Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

pralima87

Oct 12, 2017
Simply click on the backpack and chose "end quarantine"
If you ever have questions like this, try to use the "search in this thread" search bar on the top right, you might find the question already answered ;)
thanks,
something like this should definely be in the first page.

Reactions: Vikata

peixe751

Jul 7, 2017
right now this is a standalone game right? it have yet to add Laura and Jean Grey right? probably gonna wait until this mod add them

Last edited:

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
right now this is a standalone game right? it have yet to add Laura and Jean Grey right? probably gonna wait until this mod add them
Laura is in the newest version, as are all interactions and some special outfits. Jean on the other hand is not.

Nov 20, 2020
Merging means you copy the new one over the other (like.. drag it with the cursor over the destination). Its supereasy. You can as well just right-click on the folder you wish to copy and indeed, select the option copy. Then simply go into the location where the destination folder is, click somewhere within that window and select the option Paste. Let it overwrite.

Dumb question but how do i open the game
can't seem to find it

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
The content of that 'Patch_7' folder is another folder called 'game'. Copy/Cut that one and Paste it over the 'game' folder you see here. So the one in 'patch_7' overwrites the one you see here.

So go in the Patch_7 folder, right click on the 'game' folder inside. Select Cut or Copy, both works, and then come out, click to somewhere that isn't any folder (so into the white area below the folders and files) and right-click, select Paste. When asked, you chose overwrite.

Nov 14, 2018
At this rate, this mod is pretty much going to catch up with the base game in let's say, maybe January or February. I have a feeling that the next update with this mod is going to be magnificent.
The way the team has been developing the mod has been an investment. Once they get this version of the mod out they can frequently add new content, the only problem is rejigging the code takes time which they've been doing for 9-10 months now. So they'll be a massive payoff once they've changed the code since any new work can be added to the game seamlessly. It's truly a mystery why Oni hasn't considered doing the same (or atleast hiring someone for it). It'd make his job 10x easier.

Reactions: srg91

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
The way the team has been developing the mod has been an investment. Once they get this version of the mod out they can frequently add new content, the only problem is rejigging the code takes time which they've been doing for 9-10 months now. So they'll be a massive payoff once they've changed the code since any new work can be added to the game seamlessly.
While the expanded crew has been working on that for the last couple months now - Given that Onis code did not resemble anything modular at all - the base game hasn't done nearly enough refactoring and modularization to make that feasible just yet from how Pervy sounded in regards to the base game updates. Eventually that will be the goal, but if that's going to be reached with the next big update? Semi-doubtful.

It's truly a mystery why Oni hasn't considered doing the same (or atleast hiring someone for it). It'd make his job 10x easier.
Because this has been Oni's baby and he took this project more as a way to learn coding, rather than making a refined product in terms of backend compatibility. This will most likely also be the reason he's not going to get code help from outside sources, like a hired coder.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
First time ever trying the mod so question here, how do you remove the masks? (added the "Forever Quarantine" patch since i thought it might have more content, now wondering if it's just a silly add).

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
First time ever trying the mod so question here, how do you remove the masks? (added the "Forever Quarantine" patch since i thought it might have more content, now wondering if it's just a silly add).
Little backpack icon that opens the cheat menu? There is an option to end quarantine.

Last edited:
Reactions: NODOGAN
Nov 20, 2020
The content of that 'Patch_7' folder is another folder called 'game'. Copy/Cut that one and Paste it over the 'game' folder you see here. So the one in 'patch_7' overwrites the one you see here.

So go in the Patch_7 folder, right click on the 'game' folder inside. Select Cut or Copy, both works, and then come out, click to somewhere that isn't any folder (so into the white area below the folders and files) and right-click, select Paste. When asked, you chose overwrite.
Thanks 4 the help but if I can't get it this time, im gonna give it up

It would not let me paste patch 7 'game' over rogue file 'game'(the paste option shows up but it's not enabled)

So I went into Patch 7, copied 'game', and placed it on my home screen, then I copied it again and placed it in the rogue file 'game'(which worked but it did not give me an option to overwrite, it went straight inside the rogue game file)

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks 4 the help but if I can't get it this time, im gonna give it up

It would not let me paste patch 7 'game' over rogue file 'game'(the paste option shows up but it's not enabled)

So I went into Patch 7, copied 'game', and placed it on my home screen, then I copied it again and placed it in the rogue file 'game'(which worked but it did not give me an option to overwrite, it went straight inside the rogue game file)
Drag this "Game" folder to the Rogue Like folder, not to inside the other Game folder.

DaKornGuy509

May 10, 2020
I cant find mystique. She already snuck in my room at night and ive found all 4 of the girls but she still doesnt show up anywhere.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Because she doesn't show up anywhere on campus, but waits for you at the brotherhood - after her events, there should be a new option on the campus screen to go visit the brotherhood.

Reactions: biscoitow757

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Well, the expanded crew is (and has been) working heavily on new content for the mod on a newer base game version - when that will be able to release? Good question.

Given that the crew is actually growing - though always on the lookout for more people willing to help - it may be picking up pace. But I'm also fairly certain that they won't be giving out any specific date as to when they plan to release some new content, simply because they know that if they somehow fuck up (and with Onis base code that can happen quite quickly) then there'll be a wildfire.

So is there a schedule? My guess would be that there's an internal one. Is it public? Don't know, haven't checked with them, but I assume not.

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
I can confirm that there is no release schedule yet. Rewriting the whole game to fit the mod is a massive task. Are we insane? Yes! Would we do it any other way? No. Keep in mind that none of us works on this project full time.

Reactions: BongadaSlave
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes