Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

ItSTheDarnNexus

Sep 21, 2019
Has the situation concerning them changed ? I recall there were difficulties the further versions of the original game progressed, that lead to them being shelved. It would be nice to play with those again

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Has the situation concerning them changed ? I recall there were difficulties the further versions of the original game progressed, that lead to them being shelved. It would be nice to play with those again
Basically the majority of the previous mod team moved on to a new project to completely rewrite the game's code from scratch to get past the limitation of having to work with Oni's constantly shifting spaghetti code.

But there's still a single modder, Tiny Manhood that's trying to update the mod to Oni's most recent release. Since he's a single guy doing it alone it's taking him time to restore all of the mods prior features to be compatible with how Oni has changed the code since the last major mod release. Currently his focus seems to be on restoring the extra outfits that had been previously added by past versions of the mod. A big hold up is that he's trying to figure out how to write this latest mod version in a way that does as little as possible to conflict with Oni's code so that when future updates inevitably change things it's easier to adapt.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Basically the majority of the previous mod team moved on to a new project to completely rewrite the game's code from scratch to get past the limitation of having to work with Oni's constantly shifting spaghetti code.

But there's still a single modder, Tiny Manhood that's trying to update the mod to Oni's most recent release. Since he's a single guy doing it alone it's taking him time to restore all of the mods prior features to be compatible with how Oni has changed the code since the last major mod release. Currently his focus seems to be on restoring the extra outfits that had been previously added by past versions of the mod. A big hold up is that he's trying to figure out how to write this latest mod version in a way that does as little as possible to conflict with Oni's code so that when future updates inevitably change things it's easier to adapt.
I hope it will be good but if I remember correctly the new project is a ge like oni

seden

Aug 22, 2016
What is the name of the that new project ?
That version of the game is great, so it is good news it is still ongoing.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
What is the name of the that new project ?
That version of the game is great, so it is good news it is still ongoing.
I know that they have 2 one is the brotherhood with the scarlet as the main characters but that's all the second I only hear it is the game of the original rouge but with a new code but its a rumor that they take but I don t know if the second is truth

Reactions: seden

seden

Aug 22, 2016
They are some games not present here, like "the Intern" etc, so it's no surprise this or these aren't known here either.
Guess looking over the discord could help. To see later on.

Reactions: Ssato243

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I know that they have 2 one is the brotherhood with the scarlet as the main characters but that's all the second I only hear it is the game of the original rouge but with a new code but its a rumor that they take but I don t know if the second is truth
Okay, there seems to be a bit of a confusion going on here, time to clarify a bit:
There was another game that was supposed to be set entirely in the brotherhood. This happened, if I remember correctly, due to one of the Expanded Crew members splitting off the project and taking matters into his own hands and just saying "Fuck it, I'll make my own game". Pretty commendable in its own right to just go and make your own project if you feel like what you've been working on isn't getting you anywhere at least - That project had however no affiliation with the Expanded Crew. In fact, on F95 it's been abandoned since then.

The 2 projects the Expanded Crew currently has are basically the following:
The entire rewrite of the Expanded Mod - A Code-based rewrite in order to make the game not just run smoothly and a lot more stable, but to allow easy porting of new content that comes from the base game onto the mod - sounds backwards when you think about it at first. But due to Onis code being a noodly mess (which still holds partially true in the most recent public version) this task has eaten away at a lot of time, but it seems to be just more feasible to do, because the other option would be the following for each and every new update that Oni brings out...

Which is porting the existing mod onto the newest public version and make sure it actually boots up without just crashing outright, with all the hassles that brings to it. This is basically the 2nd project that the Expanded Crew works on, written by Tinymanhood. Tinymanhood as of right now is basically doing this ungrateful job of porting the mod so people can enjoy it in the newest version of the game. However, due to it being basically a 1 man effort it is still a colossal undertaking.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Okay, there seems to be a bit of a confusion going on here, time to clarify a bit:
There was another game that was supposed to be set entirely in the brotherhood. This happened, if I remember correctly, due to one of the Expanded Crew members splitting off the project and taking matters into his own hands and just saying "Fuck it, I'll make my own game". Pretty commendable in its own right to just go and make your own project if you feel like what you've been working on isn't getting you anywhere at least - That project had however no affiliation with the Expanded Crew. In fact, on F95 it's been abandoned since then.

The 2 projects the Expanded Crew currently has are basically the following:
The entire rewrite of the Expanded Mod - A Code-based rewrite in order to make the game not just run smoothly and a lot more stable, but to allow easy porting of new content that comes from the base game onto the mod - sounds backwards when you think about it at first. But due to Onis code being a noodly mess (which still holds partially true in the most recent public version) this task has eaten away at a lot of time, but it seems to be just more feasible to do, because the other option would be the following for each and every new update that Oni brings out...

Which is porting the existing mod onto the newest public version and make sure it actually boots up without just crashing outright, with all the hassles that brings to it. This is basically the 2nd project that the Expanded Crew works on, written by Tinymanhood. Tinymanhood as of right now is basically doing this ungrateful job of porting the mod so people can enjoy it in the newest version of the game. However, due to it being basically a 1 man effort it is still a colossal undertaking.
thanks for clarifying for me I am in this discord a lot of time connect thanks

Aver

Apr 19, 2017
Morning, excuseme, could anyone please post the discord link again?, the old one isn't valid no more. tyvm.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Morning, excuseme, could anyone please post the discord link again?, the old one isn't valid no more. tyvm.
Strange, the link in OP should be valid.
Functions perfectly fine with my discord and sends me to the Rogue Like discord.

Is this working with the latest version of Rogue-Like?
What's in OP does not work with the latest version and is standalone of an older version.
There's been a smaller mod in the works - which can be found on the discord - that is compatible with the the newest version, but has substantially less content as the port is only done by a single guy of the team.

Reactions: Ssato243

dafebaba

Aug 29, 2020
Is there any android version of this mod (latest version preferably)? If not, is this mod compatible with joiplay?

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
For those of us who don't deal with Discord at all, could someone update the base mod for the OP? I'd kinda like to see what actual content has been added since 9.84, but there's no way in hell I'd do it without the most basic mod features.

Reactions: baymansk
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes