VN Ren'Py Abandoned Robbin' Hoods [0.4.2] [madmate.games]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Aaarzzz

Jul 6, 2019
madmate.games please add future fetishes to know what can we expect , also what do you mean by this She is his childhood friend and roommate. We play as the male so why put her here? that is confusing (does that mean something bad will happen to his "roommate" and thats why you put it like that? maybe you mean " He is (lives) with his chilhoodfriend and roomate" ? :unsure:
That's what Patreon does to an incest game developer and his clumsy fan :LOL::ROFLMAO:

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Female Protagonist, Definitely not
Multiple Protagonists, OK
Multiple Endings, OK
BDSM, OK
Corruption, OK
Incest, OK
Lesbian, OK
RPG OK
And many more that are missing like Harem, etc,etc.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
"She is his childhood friend and roommate"

I hope thats a roundabout way to say sister :)
that would be a really hard roundabout ,LOL... i m okay for "roomate " to be one, but childhood friend in the same time... that's way too high for hidding a "sister".

just my opinion. would be nice for once to have a story with a true roommate and childhood friend.

Reactions: vgyew

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
  • I was hoping some people would be curious enough to google it. Best way to experience it is in person, second best is by watching other people react to it! But you are right, I should probably do that.
I did google it, but only to the point of learning it's a stinky fish and thought, "OK, so it's like a reference to Limburger cheese or durian fruit". I guess I've just been spoiled by how BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei does things. :unsure:

unbruitsourd

May 1, 2017
Very good start IMO. Renders looks good, your first version last more than 10 minutes and the narrative is interesting. Here are my two concerns:
  1. Minor : Shorter sentence... some of them are more than 5 lines long.
  2. Major : I'm always afraid of scripts that are too ambitious for new creators. There's always a greater chance that the project will never see the end because of that. I hope I'm wrong about you :D.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Excellent game with an interesting and well-written plot. I love it already.

The only thing that bothers me is that there only 48 save slots. I spam saves when I play, and with the choices available, I will undoubtedly need more than that, provided that the developer keeps the game going and maintains my interest in the process. It would seem to not be a difficult change, since almost every other Ren'Py game has unlimited saves.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
multiple protags...thats a no go for me..
I'm curious by nature, so please indulge me. Do you mean female protagonist? Because I understand why some people have an issue with that, and that's perfectly fine.
that's way too high for hidding a "sister".
It is. There are two versions of the game that will slightly differ (nothing extreme - a few scenes, some dialogue and of course the venerable "landlady" traditions that must be respected). Patch.rpy file contains all the lines that are changed, while images will be distributed with the regular version.
I did google it, but only to the point of learning it's a stinky fish and thought, "OK, so it's like a reference to Limburger cheese or durian fruit". I guess I've just been spoiled by how BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei does things. :unsure:
Not just stinky... borderline rotten herring, left to ferment for months. People have been fined for opening a can in an enclosed space because the reek is almost impossible to air out. You can check the videos on youtube with people chain vomiting and laughing while trying to ingest the putrid "delicacy". It's really, really nasty stuff, and really funny videos :)
Shorter sentence... some of them are more than 5 lines long.
I hope I'm wrong about you :D.
Yeap. This has been a long struggle of mine... I tend to rant allot. Sorry :/
And I hope so too ;)

48 save slots
See, this is why receiving feedback is so important. I would never have figured to check the save slots myself, and as someone who tends to "savescum" I'd also end up without new save slots pretty quick while playing my own game.
Anyway, there's actually an alternate version of the interface that is easily switched over and offers unlimited slots, which I've just done. You can expect unlimited save slots with the next version of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
just caught up..read that it'll be multiple protags..well..removing my ThunderRob approved logo..sorry..thats a no go for me..
I'm curious by nature, so please indulge me. Do you mean female protagonist? Because I understand why some people have an issue with that, and that's perfectly fine.
I can't speak for ThunderRob, but I tend to put myself in the shoes of the MC. As a result playing multiple protagonists throws me and feels uncomfortable.

Seeing the occasional fixed scene from other characters' POV is not a big deal (I don't consider that multiple protags, but I'm not sure how the tag is defined), it's mostly making choices for multiple characters that I don't like. But excessive content from other POVs is also off-putting.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018

It is. There are two versions of the game that will slightly differ (nothing extreme - a few scenes, some dialogue and of course the venerable "landlady" traditions that must be respected). Patch.rpy file contains all the lines that are changed, while images will be distributed with the regular version.

Not just stinky... borderline rotten herring, left to ferment for months. People have been fined for opening a can in an enclosed space because the reek is almost impossible to air out. You can check the videos on youtube with people chain vomiting and laughing while trying to ingest the putrid "delicacy". It's really, really nasty stuff, and really funny videos :)
Yeap. This has been a long struggle of mine... I tend to rant allot. Sorry :/
And I hope so too ;)

See, this is why receiving feedback is so important. I would never have figured to check the save slots myself, and as someone who tends to "savescum" I'd also end up without new save slots pretty quick while playing my own game.
Anyway, there's actually an alternate version of the interface that is easily switched over and offers unlimited slots, which I've just done. You can expect unlimited save slots with the next version of the game.
i've played many a female protag game..not an issue if i can go all lesbian with her..its the multiple part..one protag..male/female/futa/alien cat whazzitz...is all i'll play..multiples are just in my "naw bra" list

Reactions: qaywsx and eddie987

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I can't speak for ThunderRob, but I tend to put myself in the shoes of the MC. As a result playing multiple protagonists throws me and feels uncomfortable.

Seeing the occasional fixed scene from other characters' POV is not a big deal (I don't consider that multiple protags, but I'm not sure how the tag is defined), it's mostly making choices for multiple characters that I don't like. But excessive content from other POVs is also off-putting.
this also..cannot immerse into a game and lose myself in the fantasy if i'm suddenly thrown into another persona..i know alot of players dont care bout that..they just wanna see yumyum stuff..i'm an immerser :p

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Having your work evoke a real emotion in someone is I'm guessing the best thing that can happen to an artist (if I'm brazen enough to call myself that). So, thank you for sharing that!
Also, read on my reply to MLBnoob.
Thanks for the shoutouts as well, much appreciated. I didn't quite get the last part of your post though.
If(or I should probably just say WHEN) you put out part 2, please send me a pm here.

Reactions: madmate.games

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Acutally I was banned for fraud... A very unpleasant surprise to say the least. Probably some error since I don't even have a bank/Paypal or whichever account connected to the Patreon yet... Strangely, I've received a follower notification at the exact same time I've received notification that my account is being suspended, so that might have something to do with it.

To be honest, I'm a bit upset since from what little I've read, the Patreon is not that quick to respond to fraud requests (I didn't even receive email conformation that my inquiry is being logged), but w/e.
The work is what matters, and I still got plenty of it to do :)

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, who changed my banner?
Not that I mind or anything, the original was made in Paint (don't judge me, I have literally 0 post-production skills), so thanks I guess :D

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes