Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019
I have thought about it. Most possibly if I decide to get on with it, I'll make it an extension to this one.
Dear DimS40,

After this porting, do you feel more confident in developing your own game?

Do you think you need a art designer and story writer?

Do you feel you now master Renpy engine and RPGM?

Reactions: DimS40

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Dear DimS40,

After this porting, do you feel more confident in developing your own game?

Do you think you need a art designer and story writer?

Do you feel you now master Renpy engine and RPGM?
Interesting questions all of them.
I think I could manage something equally simple as Road Trip.
As a starting project I don't think I would be able to afford a separate artist or story writer though.
I do have some story ideas and DAZ is not that hard if you have the assets for it.
As for the choice between Renpy and RPGM... I could probably work in either one. It depends on how you want the flow of the game to go.

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Progress update:
The game has reached 100k words with well over 500k characters.
I took some time to decide all the events that will lead to the end of the original story.
I aim for the coming update to include almost all events, leaving only the endings and the gallery for the one next to that.

DKRaizel0716

Jun 17, 2019
Help on Android version

Once you turn off the Quick Menu, is there a way to turn it back on? I turned it off because I was stuck in the bar, the menu button is preventing me from exiting the bar because the menu and exit button is in the same place.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alea iacta est

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Help on Android version

Once you turn off the Quick Menu, is there a way to turn it back on? I turned it off because I was stuck in the bar, the menu button is preventing me from exiting the bar because the menu and exit button is in the same place.
Sorry, bur I don't know how Renpy maps the keyboard and mouse commands on Android...

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Latest status of the game....

Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266 lint report, generated at: Thu Jun 9 20:05:43 2022

Statistics:

The game contains 6,798 dialogue blocks, containing 100,966 words and 547,169
characters, for an average of 14.9 words and 80 characters per block.

The game contains 37 menus, 170 images, and 68 screens.

Lint is not a substitute for thorough testing. Remember to update Ren'Py
before releasing. New releases fix bugs and improve compatibility.

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Coding finished today, now all that remains is a bit of testing...

Final Lint report for this update:
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266 lint report, generated at: Fri Jun 17 12:01:05 2022

Statistics:

The game contains 7,489 dialogue blocks, containing 112,577 words and 611,527
characters, for an average of 15.0 words and 82 characters per block.

ScornedBeef

Formerly 'aspicycabbage'
May 30, 2022
I always wonder, what's even the point of the protagonist having a partner and cheating being a thing they think about if the boyfriend issue is just gonna be dismissed in like 2 lines and none of it matters. Like, why bother?

It happens so much lmao. I don't get it.

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I always wonder, what's even the point of the protagonist having a partner and cheating being a thing they think about if the boyfriend issue is just gonna be dismissed in like 2 lines and none of it matters. Like, why bother?

It happens so much lmao. I don't get it.
The boyfriend was something that was mentioned in the original game a couple of times, so when I started my project I wanted to keep all the main protagonists staying close to the main idea of that game. I had played this game many years ago, so my memory of the actual events was not so clear at the time. It was later that I realised that the boyfriend was somewhat irrelevant with the renders I had to work with... there were only 1 or 2 renders were we can see him partially. Also putting them at such a distance apart was not helping create any interesting situations between them or any meaningful encounters. As I didn't want to rewrite the story from the beginning I kept him 'alive' with some mentions from time to time...
On top of all that, in the sequel of the original, the boyfriend and their cheating at each other becomes more focused.
So, as I'm thinking of adding that story in my project too, the whole cheating thing will have its place in the complete story...

Reactions: Ursus4321

impresso

Nov 26, 2017
Also putting them at such a distance apart was not helping create any interesting situations between them or any meaningful encounters.
There was a moment with a phone talking during the h-scene. Apparently, it was supposed to develop similar events, but Mallek just forgot about it :)

• Haha

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
After making 2 events using the same set-up of the phonecall and 1 minor event I added in the second part I think that the whole thing became kind of repetitive. That's why the boyfriend became just a thought at the back of her mind, especially since she had other more urgent matters to take care of....

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes