Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
Then I guess mine is the regular expanded mod version even though I have the quarantine version files in the folder. is there something I'm doing wrong
Yeah, you misunderstood what you had to do. Fortunately, it is salvageable and quite easily.

That Patch_7_ folder shouldn't be there. That is the quarantine patch but you placed it wrong. So to fix this...
1. Move the Patch_7_ folder to somewhere else on your hard drive.
2. From that first screenshot you provided, go back one folder so you'll be in the Rogue-Like-0.984h-win folder. To make sure you are in the right place, you should see folders called 'game' 'lib' & 'renpy' as well as a few files. Keep that window open.
3. Going back to the Patch_7_ folder... open it and go inside. You should see a 'game' folder & nothing else. (Go inside the 'game' folder & make sure it contains a 'images' folder & the 'archive.rpa' file & nothing else. Then go back.)
4. Take that 'game' folder & drag it inside the window you kept open at step 2. You should be asked to overwrite some files. Click on YES & that should be it.
5. If everything worked, you can delete the Patch_7_ folder as it is now useless.

Reactions: Mangamingplus2

campfap

Jul 31, 2017
Does anyone know whether there's going to be an update for this mod?
I highly doubt we will see an update any time soon. Maybe if the game is finished we will get one.
Tiny, who seems to do the majority of programing on this mod, said on discord he hasn't worked on the mod the past year and although he is considering to start working again, he wasn't sure if he has the time or motivation for it.
They posted open positions for mod development but i havnt seen or heard anything about how that recruitment went. So for now i would consider the mod on hold.

Last edited:

Prezcot

Aug 7, 2019
I highly doubt we will see an update any time soon. Maybe if the game is finished we will get one.
Tiny, who seems to do the majority of programing on this mod, said on discord he hasn't worked on the mod the past year and although he is considering to start working again, he wasn't sure if he has the time or motivation for it.
They posted open positions for mod development but i havnt seen or heard anything about how that recruitment went. So for now i would consider the mod on hold.
That's extremely disappointing....honestly speaking i wish oni would stop trying to add new characters and try to add some additional stuff you could do with the pre-existing characters maybe some quests or something and one thing its missing are more costumes =w= (yes im a sucker for them). Anyways thanks for the reply. Hope someone revitalizes this mod when maybe game version 1.000 gets released(i don't even know how the releases go =w=)?

Last edited:

Boosttowin

Sep 14, 2019
Yeah, you misunderstood what you had to do. Fortunately, it is salvageable and quite easily.

That Patch_7_ folder shouldn't be there. That is the quarantine patch but you placed it wrong. So to fix this...
1. Move the Patch_7_ folder to somewhere else on your hard drive.
2. From that first screenshot you provided, go back one folder so you'll be in the Rogue-Like-0.984h-win folder. To make sure you are in the right place, you should see folders called 'game' 'lib' & 'renpy' as well as a few files. Keep that window open.
3. Going back to the Patch_7_ folder... open it and go inside. You should see a 'game' folder & nothing else. (Go inside the 'game' folder & make sure it contains a 'images' folder & the 'archive.rpa' file & nothing else. Then go back.)
4. Take that 'game' folder & drag it inside the window you kept open at step 2. You should be asked to overwrite some files. Click on YES & that should be it.
5. If everything worked, you can delete the Patch_7_ folder as it is now useless.
Ok I have done this in past updates, and I just followed the instructions to a T. game folder to game folder nothing has changed in new or old saves. Is there a download that has the patch already installed because no matter how many times I try it doesnt change.

Prezcot

Aug 7, 2019
Ok I have done this in past updates, and I just followed the instructions to a T. game folder to game folder nothing has changed in new or old saves. Is there a download that has the patch already installed because no matter how many times I try it doesnt change.
Could you please explain what you're trying to achieve? Im a bit confused as to whats wrong because installing the mod seems to not be a complicated process...

Boosttowin

Sep 14, 2019
Could you please explain what you're trying to achieve? Im a bit confused as to whats wrong because installing the mod seems to not be a complicated process...
I the logo appears but I have no access to the content (clothes options or Mystique, not even the mask appear) I have used this mod in the past, and even double checked based on your instructions to the guy with a similar issue you talked to previously. I'm done everything short of deleting the files entirely and reloading from scratch. I agree it isn't a complicated process (put the game folder in the file with the game folder) but its just not working.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: keitaka

Prezcot

Aug 7, 2019
Never mind deleting and starting from scratch did the trick... Dang what a pain Sorry for the Trouble!
Ye i was wondering...if deleting and doing everything again didn't fix the issue then i don't know what else really could affect it dude (unless for some bizzare reason your antivirus is deleting a key file? Im mentioning this because it has happened to me before...sometime it would move the file to quarantine and not tell me about it)..either way glad it worked out :)

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes