Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
How do I do the thing where I have both the base game and the mod installed at the same time again?
also if you are still unclear I made a visual tutorial a while back
First of all if your game inventory looks like this you don't need to do anything reply to me and I will explain
View attachment 554630
if not then the long way will be opening the two files (mod and game)
View attachment 554633
go to each file and moving their content individually
View attachment 554634
keep in mind that you can just replace the file on other ones they basically an expansion that includes the original files
View attachment 554635

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
So then, time to address stuff.

Tell us how the mod is progressing, otherwise silence and nothing are clear.
Slowly.
Simple as that, but let me elaborate a bit:

There is work being done as we speak:
The Art division is working on new backgrounds entirely. I'd need to ask for permission to post any of those in-progress works, but I can tell you so far, the stuff looks really damn good. While no one has caught the C-Virus so far from what I could tell, it seems to slow down progress being made - across the board and that quite noticably - simply by existing and causing day to day troubles since there also exists real life after all, so there is that caviat. As a side note however, there's also a lot of progress being made when it comes to outfits. New outfits entirely in their different poses and different situations have been made and they all look finger-licking good. Writers have also been writing new intros, refining text bits here and there, so there's work being done at all ends to get everything ready for the transition.

So it's not like the Expanded Crew is sitting on their asses doing nothing. They're busy. The problem, or bottleneck as of right now is the basegame interestingly enough. Why?
Well, the ultimate goal is going to be making modding easier in the future...A lot easier in fact - To the point of having very little maintainance work whenever a new version rolls out. The way Oni has been making the game up until the 0.990 version has been a whole lot of conditionals, copy-pasted chunks of code and whatnot.

So what? People can work around that. Well, the expanded crew did - multiple times prior to this in fact.
Before this particular update (0.990) however, Oni made drastic changes to multiple areas all at once whenever a new version came out to make the game work. It's a puzzle in which parts disappear, new parts appear out of nowhere and existing parts just change shape randomly. This meant that whenever a new version came along, the mod would have to be rewritten - either partially or in full - all just to maintain the status quo and that is just not feasible. With the basegame itself now buckling under its own weight to the point of warranting a refactoring of the codebase to adopt some OOP standards, that ultimate goal is actually achieveable. As long as this whole refactoring is in progess however, progress on the coding front can't really happen. Not in any meaningful capacity at least.

Long story short: The mod will be actually getting somewhere once the basegame is done with the rework of the codebase to stop having to rewrite the mod every other version.

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
I joined the discord for the first time and I highly recommend it to everyone. It's easy to navigate, people are chill and you can see lots of cool new art and stuff. They have sections for art submissions, requests, general mod talk, etc

Here's the link

Jan 11, 2018
Then I suggest they start using it or quit making assumptions based on zero effort from their part.
So you registered on this forum specifically to tell other ppl to check discord, and not THIS forum that was basically made for this kind of topics? You feeling alright?

grayfox127

May 4, 2017
So you registered on this forum specifically to tell other ppl to check discord, and not THIS forum that was basically made for this kind of topics? You feeling alright?
Nope, I was registered on this forum long before I got discord. The key difference being that I now use the other avenues of seeking information that was both provided and suggested to me through this forum.

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
New mod update available for version 0.984h

Download links and installation guide on discord:
Check the channel #announcements
For additional help go to the channel #help

I'm not going to post any links here without permission. The discord is free to use.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes