Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Tahlreth

Jul 15, 2018
Would somebody please post a working link to a Linux version of 0.978e AIO? Current link seems to have died.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
I would definitely love to come back to this mod someday, but since we're on the very advanced version right now (more to come), I think it's hard to get a hold of this, there's another expanded mod that improves the baseline game however.

Reactions: Klony

mlkjhgfdsq

Feb 6, 2018
Not in the mod from the first page.

HOWEVER

There is a mod version for 0.995c which has both Jean and Storm. Go the Discord, go to announcements and download fromt there. From the install instructions:

This version will automatically delete the save files in appdata.
1. Delete the game
2. Download the base game and unpack it anywhere
3 Run TinyModInstall.bat and point it towards your game folder - "PathTo\Rogue-Like-0.995c-win". Overwrite the files when asked
Why the update was only on discord? i don't want to join a discord adult game. update the F95 post or close it. or a least said it abandoned.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Why the update was only on discord? i don't want to join a discord adult game. update the F95 post or close it. or a least said it abandoned.
Because it wasn't yet done testing, simple as that.
There were still a handful of bugs to be found and fixed first and more additions to be made before it was supposed to be posted on F95. And since the development on it is still active, the abandoned tag would also be wrong to place on it, one could maybe argue for the on hold tag, since the person doing the "tinymod" is currently busy with a whole lot of other things, but it does see activity every now and then to not even exactly warrant that.

Dragonlord88

Nov 12, 2019
Do these guys realize that there’s an android Version Of the game where are all the mods for that not everybody has a PC so these mods are useless to us

• Angry
Reactions: B00bz

b_w_r

Feb 27, 2021
Even though you are telling the truth But where does that Leave Those who want those same mods on phones we want in on the fun too
What you're effectively pleading for a modder to do is:

• Starting with someone else's project...
  • ...ported to android by another guy...
  • modify that so it will work on...
    • every version of android
    • for every device released to date
    • as well as every version of android that has yet to be released
  • Read bug reports from mobile users
    • who don't know the full name of the device they're using
    • don't know what an operating system version is
    • have never installed anything that wasn't from an appstore before
    • will report problems that can never be able to reproduced for investigation because the modder doesn't own literally every combination of android hardware and software ever made
    • will write new reports because a week has passed and what they reported before still isn't fixed
    • will report problems that originate with the port or the original that a modder isn't in position to work on
    • that are just spammers
  • And they're going to be motivated to do this because
    • computer programming can be fun
    • and it can feel rewarding to contribute to a community that values the work of volunteers.

The scope of developing and supporting mods for computer operating systems and mods for android ports are very, very different.

The level of user competence at writing bug reports that can be hoped for is very different too, because the mobile market obsesses over the marketing and execution of user-driven design. The big rule of mobile design is if it's not convenient it's not a good mobile app. The result is the mobile market is huge and spends money, but for anyone on software support they can barely be trusted to charge a smartphone before complaining that an app broke their device.

Asking for someone else to go through inconvenience like this to satisfy a mobile userbase with mod support is, to be polite, naive.

If there's some reason why it is more unrealistic to buy a secondhand PC that can run RenPy (not exactly a AAA developed gaming performance hog...) than the above it is beyond my imagination, and if there's some counterargument in defense of pleading for mobile mod development I expect it falls far outside the scope of a polite reply.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
It is very difficult to find the 995C version for the tiny mod. Is there an updated version that works with the latest version of the game?

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes