Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

otkmage

Dec 4, 2018
does anyone know what exactly the oni art mod does? Is it related to the chonky mod, this one maybe even the base game?

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
so I followed the instillation instructions and it seems to work however I cant seem to find the new clothes for the girls anywhere, can anyone help me out ?
The new clothes are in their wardrobe in a special option named something like "modded clothes" that opens up another menu with more stuff. You don't need to buy anything, but you won't be able to access it until they let you manage their clothing.

UltimateX117

Mar 1, 2020
I extracted the mod, merged it with the game folder, now I get this error message preventing the game from starting:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "game/screens.rpy", line 480, in prepare_screen
File "game/screens.rpy", line 480, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 488, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 557, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 564, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 566, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 569, in prepare
File "renpy/common/00preferences.rpy", line 405, in Preference
rv = get()
File "renpy/common/00preferences.rpy", line 403, in get
raise Exception("Preference(%r, %r) is unknown." % (name , value))
Exception: Preference(u'background choices', u'modded1') is unknown.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\main.py", line 499, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\main.py", line 88, in run
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 859, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<screen language>", line 569, in <module>
rv = get()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue-Like 0.984h

Is there an installation step I missed?

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
I extracted the mod, merged it with the game folder, now I get this error message preventing the game from starting:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
rv = get()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\main.py", line 499, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\main.py", line 88, in run
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 859, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "C:\Users\noahn\Documents\Secret Games\Rogue_Evolution\Rogue-Like-0.999b-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<screen language>", line 569, in <module>
rv = get()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue-Like 0.984h

Is there an installation step I missed?

The 984h Mod is a stand alone, you do not merge it with the original game. What you do need to merge is the quarantine patch with the mod itself.

Prezcot

Aug 7, 2019
Does anyone know if there is going to be an update for this mod? I would love to see some new outfits...oni doesn't seem to be doing much :(

Lex2194

Aug 8, 2018
The new clothes are in their wardrobe in a special option named something like "modded clothes" that opens up another menu with more stuff. You don't need to buy anything, but you won't be able to access it until they let you manage their clothing.
I don't understand. I do have access to Rogue wardrobe (I cheated her stats to do so) but I don't have the option of the modded clothes. Did I've done it wrong?

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I don't understand. I do have access to Rogue wardrobe (I cheated her stats to do so) but I don't have the option of the modded clothes. Did I've done it wrong?
Maybe
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The image might vary depending on stuff, but I guess if it says X-panded, you have the mod properly installed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you see, the modded outfits is on top, so I don't know what might've gone wrong for you if you have the mod.
Perhaps try and download it again? Remember it's a standalone game so you don't need to place it in the vanilla version. Just to make sure, download that which says forever quarantine version. That's the game.

insertusernamere

Oct 18, 2022
I don't mean to sound like an idiot but how do you use the quarantine edition I installed it and put it in the expanded mod game files but nothing seems different.

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
I don't mean to sound like an idiot but how do you use the quarantine edition I installed it and put it in the expanded mod game files but nothing seems different.
It should be quite obvious...
1. When starting a game, Professor Xavier greets you wearing a medical mask, as does rogue & everyone else you'll meet unless you turn off the quarantine option.
2. When meeting Mystique, you'll get access to the Brotherhood region & then Mystique herself

As far as I know, these are all the changes in the quarantine version. It's a patch that was necessary to unlock Mystique's new sector, the Brotherhood, and hence have Mystique as a conquerable character in the game.

insertusernamere

Oct 18, 2022
Then I guess mine is the regular expanded mod version even though I have the quarantine version files in the folder. is there something I'm doing wrong

darkpoenplace

Aug 7, 2021
Then I guess mine is the regular expanded mod version even though I have the quarantine version files in the folder. is there something I'm doing wrong
Yeah, you misunderstood what you had to do. Fortunately, it is salvageable and quite easily.

That Patch_7_ folder shouldn't be there. That is the quarantine patch but you placed it wrong. So to fix this...
1. Move the Patch_7_ folder to somewhere else on your hard drive.
2. From that first screenshot you provided, go back one folder so you'll be in the Rogue-Like-0.984h-win folder. To make sure you are in the right place, you should see folders called 'game' 'lib' & 'renpy' as well as a few files. Keep that window open.
3. Going back to the Patch_7_ folder... open it and go inside. You should see a 'game' folder & nothing else. (Go inside the 'game' folder & make sure it contains a 'images' folder & the 'archive.rpa' file & nothing else. Then go back.)
4. Take that 'game' folder & drag it inside the window you kept open at step 2. You should be asked to overwrite some files. Click on YES & that should be it.
5. If everything worked, you can delete the Patch_7_ folder as it is now useless.

Reactions: Mangamingplus2
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes