• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
You will not hear of a mod update for a little while still!
I'm more or less certain we won't be hearing anything regarding an update for a long while still, given that Oni decided to change so many things that old errors (variables being either non-existent or not called properly - especially the pool and multiple girls in class cause error messages left right n center) pop out like happy little radishes to populate this game once again.

Honestly, I'm not envyous of your position as it stands: On the one hand I'm thrilled to hear that you guys now do code reviews to help Oni along with his mess, but on the other hand I kind of feel that effort is eventually going to be wasted, as he'll change more things around with the next full release regardless and thus keeping the cycle on repeat. I sure hope it doesn't come to this.

Up until reading your post I was somewhat under the impression that Oni decided to only pay lip service to the community surrounding this game by saying he'll gladly accept any coding advice/help but setting the bar for entry so high that nobody would reach the standards set by him and thus, him never getting help. So at the very least I can dream of faster bugfixing with you guys watching over his shoulder because it seems that at this point the modding community has a better understanding on programming than he himself has.

Reactions: EquineHung

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
I'm more or less certain we won't be hearing anything regarding an update for a long while still, given that Oni decided to change so many things that old errors (variables being either non-existent or not called properly - especially the pool and multiple girls in class cause error messages left right n center) pop out like happy little radishes to populate this game once again.

Honestly, I'm not envyous of your position as it stands: On the one hand I'm thrilled to hear that you guys now do code reviews to help Oni along with his mess, but on the other hand I kind of feel that effort is eventually going to be wasted, as he'll change more things around with the next full release regardless and thus keeping the cycle on repeat. I sure hope it doesn't come to this.

Up until reading your post I was somewhat under the impression that Oni decided to only pay lip service to the community surrounding this game by saying he'll gladly accept any coding advice/help but setting the bar for entry so high that nobody would reach the standards set by him and thus, him never getting help. So at the very least I can dream of faster bugfixing with you guys watching over his shoulder because it seems that at this point the modding community has a better understanding on programming than he himself has.
Its not a close working relationship but, its something. We have no voice on the development of the game and we don't get to see whats coming out early; we do get the opportunity to help solve problems here and there. Oni has at least been willing to look at suggestions about ways to streamline portions of code to make things like displaying images faster.

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
And yes, I hear y'all. I do not check over here like I should.

MK78 May soon be back around to help out with that. Shad0wk1ng09 checks in occasionally and is responsible for the art I have been posting.

For now, Perviously on Expanded:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So this is why you shouldn't wast your time and talent on "navigating thousands lines of code" but creating your own and add new content like you did with clothes, bdsm stuff, new animations etc. And "updating" your mod with Oni's original only when there is really something new, like... I don't know... when Jean will be added for exemple. If "you" don't add her before...

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Its not a close working relationship but, its something. We have no voice on the development of the game and we don't get to see whats coming out early; we do get the opportunity to help solve problems here and there. Oni has at least been willing to look at suggestions about ways to streamline portions of code to make things like displaying images faster.
Given that the game runs like ass from time to time (when it works properly), that would already be an improvement well perceived.
Honestly, at this point it's just nice to know that some people that know how to handle actual programming and that can follow basic object-oriented programming standards help along. Given Oni more or less copy-pasted old character entries in order to create the baseline for new girls while changing the variables and worked/branched out from there, it must be a nightmare to navigate, let alone untangle the chaos.

I wouldn't have expected any close working relationship at any point - as in the earlier stages of the game (Back when Kitty was still not fully implemented) - Oni more or less refused to accept any kind of help to speed things up. What looks like a smalltime step now for an onlooker is actually a huge jump for future development (if he doesn't throw those plans overboard) and I'm more than just glad to see it happen, given that you guys managed to set up a big mod that more or less towers the basegame, even when it still received updates and you had to work on refactoring to port to the next version.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
So this is why you shouldn't wast your time and talent on "navigating thousands lines of code" but creating your own and add new content like you did with clothes, bdsm stuff, new animations etc. And "updating" your mod with Oni's original only when there is really something new, like... I don't know... when Jean will be added for exemple. If "you" don't add her before...
Im a coder, not an artist. If I had a good team of art monkeys, I could do just that.

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
Im a coder, not an artist. If I had a good team of art monkeys, I could do just that.
Well all the Moders here I meant. Stuff we find here like Mystique, her anims, new clothes etc. are comming from this Moders community right? Whatever they are Coders like you or Artists. (y)

Ironrifle

Feb 20, 2018
do anyone have a save with high obidiance and low love for all girls? I havent played this game in a while and it looks like my old saves dont work. Thx in advance

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
So there’s no mystique content in the mod right now?
Nope. There really hasn't been for 2 versions. Mystique was based on Rogue's body and a piece of code that wasn't working with the newer versions. So she had to be taken out for now and is getting her own art.

BoromidHUN

Sep 29, 2017
I am back after a long time, and there were a senario where u could freely have sex with Emma on public without any consequences.
OR jast have sex with her with consequences.
But now if I try anything she says that she will not do it...
Can I do anything to have her on public?
Or it is locked?
I have max inhibition, obedience and love.
Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your reply.

GottaLust

Feb 22, 2019
I downloaded it and I'm already being spammed with nude photos on the phone. I can't move without getting them texts

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes