Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

sirarkhive

Jun 26, 2019
Aight one of the Expanded Crew here

Patreon has strict rules about DMCA and we dont want our community/servers to be taken down by that. The second reason is we want you guys to support original creations - in this situation Oni - so we dont support leaking or giving away stuff thats behind a paywall. This is also the reason why we did not use any of the newest release versions available on f95 at that time and instead waited for the public release version to be available before we worked on the mod.

*and oh yeah there is Covid-19 thing going on and most of the modding team especially coders have to work pretty hard in their private life at the moment and most of us does this for hobby*

PS. you could always come and code with us if you think you have time or skills to do our Jobs.

View attachment 1059449

By That Thot Sleepy Cloud
Thanks for the update! I'd just like to say not all of us are entitled and angry, you guys do more than the rest of us and I'm sure most of us will wait quite patiently. :)

lightshark12

Sep 22, 2019
From what I understand the idea is to do it the other way around - The expanded crew is in the works of writing a stable codebase from which content from the vanilla game as well as extra added mod content can be put in without much effort on the dev team, as Oni does code changes that are way too unreliable to base a mod around.
so they are back-engineering the whole game? must be fun)) but how its going to be a mod and not a new game?))

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
so they are back-engineering the whole game? must be fun)) but how its going to be a mod and not a new game?))
Well, they aren't specifically reverse-engineering the whole thing. From my understanding, they just want to make the game use principles of object oriented programming, as the vanilla game is a coding nightmare to navigate through, let alone base a mod around. At the very least, something like this will only need to be done once and after that, it's smooth sailing with adding more things in later down the line.

well i mean its still based on the original game even if none of the code is the same
Basically that. Without stuff from the base game, the mod wouldn't even run at that point.

Reactions: JUnnAmmED

zubuti

Feb 12, 2018
i downloaded
Base Mod
Modded Rogue-Like-0.984h_1 Test Version
So there s no new clothes. i remember, it was moded clothes button while changin girls wardorabe. but i ve no buttons,i got only old clothes.
am i missing points at installing ?

haru4am

Sep 2, 2020
cant find any of the clothing items there used to be a lot of them now there's just the original ones.

Klony

Oct 8, 2019
The art never stopped, just the code. If you check their github you gonna see there's basically nothing there, at this pace the mod might be ready a thousand years from now.

They take a lot of questionable choices, like moving everything from here to the discord, prohibiting posting patreon stuff on the discord, not doing anything, among others.
We can only hope someone else other than the discord team starts working on it again.
So they did start a Patreon for the game? After Brotherhood-Like started a Patreon and abandoned it midway, without having something to show for, they started their own patreon?
Or are we talking about the Patreon for Oni? Because this mod is not related to that Patreon...

Klony

Oct 8, 2019
Well, first off - I'm totally sorry I answer to your post this late. I remember wanting to answer once I did read it, but it must've slipped my mind and only on re-reading the thread recently I wanted to make sure nothing was missed, yet there was.

To answer some stuff:
-Why so many threads don't have something akin to an FAQ is beyond me. Case in point this OP. It would make my live a whole lot easier if I didn't have to adress so many questions that just get repeated over and over again, with the answer being as far back as 2 pages tops. It's on Pervy's to-do list, but with the mod currently in the rewriting works, it's on the lower priority end.
-Does pervy have something like a timeline on how much the mod is rewritten and how far in the project is? Welp, sadly I can't disclose this stuff here.
-A Progress bar/tracker/whatever sounds like a neat idea on paper so I've forwarded the idea and there's been some positive responses to it after all. Sure would be nice to see at a glance how far everything is progressing. Though (and this just comes from me) who knows if it's not just more work than it is worth to set up.

What people need to remember is that the rework the mod is currently undergoing is a collossal undertaking and not just something one can slap out within a couple days work. And what some seem to forget is that parts of the extended crew have other things to attend to than just this mod project, even if they still passionately work on it with what little free time they have.

First off, thanks for the reply. Secondly, about my above comment... Are you guys rocking a Patreon now?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
First off, thanks for the reply. Secondly, about my above comment... Are you guys rocking a Patreon now?
That would be news to me. Doesn't make much sense in the first place, given this is a mod to a game that is still in active development.

What the poster you quoted in your previous post was referring to boils down to "posting the base games' patreon news on the rogue-like mod discord", which is an absolute no-go as the main chunk of those posts are only available to Patrons of Oni, meaning posting this information on a platform like a discord server technically falls under piracy and thus could get the server in trouble real quick.

Reactions: Klony and JUnnAmmED

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Sorry for the late post here, been a bit busy. Time to adress some more issues people had:

i downloaded
Base Mod
Modded Rogue-Like-0.984h_1 Test Version
So there s no new clothes. i remember, it was moded clothes button while changin girls wardorabe. but i ve no buttons,i got only old clothes.
am i missing points at installing ?
You might want to also apply the latest update found in the OP - It's the last download link where it says "Latest Patch" - extract that, copy the contents into the mod folder, overwrite any of the files when it asks you to and start the mod up again. It should all run without a hitch. The first release of the base mod (0.984h_1_test) that you downloaded contains a number of issues, which got fixed over multiple updates. But you only need to apply the latest update for it all to be fixed.

cant find any of the clothing items there used to be a lot of them now there's just the original ones.
My above answer might also be helpful to you as well.

Seems like most of the issues revolve around certain buttons just not showing up, which is strange, given I had to re-download and replay the mod myself recently (new machine, so all data lost) and everything worked just fine on my end.

Reactions: Klony and JUnnAmmED

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I dont know what im doing wrong, it just wont worke. I merged the folders and know what nothing works for me
Download and unzip the base mod
Download and unzip update 1.7
put the contents of update 1.7 into the base mod folder, so that the structure equals the folder and it asks you to override files.
Start the mod and play.

If it still doesn't work, post an error log so we can see what the issue is.

Reactions: JUnnAmmED
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes