Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

f951488

Aug 29, 2017
1 - Didn't understand
Well, when I look at it again, it's nowhere near "bug", just Oni didn't make feature good enough. But this is what mods are for right?
Let's for example look at Emma when we caught here masturbating in class. When you get your dick out she didn't react to it - that's right since she didn't aware of your presence. But in her dialogs she directly talking to you ("Well now we have another skill to develop, Mr. Zero" and such) which is wrong. Ofcourse you can think that she masturbating with you in mind but for me it's just Oni who didn't want to put much effort to it. I think that instead of that she (and every other girl) should just moan or not have dialog at all. If you want to make one more step then you might make it that girl indeed masturating with you in mind but only if there is high Love/Obedience.
2 - Didn't understand
I looked at it again and this bug is a little more specific.
Your stats shouldn't be high enough for Rogue to undress all the way - about less than 500 for example. Then you ask her to dance, she also starting to undress, you wait until she reached point to refuse. You tell her "It's ok, just keep dancing for a bit" and after that she agrees but immediately "It's getting late, we should stop now".
6 - Not really a bug I guess
It's a bug since action is halted. Even if Rogue can undress more she will not. And even if she can't undress more you can still tell her to keep dancing - but she will not since action is stopped.
You can tell that I still can repeat action since this will not be the case later in game so this is not a problem but it's a little irritating when you encounter this. Anyway I'm not here to tell you what to fix - I just tell what I encounter.
7 - Not really a bug I guess (you can cheat her actions on the backpack if you want)
That is the problem - she have all action point she need. She just refuse shift action telling me she is worn out while having full action points. It's happening only when it is about fix.

And for things that already fixed - thanks!

Oct 9, 2018
Can someone provide a screenshot of their Github version of the game so i can compare it to mine? Pretty sure i'm completely screwing this up

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
The files you see in the root of the GitHub version need to be placed in the game folder.

(n)NOT in the "/game/ " folder !!!
(y)YES in the root "/ " folder where the Rouge-Like.exe is located.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would GUESS any updates to images go to "/game/images/ " but that is only my guess at this point. I have tried replacing the modded menu background to test and it is working. I would guess for any girl related image folders to belong there as well (e.g. "/game/images/[some-folder-name]"). Maybe someone from the official modding team can confirm this?
Mmm...... Are u sure about that? The dev explanations points to: rogue....../game

Bbesides…. Captura de pantalla (11).png the game folder has the same archives/folders that github

the scripts says abbout 4 custom backgrounds 1 for each girl:
label _("Background")
textbutton _("Modded") action Preference("background choices", "modded1")
textbutton _("Modded Laura") action Preference("background choices", "modded_laura")
textbutton _("Modded Rogue") action Preference("background choices", "modded_rogue")
textbutton _("Modded Kitty") action Preference("background choices", "modded_kitty")
textbutton _("Modded Emma") action Preference("background choices", "modded_emma")
textbutton _("Original") action Preference("background choices", "original")
I think i tracked down the bug but not sure...

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
@Grigori_127 Fixed the GitHub startup bug!!! I couldnt fix Emma start menú saddly :( u just forgot to upload 00preferences.rpy :3

just put screens.rpy in your mainfolder/game (in my case: Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\game) and 00preferences.rpy in mainfolder/renpy/common (ej.: \Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\common)

P.S.: renpy just got the best of me with the tab error D:

Reactions: highlander00

highlander00

May 15, 2017
@Grigori_127 Fixed the GitHub startup bug!!! I couldnt fix Emma start menú saddly :( u just forgot to upload 00preferences.rpy :3

just put screens.rpy in your mainfolder/game (in my case: Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\game) and 00preferences.rpy in mainfolder/renpy/common (ej.: \Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\common)

P.S.: renpy just got the best of me with the tab error D:
Thanks for the heads up!!! If anyone who has updated his game with the github files and still has the start game bug, search for elif name == "background choices", and add this lines on your 00preferences.rpy file:
Code:
elif name == "background choices":

if value == "modded1":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded1")
                if value == "modded_laura":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_laura")
                if value == "modded_rogue":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_rogue")
                if value == "modded_kitty":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_kitty")
                if value == "modded_emma":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_emma")
                elif value == "original":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "original")
The file is located in mainfolder/renpy/common as kenshuck mentioned!
@kenshuck you having problem with Emma was probably because it was missing this code on your preferences file:
Code:
I've added those lines to your file and it worked just fine!

PS: If someone already downloaded the files in the post above I would suggest to "update" again then add the lines... Because it's missing a line of code on the screens.rpy, so that you won't be able to set Emma as the title background...

Reactions: kenshuck

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up!!! If anyone who has updated his game with the github files and still has the start game bug, search for elif name == "background choices", and add this lines on your 00preferences.rpy file:
Code:
elif name == "background choices":

if value == "modded1":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded1")
                if value == "modded_laura":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_laura")
                if value == "modded_rogue":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_rogue")
                if value == "modded_kitty":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "modded_kitty")
                elif value == "original":
                    return SetField(_preferences, "background_choices", "original")
The file is located in mainfolder/renpy/common as kenshuck mentioned!
@kenshuck you having problem with Emma was probably because it was missing this code on your preferences file:
Code:
I've added those lines to your file and it worked just fine!

PS: If someone already downloaded the files in the post above I would suggest to "update" again then add the lines... Because it's missing a line of code on the screens.rpy, so that you won't be able to set Emma as the title background...
Yeah. I deleted it cause it was giving me a bug even with the lines. Its better to upload the files, a lot of people dont know about notepad+ or could get into the tab error just like me when editing the files.

I just cut with the easy option, since I prefer just the original modded background, it was fiving me an error on line 520 dont know what caused it

Ps: just tried again and it didnt give me the error thats some weird shit, i think my pc just hates me u.u

PS2: updated files with emma background

highlander00

May 15, 2017
Yeah. I deleted it cause it was giving me a bug even with the lines. Its better to upload the files, a lot of people dont know about notepad+ or could get into the tab error just like me when editing the files.

I just cut with the easy option, since I prefer just the original modded background, it was fiving me an error on line 520 dont know what caused it

Ps: just tried again and it didnt give me the error thats some weird shit, i think my pc just hates me u.u
That's true. Here are the files if anyone want them. The screens.rpy goes into "Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\game" and the 00preferences.rpy goes into "\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\common".

Reactions: kenshuck

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
If you really read the posts, you should have seen a discussion of the bugs and images indicating that the latest author's version was included in version 0.978e.
However, you are right that it is difficult for a new user to understand this approach. This is a flaw in the authors of the topic, who still have not made a clear indication of updates. Version 0.978e has not changed since its inception, but changes are occurring but this is not reflected in the numbering.
Here I would like to ask the developers to give clear explanations in the topic header and without fail to indicate the date of the last update and which author's version corresponds to the mod.
You are not tired of repeating the same thing. I asked you to explain normally where to copy. I say again, I opened the update on the githab and found a bunch of folders there that are not in the game folder. I have once copied everything into the game folder. And she stopped working at all. I had to delete and download again. In addition, if you are already referring to the githabs put things in order too. During the search for a solution, I clicked on the link "Simply download the build for your OS here", and downloaded the version that turned out to be old.
If everything is so simple for you, let us write to you about the bugs as well as you explain about the updates. For example, I will write simply “I found a bug in your game,” “I found the second bug in your game,” and so on. And the question of exactly where and what I will answer "in the folder with the game."
If your approach is “we made a game”, and you yourself understand how to update it, then perhaps you yourself are able to find all the bugs and do everything as it should. Perhaps I will not take up your precious time anymore on specifying the bugs that you all know yourself, and even less I will not ask stupid questions about updating the game. Good luck in your development. Once again I don’t need to explain anything more about the game.
Okay, let me make a few things clear here.

0.978 is the game version the mod is build on. That's why it says "game version" and not "mod version" The mod doesn't have a version right now as it's all experimental.

I've already replied to you about the Github, so I don't understand why you keep going on about it. I know it can be confusing if you're not used to it, but don't blame us for your inability to use it. That's not fair. I will try editing it to make it simpler.

"If everything is so simple for you, let us write to you about the bugs as well as you explain about the updates. For example, I will write simply “I found a bug in your game,” “I found the second bug in your game,” and so on. And the question of exactly where and what I will answer "in the folder with the game."
If your approach is “we made a game”, and you yourself understand how to update it, then perhaps you yourself are able to find all the bugs and do everything as it should."

Why the hostility? Everything is far from simple for us. We didn't make a game, we're just maintaining a mod which was made by many different people, and we're doing our best. Not only that, but we're doing it with a game that has the core code change constantly (which is why the mod is build an running on just one version).
If you wanna quit helping development because you're butthurt overt not being able to figure out how to use Github, then that's fine with me. That's your choice. I just don't get it.
Like I said, I've already replied to you about it but you're still going on, and I don't understand why. If you have suggestions then you're welcome to voice them, but your constant passive-aggressive comments ain't helping anyone.
Besides, we just uploaded a new version. There's no need for you to download the Github version.

I'd suggest to change the OP's dates as well to prevent further confusion (It says the last update was on January)
Cheers for pointing that out! I totally forgot about it. It's been changed.

@Grigori_127 @Tinymanhood @highlander00 the original 00prefrences.rpy says that there is a modded2 background, but screens.rpy just have modded1 background, gramar error? or do we have another missing background?

Yeah… my pc hates me... im triple posting everithing u_u
Some things were added to Github after the latest build was updated. It will all be there with the next build.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017

PS2: updated files with emma background
That's true. Here are the files if anyone want them. The screens.rpy goes into "Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\game" and the 00preferences.rpy goes into "\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\common".
Please don't post loose files here (especially not if it's for the Github version) as it will only confuse people (talking from experience).

Lover0fArt

Aug 5, 2016
Can someone provide a screenshot of their Github version of the game so i can compare it to mine? Pretty sure i'm completely screwing this up
Mmm...... Are u sure about that?...
Well, I was sure until you posted. Reason being, I was getting an error otherwise and the error log said the game was trying to read double entries from the root directory that was empty, causing a lock-up on game start, so I moved everything over. It might have been just the one file. I figured I solved it by moving everything to root. Error was removed for me.

Tell you what. I'll delete my work-around since I'm not so sure it was the real solution.

I'll just wait for a proper release or way to roll-your-own .exe that one of the team hinted at a page or two back.

Sorry for any confusion.

highlander00

May 15, 2017
@Grigori_127 @Tinymanhood @highlander00 the original 00prefrences.rpy says that there is a modded2 background, but screens.rpy just have modded1 background, gramar error? or do we have another missing background?

Yeah… my pc hates me... im triple posting everithing u_u
For what I can tell, it was a background only for Laura, perhaps Grigori_127 added it as a test for the dynamic background... Seeing that it worked he changed the variable name to match the others...

Please don't post loose files here (especially not if it's for the Github version) as it will only confuse people (talking from experience).
No problem! It's just that I was having that same problem, and as kenshuck posted a solution I thought it was best to share them to prevent others from asking the same question again and again... But you're right, even when you simply share the game ready to play people get confused, imagine what it would do if we started to throw away files on this thread...
Thanks for all the work you're doing @Tinymanhood, @Grigori_127, and everyone else!!

Reactions: Tinymanhood

MrBlue36

Jun 17, 2017
I can't seem to find Laura after seeing her once in the danger room.
Also:
- does Emma get some bondage uniform?
- Threesome actions don't work? Gives out rollback error when trying with Emma and Kitty.
- Mystique and Rouge stockings don't stay on. But is that to not having the sprites?

Oh and when is the expected date for .982d?

Bl0g_ch3ck3r

Jul 11, 2018
Greetings yet again!
I've played on a fresh save with the latest build and I've encountered Laura in Danger room in 2nd or maybe 3rd day. Since that day (in game :p) I havn't encountered her yet again and its day 15 :p Is there any sort of a fix for this, also cant find a tab call/send SMS to Laura, but i can See the option to call to the rest of Girls, even those that I have not met like Mistique :p
In original 0.982 by Oni there was such a bug that made You impossible to encountered Laura the 2nd time, so maybe its almost the same bug? The project is great, cant wait to see some more updates about it.
Oh and thanks towards all authors and everyone that helped in building this mod!
Ps. As the OP said in change log that Laura had been added, but does She have something extra? Like Emma havn't got her sex animations but someone build them for her then maybe the same goes for Laura? :3
PPS. @MrBlue36 - Oni has released the 0.928d few days ago and 0.928e was released today. Not sure if You're talking about the Vanilla game or the mod based on that release (0.982d)

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes