VN Ren'Py Abandoned Robbin' Hoods [0.4.2] [madmate.games]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Atixes

Donor
Apr 23, 2018
Acutally I was banned for fraud... A very unpleasant surprise to say the least. Probably some error since I don't even have a bank/Paypal or whichever account connected to the Patreon yet... Strangely, I've received a follower notification at the exact same time I've received notification that my account is being suspended, so that might have something to do with it.

To be honest, I'm a bit upset since from what little I've read, the Patreon is not that quick to respond to fraud requests (I didn't even receive email conformation that my inquiry is being logged), but w/e.
The work is what matters, and I still got plenty of it to do :)
It's a pity, that you are getting such a steep mountain to climb. Good to hear that you keep going! Your game has many qualities that sets you apart from the majority and I think once all is figured out, you will get your deverved support. I see plenty of potential based on your first chapter (y).

Reactions: vgyew and MLBnoob

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Patreon restored with all the bells and whistles. In the mean time I've done some research on Patreon's practices in these kinds of cases and let me tell you, some of the stories were downright horrifying. Thankfully, in my case, it was all resolved rather quick and painless for the most part.
Anywho, back to work for me, and thanks for the kind wishes.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
View attachment 547729

Patreon restored with all the bells and whistles. In the mean time I've done some research on Patreon's practices in these kinds of cases and let me tell you, some of the stories were downright horrifying. Thankfully, in my case, it was all resolved rather quick and painless for the most part.
Anywho, back to work for me, and thanks for the kind wishes.
Excellent. (y)

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
This is really nice first release. I enjoyed it.
+ I like this story/plot (Gotham City vibe :D (y) )
I like all characters (even this gorilla boss, Mr. Hammer). Sarah is wonderful (already my favourite). Damn I even like our Protagonist!

- What I do not liked was our Storyteller (Narrator). He is annoying with his interruptions. Don't get me wrong...
I like the idea of having a narrator in that story, it refreshing, so - DO NOT GET RID OF HIM.
But only time I want to see him or hear from him is beginning of each episode and the end of it. (Also, while playing, I was thinking to myself: So my character in the future gonna be this annoying asshole? No matter what I do?)

Oh, one more note (but it is not a criticism) - [minor spoiler alert]
I know MC thinks Sarah is capable to take care of herself. But if I was him, I would be worried about my sister so much, I'd probably say both ladies to 'screw themselves', and immediately run home in search of my sister!

Damn, that post wasn't easy to write...

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Alright I just started this but the text needs bumping up a size or 2 (or 3), it's much smaller than most renpy games and only gets worse if someone's whispering or moving away or something ... I'd suggest that the size of the current standard text should become the very smallest it ever gets and everything else enlarged accordingly, to make it easy to parse even on small screens (seemed like there was a generally used size and then 2 stages of it getting smaller used for different stuff).

Buuut, with that said I liked this one. What we've seen of the world so far is interesting and drew me in. Initially I was worried it might be trying a bit hard with that narrator guy at the start, but once it settled into the actual story it found a nice rhythm. I've high hopes for that Lilith character (I love it when you get to dominate characters that themselves are normally dominant - so I wonder if that'll occur) ... and the "roomate" (I'm guessing there'll be a mod to make that sister) was alright (I was actually mainly into her when she was crying - but that's on me, haha)... all the renders and other stuff were of a good quality too.

So yeah this was all around a winner (other than the text size making me grumpy, but I presume that's an easy fix).

Reactions: madmate.games

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Updated OP with Ch1.1 version and a Ch1 to Ch1.1 patch.
No new content, just a ton of fixes and small QoL changes, for details check the changelog in OP.

I'd suggest that the size of the current standard text should become the very smallest it ever gets and everything else enlarged accordingly, to make it easy to parse even on small screens (seemed like there was a generally used size and then 2 stages of it getting smaller used for different stuff).
Are you playing on an android device? Because unfortunately I'm not providing releases or support for android at the moment.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Are you playing on an android device? Because unfortunately I'm not providing releases or support for android at the moment.
Nope a regular windows laptop, albeit one that I guess is on the smaller side of things... but I do imagine it'd be less of a problem if you had some big 24" screen.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
So multiple protagonist confirm coming in future ? damm what a bummer as someone one already mentioned above ,I like to connect with the MC as well and MP kills the vibes:cry:

As far as the first chapter goes it was a good start really liked the MCs personality nice looking models and story looks good too.
GOOD LUCK DEV

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Can't wait for the next update, feels like it's already been forever since the initial release, even though it hasn't been that long yet, haha :p

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Nope a regular windows laptop, albeit one that I guess is on the smaller side of things... but I do imagine it'd be less of a problem if you had some big 24" screen.
Man, I'm so sorry, I found the solution for your issue... and promtly forgot to share it...
When in game, press "A" on your keyboard, it will show you among other things a slider you can use to adjust the size of the text. If that doesn't work for you hit me up so we can figure something else out.
has a lot of spelling errors
Did you play the 1.1 version? It should have all the errors fixed, but if there are some still in do please share.
So multiple protagonist confirm coming in future ? damm what a bummer as someone one already mentioned above ,I like to connect with the MC as well and MP kills the vibes:cry:

As far as the first chapter goes it was a good start really liked the MCs personality nice looking models and story looks good too.
GOOD LUCK DEV
Thanks for the kind words, and I get it. For what it's worth MC has most of the choices, but Sarah does come into play now and again.
That being said, different strokes for different folks, so if this game doesn't work for you (for multiple protagonists reason) best wishes to you and others who share the same priorities :)

Can't wait for the next update, feels like it's already been forever since the initial release, even though it hasn't been that long yet, haha :p
You know, it does feel like it has been forever! That's why I've updated the game!

Version 0.2.1 is available right now for $5+ patreons!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Eerie Entity

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
New update for a game that looks interesting and I haven´t played yet comes out....
happy.gif

Me finding out Female and Multiple protagonist is planned.
sad.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Mpkstroff
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes