left for them
Or,
2. Devoting the time to something else, instead of working on the game for months even without any sign of success.

And, lets be practical. Everybody here will most likely choose the latter one. Cause it about the "damn life".
I don't know...but...when a good developer make a very good VN, has a large following of fans and supporters it even makes public earning per month something like 5k or 20k; or worse case asking for 200 dollars per month aaaaand...after a couple of years it disappears into the oblivion...What should one think if not the worst things in the world?

FunnyHeroes

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2021
I don't know...but...when a good developer make a very good VN, has a large following of fans and supporters it even makes public earning per month something like 5k or 20k; or worse case asking for 200 dollars per month aaaaand...after a couple of years it disappears into the oblivion...What should one think if not the worst things in the world?
In what circumstances, a developer abandon a game, only he can tell. So, I will not talk about the abandon game developers whose games were famous and was making a decent earning every month.

I will talk about newbies, just like me.

Let me put myself as an example. I have been working on the game for around 4 months. Did everything I could to make it better... to make the best first impression. If I had written the flashback scene in a few sentences, like... "I was bullied... I misbehaved with my mother... She left a diary... She was not at fault... and I feel regret now..." it would still describe the overall flashback scene in a brief description. But I can bet it wouldn't have touched your heart the way it did.

But if you go to my patreon page, u can see I don't have any supporters yet. 4 months of hard work, in return, nothing but some encouraging words. I have talked with some devs ( their games are at top of the both ratings and earnings right now) and they said, it would take multiple updates. Which means more than an year of work but still then "Might" get famous. The '"Might" will not turn into "will".

That the current situation with many new developer. So, let me ask as a developer... if the role were reversed and you were in their shoes, what would have u choosed to do?

Or,
2. Devoting the time to something else which has higher success rate, instead of working on the game for years even without any sign of success.

And give a practical answer.

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I am a harem ending fan too. But i dont think i am capable enough of thinking any ideas that will make sense of the harem ending. Comparing with the main plot story level.

But the game is just in early release. And the multiple endings with the girls are all sub plots which do not and will not affect the main plot in anyway.

So, if i can think something, that will make sense of the harem ending. I will put it(harem ending) in the game
As much as I love harems if it messes with your story too much you shouldn't force it in if you're not sure you could pull it off...That actually caused me physical pain typing that.