Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
First off, for any OS other than Windows I am absolutely not qualified to offer support on how to run the games, judging by the folder structure naming, you're on macOS. I just saw that all the download links in OP worked and I am fairly certain that for this version at least, the mod was basically a "unzip and play"-kind of deal. The Expanded Crew is generally very adamant about what you need to run a specific version of a game, and since it was this "unzip and play" for windows, it would be kind of absurd to have it another way for a different OS.

To me it sounds like there's two possibilities after your applying of the patch: you either merged the folders wrong, or they have been wrongly packed in the first place, can neither confirm nor deny at this point, sorry about that.

EDIT: Well, the game has booted up, so that's a good sign. But it seems to allow me access to my base game saves from here? Does that mean there's been possible corruption, or will I be fine as long as I don't open those saves in this version?
Yes, the mod technically allows you access to the base games savefiles.
BUT, if those saves are made from any other version than what the mod version is based on (in this case 0.984h), it will most likely cause a ton of errors, if not just outright crash the game. Your best bet is to start over, not like this is a massively long game in the first place.

Nov 29, 2021
Ok, so, just to get a sense, what all is Mystique supposed to do? She just showed up in my room one night, mentioned my powers were interesting, and let me know about the Brotherhood. Now I can go there whenever I want, but she's really robotic seeming, I guess? She doesn't seem to have any feelings about what's happening. And then when I had her transform into Kitty for just a second, and then turned her back, she seemingly picked up Kitty's speech patterns or something for now? What's going on, is there content I'm not seeing?

(Example: She keeps on saying "You know how to push, like, every single one of my buttons.)

Last edited:

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
The character of mystique for the mod was never implemented much further beyond the introduction and basic interactions, which is why she feels like a blank slate.

Nov 29, 2021
I'm also running into a bug where the 'You look good like that option' for Rogue just disappears off the screen, because there are too many other options. That means I can't choose any of them, sometimes. Any known fixes?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
You should be able to scroll in those menus where there are too many options, even if there's no indicator like a scrollbar.
Though I think you do that by holding left click and drag, as the mousewheel is generally exclusive to scroll between scenes in Ren'Py.

GalaxyWolf

Apr 24, 2021
I started a new game to refresh my memory and see for myself how to unlock Mystique. Here's what you need to do.
Meet Rogue. Unavoidable really.
Meet Kitty. Available after Rogue comes to see you for her first "fix".
Meet Laura by going to the Danger Room. Available only after meeting Kitty.
Meet Emma by going to class. Available only after meeting Kitty.
The order for meeting Emma & Laura doesn't matter.
Go to class on the next Monday morning, should start a conversation with Raven aka Mystique.
On Tuesday Night, go to Danger Room and meet Raven again. Note that you must move into the Danger Room at night, already being there will not trigger the conversation and let you discover Raven is Mystique. If you train during the evening, Raven will appear but not trigger the 'event'. Simply leave the room and go back into it and it should trigger then. Didn't test if it also worked on Thursday Night but it should.
Mystique's room is now unlocked.
If you are thorough about it, this can all be completed by the Tuesday of the 2nd week.

YW

Hmm... I tested this in the Expanded Mod version of the game, not the 984h... will do that and see if it works for 984h too.

EDIT:
984h version is even more straightforward.
Meet Rogue.
Meet Kitty. Available after Rogue comes to see you for her first "fix".
Mystique comes to 'see' you in your room. Opens a new location called Brotherhood aka Mystique's Room.
I tried both but i still cant get mystique to show up what am i doing wrong

taliazer

Feb 2, 2018
Hello everyone ! how is this mod going ? I loved it because of the range of outfits available but is it still being worked on ?

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
it really isnt that difficult to read through the past 5 pages of the thread
That's true but there's also never a guarantee that the last 5 pages of a thread will have the answers you seek, so it's more time efficient to ask and hope for an answer.
In this case the likelihood of the answer being in the last few pages is fairly high though.

Klony

Oct 8, 2019
Hey thanks for taking your time helping out people, I would've done that myself here, but sadly I was a bit indisposed.

Yeah, .984h_1 test version seemed to have an oversight which prevents the menus for the brotherhood, as well as the modded clothing menus for some of the girls from appearing. Install the patch (which also contains a bunch more clothing pieces as well) and you are golden. Not to mention that it gets rid of some smaller, non-gamebreaking bugs.
I hope you're doing allright? How's things? Ready for christmas and done with all the family shopping?

You're really doing a lot of work on this forum. Thanks mate. Hope you're having a great time between the years.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Not nearly as much work on this forum thread as I'm supposed to be doing, given the expanded crew asked me to relay info and answer common questions and such. Still, ready for christmas, thanks for asking. But it's been relatively quiet over on the discord due to the others actually being busy with not just real life, but doing small bits here and there.

It's still a long ways away, but hey, slow and steady wins the race - Or gets to witness the heat death of the universe.

Nov 30, 2017
Is jean in the mod?
Not in the mod from the first page.

HOWEVER

There is a mod version for 0.995c which has both Jean and Storm. Go the Discord, go to announcements and download fromt there. From the install instructions:

This version will automatically delete the save files in appdata.
1. Delete the game
2. Download the base game and unpack it anywhere
3 Run TinyModInstall.bat and point it towards your game folder - "PathTo\Rogue-Like-0.995c-win". Overwrite the files when asked

Reactions: Stripes001

Llynethil

Oct 7, 2018
Is the kitty bondage stuff also temporarily disabled in the latest version?

Seem to recall you just need to give her the slave pet name and you can use it, or am I mistaken?

taliazer

Feb 2, 2018
Is the kitty bondage stuff also temporarily disabled in the latest version?

Seem to recall you just need to give her the slave pet name and you can use it, or am I mistaken?

just came back from the discord, the artist in charge of it left and they couldn't support it but know they're back so it should come back in their next version. They're working things take time ! :)

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes