Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes
Jan 17, 2018
Okay, there seems to be a bit of a confusion going on here, time to clarify a bit:
There was another game that was supposed to be set entirely in the brotherhood. This happened, if I remember correctly, due to one of the Expanded Crew members splitting off the project and taking matters into his own hands and just saying "Fuck it, I'll make my own game". Pretty commendable in its own right to just go and make your own project if you feel like what you've been working on isn't getting you anywhere at least - That project had however no affiliation with the Expanded Crew. In fact, on F95 it's been abandoned since then.

The 2 projects the Expanded Crew currently has are basically the following:
The entire rewrite of the Expanded Mod - A Code-based rewrite in order to make the game not just run smoothly and a lot more stable, but to allow easy porting of new content that comes from the base game onto the mod - sounds backwards when you think about it at first. But due to Onis code being a noodly mess (which still holds partially true in the most recent public version) this task has eaten away at a lot of time, but it seems to be just more feasible to do, because the other option would be the following for each and every new update that Oni brings out...

Which is porting the existing mod onto the newest public version and make sure it actually boots up without just crashing outright, with all the hassles that brings to it. This is basically the 2nd project that the Expanded Crew works on, written by Tinymanhood. Tinymanhood as of right now is basically doing this ungrateful job of porting the mod so people can enjoy it in the newest version of the game. However, due to it being basically a 1 man effort it is still a colossal undertaking.
Does it really take years to write/rewrite code for this kind of game? Or is it hard to come up with something new and creative to add to the game? Cause the second option I can understand...

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Does it really take years to write/rewrite code for this kind of game? Or is it hard to come up with something new and creative to add to the game? Cause the second option I can understand...
Hell if I know how long this would take from a coding perspective. But what I do know is that basically all of the expanded crew have some actual real life obligations that they'll have to attend to first before working on the mod, which is nothing but a side project after all. If they didn't have actual jobs and could invest like 5 hours a day onto this? Who knows, maybe it would've been done by now, maybe not still.

I've asked some people on how the code fared on a technical level and if I remember them words correctly, they all basically said that it was an absolute mess that didn't operate after principles of object oriented programming, which is a big no no to begin with. After all, for Oni this was primarely a way to learn coding. So one could expect the most noodly mess in video game form.

Deadman64

Mar 8, 2018
If someone want's to help me out what is the most recent version of this game that I can download because I ( not on purpose) deleted the file's for this game.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Is it worth playing the latest available base mod right now, or am I better off playing the newer versions of the original game until it gets updated?

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Is it worth playing the latest available base mod right now, or am I better off playing the newer versions of the original game until it gets updated?
The newest mod still in testing stage on discord so I think it wasn't worth to play yet, but the new version of original game filled with bugs and quite slow to react to command too so it's up to you

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
The newest mod still in testing stage on discord so I think it wasn't worth to play yet, but the new version of original game filled with bugs and quite slow to react to command too so it's up to you
By latest available I mean the one in the OP, not the discord. I don't know how far behind 0.984 was compared to the current 0.996 release.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
By latest available I mean the one in the OP, not the discord. I don't know how far behind 0.984 was compared to the current 0.996 release.
Ah! Well, the mod are quite behind the official game like it didn't have Jane, Storm and many new features that Oni decided to add later. It still worth to download and play because the modded game are more stable with lot of unique features, dialogues and costumes for the girls, not just that but it has cheat so you can messing around too

Reactions: Testerguy19

sazafran

Nov 10, 2021
Need a little help. I have this expanded version and want to try to get Raven/Mystique but I can't/dont know how to get the 2nd "event" to happen that someone else had mentioned in an earlier comment. I seen somewhere you have to meet all other girls first, but I can't get Jean to appear either. I seen she's supposed to appear in the shower "a couple weeks" into the game but I'm on day 40 something and still no Jean or Raven/Mystique. I've got the scene where Mystiques in your room the first time and tells you not to yell and did that and she gave me a number i think or told me to meet her somewhere but I can't find anything like that in the phone anywhere either. I want to do the Jean thing they have out too and can't get either. Anybody got any ideas? I've been playing on .p984 and that's what I got the 40 in game days time in, but also have .996 but can't get the expanded mod to work on that one, but expanded mod works on .984 for me. I've gotten Rogue and Emma to call me master, went all the way with Kitty, but haven't with Laura yet and seen she has "Gwenpool" easter egg I haven't seen yet but i didn't think that affected the Mystique thing.

Jul 21, 2019
hey guys can you all help me out about this i cannot be able to running this file after extracted rar folder.
im using windows, not macintosh. thanks.
and i cannot run the program. which is sad to know

Last edited:

bobby1227

Feb 27, 2020
hey guys can you all help me out about this i cannot be able to running this file after extracted rar folder.
im using windows, not macintosh. thanks.
and i cannot run the program. which is sad to know
Your second image seems to indicate it's using the Linux version if you look at the file name. If your using it on windows, use the windows version.

• Wow
Reactions: Lovely Candidate
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes