• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Okay - time to adress some stuffs here.

I am back after a long time, and there were a senario where u could freely have sex with Emma on public without any consequences.
OR jast have sex with her with consequences.
But now if I try anything she says that she will not do it...
Can I do anything to have her on public?
Over the many different iterations, Emma changed quite a bit. From being somewhat open, to being more open to you when it's in a private setting etc. etc. to where she is now. I haven't played around with her that much throughout all the different versions, but I remember there now being checks in place to do things in public. You'll have to ask her out on a date, which prompts her to remind you that this is a delicate manner for her, but if you convince her, you'll basically be able to do more public things. Same logic applies to threesomes as well, as she'll be quite uncomfortable to do that.
This is basically how it works in the current unmodded version of the game and how it should work in the modded version as well.

has it really been almost six months since the last update?
Yup.
But that is due to the fact that the base game is horribly designed from a programming standpoint. couple answers back, Pervy Rogue went out of his way to let people in this thread know that the mod team is now working with Oni to get the game up to standard. This means they'll do code reviews, give out pointers and fling ideas to improve the codebase to get the game to some reasonable basis that at the very least resembles OOP-based code.

This is important shit.

The base game got by (when it didn't spontaneously combust) by being a somewhat copy-pasted mess of already existing code being changed with a whole lot of conditional statements thrown in. But trying to add a big mod that not only adds locations, actions tied to locations and more to all of it, it becomes a chore at best, a nightmare at worst. Given how much Oni has to change the code across multiple files whenever there is a new major update, the mod basically needs to be rewritten from scratch - either partially, or in its entirety.
With the current update (0.990), this will change - to what degree I'm not entirely sure, but getting the game up to speed is no small task and it had to be done at some point anyways. The game gotten too big for its boots and is now at the point of buckling under its own weight. Once the code is streamlined, the mod will profit heavily from it, as doing actual "porting" work will be way easier, to the point of doing smalltime updates instead of doing rewrites on half the mod.

I downloaded it and I'm already being spammed with nude photos on the phone. I can't move without getting them texts
That you can deactivate by talking to each individual girl and telling them to stop sending you pictures on the phone. Just look through the different menus when talking to them. It should be under their customization options.

person108

Apr 3, 2018
Can anyone post the original 0.982g? (The Gwenpool one) for PC? People didn't vote for her, the character who has assets done already, so it'll take longer for a new girl. I need that Gwenpool fix.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
With the current update (0.990), this will change - to what degree I'm not entirely sure, but getting the game up to speed is no small task and it had to be done at some point anyways. The game gotten too big for its boots and is now at the point of buckling under its own weight. Once the code is streamlined, the mod will profit heavily from it, as doing actual "porting" work will be way easier, to the point of doing smalltime updates instead of doing rewrites on half the mod.
We're looking at a complete rewrite here. Maybe more than a complete rewrite. At the moment Im just in the outfits portion of the game (I mean, thats all yall really care about right?).

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
The modders are working with Oni to clean up the code AFK. So no test build for a long while.
Pretty much that. And hey, there's long term benefits for the modders after all, given that the refactored code will provide a basis that can actually be worked with to keep updated, instead of re-writing the mod over and over and over again.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
So, time to drop some info on whats going on for people that wonder, despite it being basically the same stuff like last week:

The extended crew is still busy working, for the most part work is being done on the base game in terms of code reviews, bugfixing, that kind of stuff - the game gets more stable by the alphabet. So, nothing new there, except maybe that the timespan between letters is decreasing. Haven't paid much attention in comparision to the last version lettering, does feel faster though so there's that as a form of update at least.

Before anyone wishes to ask either the extended team questions in regards to progress on the the mod or even wants to go out of their way to ask Oni on the base game respectively when it comes to new sexual content - in case you were pondering that idea - don't bother: At least the extended crew is working as fast as humanly possible to get this ball rolling again and let me tell you - making art to implement a character, even if only partially functional, is not an easy task. I think it was stated in previous posts that art eats a lot of time and work hours.

When it comes to the base game, well, you tell me. The base game as it stands is still far from running as smooth as it could be, bugs are still cropping up here and there (though not nearly as many), thus extended testing will show how well everything works together once the nastiest issues are resolved and if that makes for a decent modding base in the future. Just a couple posts back (a page tops), I gave a lengthy explaination as to why that's important shit. After all that, it's time to get the mod up to speed: That means - hopefully for the last time - probably making a complete rewrite of the mod to finally use the base game as a platform to allow for easier updating in the future, guess that all depends on how strictly Oni is going to follow the new codebase that he and the extended crew laid out as well as generally accepted conventions.

Now, before someone goes out of their way and says "Well, looks like the mod ain't making any progress right now", that's far from the truth. At the very least on the art front, Shad0wk1ng has been busy working on new backgrounds with different daytime skies on what looks to be a potentially new location alltogether (didn't ask yet), while getting some feedback on the discord all the while Pervy Rogue has been throwing some ideas back and forth, some pretty neat, some which needed to be thrown back with considerable force...
<shameless plug> Btw, you guys should really join if you want to be kept up to date, ask questions and get answers a bit quicker or just want to talk fun and potentially dumb stuff with the community. </shameless plug>Though I can understand potential reservations, given this is the games thread after all and it should be possible to ask questions here as much as on the discord. After all, I've been asked to be giving infos out here for that reason exactly.

Anyways, the most important virtue is patience right about now. Yes, the mod has not seen an update in ages - Hell, it even bothers me - but that doesn't mean nothing is happening. Some are probably excited about the base game being refactored to the point that the mod won't have to be rewritten every other day but the last thing people want is a retread of the entire thing with the crew trying to squeeze a (quite massive) mod into a game version that isn't suited for it, only so that in the end it warrants a partial or complete rewrite - again.

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
No but i tried like for 30 days probs and wouldn't happent idk why do you think i need to start over? and thanks in advance
not likely if you go to classroom after classes on a weekday the scene should trigger
waste a day going every hour to the classroom
if that doesn't work try downloading the latest stable version instead

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes