Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
Oni did a complete rewrite of the game code in version .99 which meant that the modders would have to redo the entire mod.

So they decided to wait for Oni to settle down and finish rewriting the code and for it to be stable before they started working on the mod to adapt it to the new code. Unfortunately Oni never really finished rewriting the code so that it was stable and constantly changes it every version, and Oni has been milking his Patreon money by barely doing any work on the game for months on end.

So the modders are still waiting for Oni to stabilize the game code which probably isn't going to happen anytime.
Thank You for the response

sgtsnicker

Sep 2, 2017
Anyone know what happened to the discord? Can't see anything anymore in any channel. I have the Team Rogue and Student roles. Discord_E0PNNokgeC.png

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
maybe the mod finally died :(((
Not really, no.
The Discord got restructured from the ground up pretty recently, that would include visibility permissions given to users and as a result it can happen that something borked up along the lines for a handful of people. The discord is still just as active as it was prior though. If I were to hazard a guess, simply leaving and re-joining should fix the most blatant issues.

I heard the Expanded guys fell off a little bit due to irl and because this wasn't done for revenue so they had other stuff to do and now are in a forever waiting for someone to take the role of artist or programmer or something.
Those have always been the core issues at hand - the Expanded Crew is doing this in their free time and they still have real live obligations to follow first and foremost, yet parts of the community seem to expect these guys to do nothing but work on the mod 24/7. That is just unrealistic thinking here. Worry not though, this isn't exactly "dead" - there's still work being done on the mod, but it's simply taking time.
People also underestimate just how much work it actually is to mod this game specifically. This isn't as clear-cut as modding many other Ren'Py games and that has been shown time and time again, simply because the codebase is so wonky to begin with.
I assume this is also why the Expanded Crew is constantly looking for any extra set of hands on deck.

Reactions: leathermax

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Not really, no.
The Discord got restructured from the ground up pretty recently, that would include visibility permissions given to users and as a result it can happen that something borked up along the lines for a handful of people. The discord is still just as active as it was prior though. If I were to hazard a guess, simply leaving and re-joining should fix the most blatant issues.

Those have always been the core issues at hand - the Expanded Crew is doing this in their free time and they still have real live obligations to follow first and foremost, yet parts of the community seem to expect these guys to do nothing but work on the mod 24/7. That is just unrealistic thinking here. Worry not though, this isn't exactly "dead" - there's still work being done on the mod, but it's simply taking time.
People also underestimate just how much work it actually is to mod this game specifically. This isn't as clear-cut as modding many other Ren'Py games and that has been shown time and time again, simply because the codebase is so wonky to begin with.
I assume this is also why the Expanded Crew is constantly looking for any extra set of hands on deck.
Thanks for your answer. I asume you are related to the project or at least follow it's steps closely. Do you know where they are currently in the development? Tiny mod was released a year ago or so, and when it came out I thought they were getting closer to release an Expanded version for the most recent update, but nothing else came out since then.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for your answer. I asume you are related to the project or at least follow it's steps closely. Do you know where they are currently in the development? Tiny mod was released a year ago or so, and when it came out I thought they were getting closer to release an Expanded version for the most recent update, but nothing else came out since then.
Well, my relation is simply that I've been asked by pervy to keep an eye out on the Thread here, in order to answer the questions that pop up and occasionally relay information on developments from the mod over to here. This brings me nicely to that same relaying of information:
It had quieted down a bit - which is also why I haven't been showing up as often as I should've done - but things are seemingly picking up again. The git they use has seen quite a bit of movement but since I'm not part of any team and just here to deliver information, all I have is what basically amounts to an onlooker's perspective. I actually have to ask Pervy about that specifically and see where the team stands.

Now, onto that Tinymod you mentioned. TinyManhood was the one who decided to make a "minimalist port" of the Expanded Mod to the newest vanilla version available, and "minimalist" fits the bill nicely, as it had features missing that were existing in prior versions of the Expanded Mod, but it had a nice expansion on clothing pieces to deliver. If memory serves right, the initial idea behind it was to expand on that small port and keep that updated, while in the meantime the guys actively doing work on the big thing can concentrate on that more or less exclusively. I think Tiny was however getting quite busy with real life instead and that idea had to then again be dropped - real life obligations seems to be the big bundle of issues when it comes to modding this game apparently, as has been seen with other projects being picked up and then dropped.

Reactions: leathermax

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Well, my relation is simply that I've been asked by pervy to keep an eye out on the Thread here, in order to answer the questions that pop up and occasionally relay information on developments from the mod over to here. This brings me nicely to that same relaying of information:
It had quieted down a bit - which is also why I haven't been showing up as often as I should've done - but things are seemingly picking up again. The git they use has seen quite a bit of movement but since I'm not part of any team and just here to deliver information, all I have is what basically amounts to an onlooker's perspective. I actually have to ask Pervy about that specifically and see where the team stands.

Now, onto that Tinymod you mentioned. TinyManhood was the one who decided to make a "minimalist port" of the Expanded Mod to the newest vanilla version available, and "minimalist" fits the bill nicely, as it had features missing that were existing in prior versions of the Expanded Mod, but it had a nice expansion on clothing pieces to deliver. If memory serves right, the initial idea behind it was to expand on that small port and keep that updated, while in the meantime the guys actively doing work on the big thing can concentrate on that more or less exclusively. I think Tiny was however getting quite busy with real life instead and that idea had to then again be dropped - real life obligations seems to be the big bundle of issues when it comes to modding this game apparently, as has been seen with other projects being picked up and then dropped.
Thanks again. It really seems it's tough for the guys with issues popping up every now and then. But I'm really glad they picked it up again, I hope this time they can finish it and deliver. Because I admit that I still play more often the Expanded version than the current vanilla, but the sheer amount of girls and little things is starting to take an advantage on the older but more fleshed out mod. Keep us updated, mate! (y)

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I'm pretty new to this mod but, how far along is this mod to the main game? Are all girls in this mod?
It's more than two years outdated. You only have up to Laura, and the girls don't have some of the poses that were added lated on, like the Laura's footjob. However, everyone, and especially Rogue, have more clothing options, Rogue, Kitty and Laura can actually tan and have tanlines at the pool (although Laura's tan gives crashes, so I can't recomend it) and girls can send you nudes. It's also got cheats with draggable bars and stuff. There is also Mystique, too, but her design isn't as good as everyone else's. There is no mall and no Halloween event either.

pdout

Jan 13, 2019
Is their any way to change location of save directory? I want to separate save from original game and modded version.

Zekkentet

Nov 5, 2020
Is their any way to change location of save directory? I want to separate save from original game and modded version.
Bruh... why don't you just backup the save files in a seperate folder? or if you don't want to backup the save files download two rogue like and apply the patch to other since its not even one 1gb I'm pretty sure you can manage that.

• Angry
Reactions: primavera9925

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
Copy /game/archive.rpa to a different folder outside the game's and unpack with , in options.rpy edit:
CSS:
#########################################
    ## This is the name of the directory where the game's data is
    ## stored. (It needs to be set early, before any other init code
    ## is run, so the persistent information can be found by the init code.)
python early:
    config.save_directory = "Rogue-Like"
Place options.rpy in the /game/ folder.

Last edited:

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Hey, anybody knows the specifics to get girl start sending you pictures? I've always triggered it by kissing them and having their stats at some decent value, but I'd like to know what are the exact conditions to trigger them.

OmegaZXA

May 10, 2019
Hey, anybody knows the specifics to get girl start sending you pictures? I've always triggered it by kissing them and having their stats at some decent value, but I'd like to know what are the exact conditions to trigger them.
Is that even available in the current version? I know a lot of stuff has been temporarily removed until Oni finally finishes rearranging all the code, and I'm pretty sure the sexts are part of that.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Is that even available in the current version? I know a lot of stuff has been temporarily removed until Oni finally finishes rearranging all the code, and I'm pretty sure the sexts are part of that.
Maybe you haven't played this in a while XD. This modded version has the nude pics, the tanning for Rogue, Kitty and Laura (although Laura is kinda broken and she crashes the game very often when tanned) and a generous amount of clothes.

OmegaZXA

May 10, 2019
Maybe you haven't played this in a while XD. This modded version has the nude pics, the tanning for Rogue, Kitty and Laura (although Laura is kinda broken and she crashes the game very often when tanned) and a generous amount of clothes.
I have the version for 995c. Did they put all that back in since then? Because I haven't been able to access any of that since updating to 995c.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I have the version for 995c. Did they put all that back in since then? Because I haven't been able to access any of that since updating to 995c.
No, no, the Expanded version is compatible with a 984h version that you can download from this thread too along the mod.
Sorry, I understood something else, because as I heard a while ago, even earlier versions of the mod had more stuff they cut off because they had to do something with the code back then as well, or maybe because it was too low quality or something
But yeah, Expanded doesn't work with the current vanilla version.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes