• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

osa6464

Jul 30, 2019
Did you:
1. unpack version 0.983f to a new directory?
2. unpack the base mod version 10 to the same directory, overwriting files if prompted?
3. unpack the 10.2 mod patch to the same directory, overwriting files when prompted?

Because from your comment it's really not clear. What do you mean by "the data files merge together"?
the file titled data in the game directory tells me that it will merge the content not replace it
just can any one upload the game modded and ready

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
the file titled data in the game directory tells me that it will merge the content not replace it
just can any one upload the game modded and ready
Try to do it the long way around to see if something in your pc is wrong
Also still waiting for that screen cap

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
the long way?
disclaimer i'm not really good at this
First of all if your game inventory looks like this you don't need to do anything reply to me and I will explain
rogue 1.PNG
if not then the long way will be opening the two files (mod and game)
rogue 0.PNG
go to each file and moving their content individually
rogue 2.PNG
keep in mind that you can just replace the file on other ones they basically an expansion that includes the original files
rogue 3.PNG

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
Still better than the nightmare of Windows 8, Mr. Night Angel ;)
Very true, I unfortunately still have that BS on my laptop because it came with it, but I don't use it much so meh. Also I salute you sir for being well read....and obviously with great taste. ;)

And that stopped you from using it because...?
Professional office use. If Windows 7 is not supported and updated for new changes and advances, it turns your computer into a giant paperweight with as much logic and functionality as a government website (ever try running good ol Windows XP today?). We tried 10 when it first came out, hated it's guts and realized it was stupid, then switched back to Windows 7. Fast forward 6(ish) years and we still hate it's guts, but are forced to use it.

Jan 28, 2018
Just some small questions: How is the work on mystique going? And could you maybe give us an update on the mod? Are you working on the base mod?

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Just some small questions: How is the work on mystique going? And could you maybe give us an update on the mod? Are you working on the base mod?
I would also kine to know how the mod is progressing?
well to answer you two with the conclusion I got earlier
Basically no real progress can really be implemented to mod until Oni will update the game to a stable version (like 0.985 no not 984i or some bullshit)
The original developer has shaken the original code so much that while the old mod was more extansive it is no more compatible the base game.

Or to put in lament terms no 0.985 no work is done on the game

join the discord there are some good resources there

ggt95

Sep 20, 2019
Pervy Rogue Nice work, the stuff you guys do is super appreciated. I think it would be a pretty good idea if someone puts a tan reset option somewhere in the debug menu, because the tan system can be a little buggy. I know significant parts of the codebase is changed between versions but having debug options for mod features would be really useful imo.

Su©ker Your DP would fit right into the game. Knowing Oni it would probably take him until 2024 to draw these scenes in. Not that I don't understand the sheer scale and difficulty of a project like this but Oni in particular hasn't been the most receptive to outside help as someone mentioned earlier

Feb 28, 2019
well to answer you two with the conclusion I got earlier
Basically no real progress can really be implemented to mod until Oni will update the game to a stable version (like 0.985 no not 984i or some bullshit)
The original developer has shaken the original code so much that while the old mod was more extansive it is no more compatible the base game.

Or to put in lament terms no 0.985 no work is done on the game

join the discord there are some good resources there
How would we know when a stable version is out?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
How would we know when a stable version is out?
Stable version? With Oni? What kind of heresy are you trying to spread?

But in all honesty, I'm fairly certain the mod devs work constantly on whatever version they set themselves out to call the "baseline" to work their mod around.
Issue with that are the aforementioned codechanges whenever a new version comes around, which causes the entire mod to no longer work if you were to port it from the existing version over to a next one... Hell, the currently released never version is breaking already in itself with girls having duplicate dialogues, emma barely working at all when you just start out fresh (as suggested) and many of the features either just not triggering (like the shower walk ins - most likely due to other occasions like the girls being in taking a higher priority) or causing errors - that when skipped, take out any kind of immersion you may or may not had to begin with.

מהthe answer was in the quote but sill when a version doesn't have letter attached to it it is considered stable like 0.985 not 0.984e
Careful there - with Oni, lettering indicates the release state, not stability. version 0.990 was the first release, but extremely broken, 0.990b is still broken, but less so. Apparently version .c is already out which may fix some more bugs. With Oni, a "stable" version is basically the last lettered version, which was 0.984h

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Do not play 0.99 right now if you are not a tester/bug hunter! This is going to be one of the hardest releases Oni has done so far with very little in the way of game content.

But REJOICE! For Oni has heard the modders and made many changes. Now we have to go and be code reviewers for the weekend.

You will not hear of a mod update for a little while still! These changes bring with them a complete rewrite of the mod. And while I did get a couple of little previews, we still do not know the extent of the changes or what is going to be needed to make them stable.

For the foreseeable future, the mod team will be working to support Oni by offering code review, advice, and bug fixes.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes