• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Update this
I hate to be a broken record... but
People here work on this mod to make it the best it could be

To update the mod today doesn't require a few tweeks and turns to fit the current game
it basically requires to build a whole new game (yes game not mod) and start with close to nothing
sure the modders have the assets but to conjoin it is no easy task
the work on this mod renewed when the 990 ver came out to give you a time-frame
go a page back and you'll see all the action
here's a freebee
So, time to drop some info on whats going on for people that wonder, despite it being basically the same stuff like last week:

The extended crew is still busy working, for the most part work is being done on the base game in terms of code reviews, bugfixing, that kind of stuff - the game gets more stable by the alphabet. So, nothing new there, except maybe that the timespan between letters is decreasing. Haven't paid much attention in comparision to the last version lettering, does feel faster though so there's that as a form of update at least.

Before anyone wishes to ask either the extended team questions in regards to progress on the the mod or even wants to go out of their way to ask Oni on the base game respectively when it comes to new sexual content - in case you were pondering that idea - don't bother: At least the extended crew is working as fast as humanly possible to get this ball rolling again and let me tell you - making art to implement a character, even if only partially functional, is not an easy task. I think it was stated in previous posts that art eats a lot of time and work hours.

When it comes to the base game, well, you tell me. The base game as it stands is still far from running as smooth as it could be, bugs are still cropping up here and there (though not nearly as many), thus extended testing will show how well everything works together once the nastiest issues are resolved and if that makes for a decent modding base in the future. Just a couple posts back (a page tops), I gave a lengthy explaination as to why that's important shit. After all that, it's time to get the mod up to speed: That means - hopefully for the last time - probably making a complete rewrite of the mod to finally use the base game as a platform to allow for easier updating in the future, guess that all depends on how strictly Oni is going to follow the new codebase that he and the extended crew laid out as well as generally accepted conventions.

Now, before someone goes out of their way and says "Well, looks like the mod ain't making any progress right now", that's far from the truth. At the very least on the art front, Shad0wk1ng has been busy working on new backgrounds with different daytime skies on what looks to be a potentially new location alltogether (didn't ask yet), while getting some feedback on the discord all the while Pervy Rogue has been throwing some ideas back and forth, some pretty neat, some which needed to be thrown back with considerable force...
<shameless plug> Btw, you guys should really join if you want to be kept up to date, ask questions and get answers a bit quicker or just want to talk fun and potentially dumb stuff with the community. </shameless plug>Though I can understand potential reservations, given this is the games thread after all and it should be possible to ask questions here as much as on the discord. After all, I've been asked to be giving infos out here for that reason exactly.

Anyways, the most important virtue is patience right about now. Yes, the mod has not seen an update in ages - Hell, it even bothers me - but that doesn't mean nothing is happening. Some are probably excited about the base game being refactored to the point that the mod won't have to be rewritten every other day but the last thing people want is a retread of the entire thing with the crew trying to squeeze a (quite massive) mod into a game version that isn't suited for it, only so that in the end it warrants a partial or complete rewrite - again.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Update this
I'm on and writing new code right now.

I'm still not writing new mod code. It's been said before and most of this community has been amazingly patient about it; still it's worth saying again: Rogue-Like changes tons of things with every version, making it more than a chore to update. 0.990 changed everything and we were waiting for it to happen.

We are well placed to do what we planned; to rewrite the mod entirely. The reason that has not started is pretty simple, we are, I am, working on the core game code. No guarantees on what will happen with that code except to say that I have plans for it either way.

We will update when we update. If you want in-depth detail or to see whats going on, join the Discord.

Azie

May 27, 2018
Okay, wow. Had no idea that things were going that deep into this thing. I appreciate you guys working hard on this. Like, seriously. Thank you. Honestly, this project was too big for Oni to do alone, and it came back to bite him in the ass. Here's hoping that you guys get this in working order soon.

Also i know Oni would have a vote but gdi i want wanda in the game. yes, one big tiddy goth gf isn't enough.

djoal

Sep 3, 2019
hi guys after playing the original game, i found this one modded so i download the 1 on the main page but i'm not sure if it working cause i see no difference in a shop of the game? do i need to copy the files to the original 1? but how get this old version now 0.983f vanilla? and what is the patch.zip on a main page

Jun 8, 2017
hi guys after playing the original game, i found this one modded so i download the 1 on the main page but i'm not sure if it working cause i see no difference in a shop of the game? do i need to copy the files to the original 1? but how get this old version now 0.983f vanilla? and what is the patch.zip on a main page
go to look at girls outfits in gals settings :3 thank me later uwu

djoal

Sep 3, 2019
ok so just the "base mod" link in a 1st page work no need anything else?(they say about copy it in a vanilla game so i'm confuse) cause for now i see no différence.

what is the 10.2 patch link?

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
put Laura in the game pls
.........Ya dumbass.
to play devil's advocate for a minute
I am pretty sure that lulu's first language isn't English and why he tries his complain here and not the main game is to ask the modders to add MAX LEVEL shortcut in the inventory.
All the others girls (except Mistique) have one in the mod and that feature have been greatly missed

BTW maybe update the Rogue button as it doesn't give you enough points to max her out

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
What is the time tables the next beta of the mod so people stop asking?
As of right now, there isn't a fixed ETA, given that the mod basically needs to be fully rewritten for the newest version (hopefully for the last time ever). We'll have to sit this one out and just grit our teeth from what I can tell - all the while we'll be giving out the same answers over again.

With that being the case, we can at the very least be happy in that the base game is stabilizing a bit and in no rush to get through the entire alphabet like some people predicted, so there's progress on that front and like mentioned earlier - A stable game means a stable foundation for the mod to get worked into.

And hey! It's not like the expanded crew is doing nothing whatsoever and is just leaning back while Oni is doing the heavy lifting on fixing and refactoring his game: Texts are being written, screens are being drawn and ideas are thrown around on the discord (which is brimming with activity)... All the while the expanded crew has been giving out pointers for Oni in code reviews and bugfixing.
It's gonna be a bit of a wait for all of us, but this seems to be the last time we'll have to endure it. That is, if the game won't take yet another drastic change in its codebase.

Reactions: EquineHung

tkm09

Oct 11, 2017
i just miss the tanlines so much and cannot fiigure out where they went. i am a broken man. otherwise i love this.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Also is the C virus causing any slow down in your guys work?
Well, from what I could tell, no one came down with the virus, so that's a relief - but there is now some slowdown in the coding department because people want to take precautions and honestly I can't blame them for that. Whenever I try buying some basic necessities, I'll have to check multiple stores already, so better to be safe than sorry.
But - art and writing are still coming along. It's just that once this is all past us that pieces need to fall together (and hopefully fit)

the modded version will take for ever to update
Well, obviously.
The base game just finished a huge rewrite on the entire codebase to get everything streamlined for future updates while also increasing performance and is now slowly starting to stabilize to the point of not having a ton of errors thrown in your face - this more or less allows the expanded crew to now actually create a mod that can be updated regularly. Prior to this, the entire mod had to be rewritten the second a new update hit the shelves just to retain the status quo. Nothing we can do but wait patiently.

Azie

May 27, 2018
How do I do the thing where I have both the base game and the mod installed at the same time again?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
How do I do the thing where I have both the base game and the mod installed at the same time again?
Just have two different folders - the base game in a folder, and a modded game in another folder.
Due to the way in which the mod alters the base game, you can't have both of them in the same game folder, as the files that are being accessed are changed so drastically (not just due to the mod, but due to the difference in versions) that you can't have both of the game accessible in the same folder, given there'd be a lot of overlap and thus, overwriting of files.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes