Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
As has been explained numerous times (hey look, that search bar is quite handy), the devs for the expanded mod are rebuilding it from the ground up so they don't have to rely on new builds that become obsolete by the next build.

MetaK

Jul 17, 2018
As has been explained numerous times (hey look, that search bar is quite handy), the devs for the expanded mod are rebuilding it from the ground up so they don't have to rely on new builds that become obsolete by the next build.
So basically, these guys are better programmers than Oni.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
So basically, these guys are better programmers than Oni.
That isn't all that high of a bar to achieve, given that Oni had zero prior experience in programming and used this project more as a ways of learning about programming in the first place, instead of creating a fully functional and bug free game on his first attempt, ready for mass appeal. If I remember correctly, he even stated as much in some of his update posts way back when the game was really in its early stages (this meaning only having mostly finished rogue and just barely implemented kitty).

That's not to say that he hasn't improved over the course of the development, just not by all that much because there was never really much need for improvement. While the game ran mostly fine, bugs that he created also got stamped out (though sometimes he even re-introduced them and stamped them out once more) and with the game growing in complexity, he had to adapt, which leads to the code-revision in version 0.90 iirc, though how well that holds up I cannot tell as I have little experience in that field myself and am only relaying all the info.

JustHockeyman

Jan 31, 2019
Issues with launch via JoiPlay; doesn't works nor with patched, nor with stock version
Any1 knows solution?

Last edited:

TZSD

Nov 27, 2020
How do I romance Mystique? after the first encounter I cant find her? help would be well appreciated?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
It seems to be a common bug that the encounters with mystique do not make the travel option appear in the campus menu, where a new option called "move to the brotherood" should appear, can't tell you how to fix that as I'm not a programmer.

On the other hand, the content regarding her is barebones at best, as she was only half implemented back then from what I remember and she's basically a direct port.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I know I'm gonna get facepalmed but, is there really no chance for women from other universes?

I just want DC Raven tbh.

I wish I could mod. I'd be modding the hell out of this game as well if I were able.

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
The expanded crew has stated that they do not have an ETA, given the big workload of updating the mod to a newer version - though they did not abandon this project, no worries there.
So sadly, the only applicable answer is "when it's done.".
damn guess only time will tell :(

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes