Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys, I have a crazy identity for a mod. What would you think of that?
sorry for my bad english. translate with google.
For the first time, you can't buy anything in your room. one day they met Gambit, who ran a small black market.
Gambit is asking you to get things for yourself in order to get some nude pictures of the girls.
For each picture, friendship with Gambit increases, as does his offer.
The pictures can be taken either in secret or with permission from the women, depending on affection or obedience.
Therefore, the girls should first insist on condoms during sex, which of course can only be bought at Gambit.
you could also buy playing cards to play strip Black Jack with the girls.

that would bring a lot more variation into play.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about prorams myself, but I can well imagine that it would be a big effort, but it could be worth it.
what do you think
I think that's a great idea (it would also make the game a little less grindy on cash) but sadly i think that's too hard for the few developers still working on the mod in their spare time :(

• Sad
Reactions: AnonF21

namenotinuse

Nov 17, 2018
It's true that some signs of life from the programers would be welcome. Be it some monthly update on what's being done or even some screenshot of what's to come, even if there's not much to say in term of progress it would be reassuring. And yeah, I read that there are some updates on Discord but a) Not everyone uses Discord and b) not everyone want their discord to be linked to an erotic game. In the end it's not up to me and i'd be fine either way, but it may prevent tantrums like the one above from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2018
It's true that some signs of life from the programers would be welcome. Be it some monthly update on what's being done or even some screenshot of what's to come, even if there's not much to say in term of progress it would be reassuring. And yeah, I read that there are some updates on Discord but a) Not everyone uses Discord and b) not everyone want their discord to be linked to an erotic game. In the end it's not up to me and i'd be fine either way, but it may prevent tantrums like the one above from happening.
Nothing on discord. I mean, the only thing we get there are occasional lurkers asking if the mod is dead, and ppl copy pasting same answer something like "someone is working on it, but we dont have time/will/money/etc"...not to mention that some ppl from team already disappeared (at least thats what i got from it). So, long story short, mod is dead.
And before ppl come screaming insults at me, its pretty simple: prove me wrong. For now we have only proofs of it being dead :/

BishopSec

Feb 28, 2021
Nothing on discord. I mean, the only thing we get there are occasional lurkers asking if the mod is dead, and ppl copy pasting same answer something like "someone is working on it, but we dont have time/will/money/etc"...not to mention that some ppl from team already disappeared (at least thats what i got from it). So, long story short, mod is dead.
And before ppl come screaming insults at me, its pretty simple: prove me wrong. For now we have only proofs of it being dead :/
Mod died when Grigori left, you can see on the discord that he was the last one to post any content.
The only hope now is that either Griogri comes back or someone else steps up and takes over coding it (the artists are still around doing god's work).

RGS

Jan 15, 2018
So you're saying I haven't missed any updates in several months of not checking, then. Great.

jzmsldn

Mar 30, 2021
if the rewrite isnt going to be done soon, any way we can just get a link to the really old version that had all this mod's features at least? the oldest link is dead so all we have in the meantime is that halfredacted wip version where mystique shows up in your room instead of as a teacher

Reactions: iuyfgd

idontu

Sep 17, 2016
Why can't I find mystique as raven? where do you find her

I have access to her room but no Raven, only mystique

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
The mod is technically dead until Oni actually finishes the game or reaches 1.0. Last I read from the modders is that they aren't gonna touch the base game anymore until it is final since Oni keeps making more bugs with every little increment of an update (0.99xa to 0.99xb can break more things than it fixes).

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
The mod is technically dead until Oni actually finishes the game or reaches 1.0. Last I read from the modders is that they aren't gonna touch the base game anymore until it is final since Oni keeps making more bugs with every little increment of an update (0.99xa to 0.99xb can break more things than it fixes).
Not entirely accurate and certainly not what's happening anymore. They aren't going to bother with Oni's version anymore. This mod will include a rewrite (that will be kept up to date with Oni's version) + DLC (which will be the Expanded Mod) simply so they don't need to re-write the code every fucking time Oni coughs out a bugfix.

Pervy has recently gotten back to coding, while we likely won't see a full release anytime soon we will perhaps see a tech demo saying that the mod isn't dead, just life sucks all the energy out of the room.

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
Not entirely accurate and certainly not what's happening anymore. They aren't going to bother with Oni's version anymore. This mod will include a rewrite (that will be kept up to date with Oni's version) + DLC (which will be the Expanded Mod) simply so they don't need to re-write the code every fucking time Oni coughs out a bugfix.

Pervy has recently gotten back to coding, while we likely won't see a full release anytime soon we will perhaps see a tech demo saying that the mod isn't dead, just life sucks all the energy out of the room.
If I am reading that correctly, they'll just be making a full re-write of the code and just add whatever other feature Oni adds to his updates (if they're worth trouble)?

It's good news that the mod will take up a life of it's own. Oni doesn't seem to be really interested in staying true to the original concept especially with his bias against Jean (the only reason I was even interested in the game was because it used the X-men Evolution character designs). So far only Rogue, Kitty and Prof X had that design. With years of development, he has just made more unnecessary changes rather expanding the content.

Reactions: jujuman101

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
If I am reading that correctly, they'll just be making a full re-write of the code and just add whatever other feature Oni adds to his updates (if they're worth trouble)?

It's good news that the mod will take up a life of it's own. Oni doesn't seem to be really interested in staying true to the original concept especially with his bias against Jean (the only reason I was even interested in the game was because it used the X-men Evolution character designs). So far only Rogue, Kitty and Prof X had that design. With years of development, he has just made more unnecessary changes rather expanding the content.
You are correct, but this isn't anything new. It's been in progress for a bit of a while now. (Well, as far as you can go with one coder who has a real-life job and a dozen or so artists with too much free time on their hands)

Regardless of how Oni's version turns out, it's still a great game (not as good as the Expanded Mod, nor not as good as the rewrite will be). Pretty complete, but it needs more characters, more content, and a way to keep itself going after you reach the end.

Tsuana

May 26, 2018
Ah I had just assumed the modders were waiting till Oni hit ver 100 before they even bother with 99 since even my noob eyes have noticed the laundry list of bugs that seem to constantly be introduced in the changelogs. Happy to hear that it isn't dead

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Ah I had just assumed the modders were waiting till Oni hit ver 100 before they even bother with 99 since even my noob eyes have noticed the laundry list of bugs that seem to constantly be introduced in the changelogs. Happy to hear that it isn't dead
You are incredibly optimistic if you ever think that Oni is going to "finish" this. It is his goose that lays golden eggs. He is just going to keep taking months to ctrl+c ctrl+v a new girl in with a dozen or so new art assets until people stop paying him.

Tsuana

May 26, 2018
You are incredibly optimistic if you ever think that Oni is going to "finish" this. It is his goose that lays golden eggs. He is just going to keep taking months to ctrl+c ctrl+v a new girl in with a dozen or so new art assets until people stop paying him.
Oh I never assumed it would ever be finished. Game like these hardly ever do get finished. But I do expect him to eventually move on to the next update version eventually. Which I had previously assumed would be when the mod team would step to deal with as few bugs as possible.

V_ale

Jun 18, 2020
any cheat for infinite actions left? as in they don't get tired. me moving an hand making them tired was always kinda annoying + unrealistic.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes