Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Error I'm getting when starting the game after the new screens and 00preferences was added:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 5778, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_Shift_Focus_357'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\main.py", line 499, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 795, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpy", line 5778, in script
return
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1400, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "C:\Rogue-Like-0.978e-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 586, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_Shift_Focus_357'.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Why the hostility?
I saw your answer and it arranged for me. But why does another person write me spam again and again. How many times do I have to repeat? They wrote to me three times that I had to go into the game folder. Instead, you could make a patch or be silent.
I just wanted to help find bugs, which are still many. But if it is a problem for you to explain normally, or to make an available update, then this approach does not suit me.
I use other developers' githabs and make updates there that are clear to me. In your case, it is not.
The question arises if everything is so simple and only I am not able to update anything, why are you make links to mega? Let everyone go to the githab and download the game.
I do not like what I need to spend time on spam because of one question. And become a clown for developers due to bug reports that they fixed a long time ago on a github.

Reactions: Ahhjksio

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
I saw your answer and it arranged for me. But why does another person write me spam again and again. How many times do I have to repeat? They wrote to me three times that I had to go into the game folder. Instead, you could make a patch or be silent.
I just wanted to help find bugs, which are still many. But if it is a problem for you to explain normally, or to make an available update, then this approach does not suit me.
I use other developers' githabs and make updates there that are clear to me. In your case, it is not.
The question arises if everything is so simple and only I am not able to update anything, why are you make links to mega? Let everyone go to the githab and download the game.
I do not like what I need to spend time on spam because of one question. And become a clown for developers due to bug reports that they fixed a long time ago on a github.
"Instead, you could make a patch or be silent." - I don't understand that part.

"But if it is a problem for you to explain normally, or to make an available update, then this approach does not suit me." - No one is forcing you to use the Github build. You can find bugs in the normal build too, which is just as helpful.

"I do not like what I need to spend time on spam because of one question. And become a clown for developers due to bug reports that they fixed a long time ago on a github." - Then don't, it's really that simple.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't been able to do it even though you've been told how to 3 times. It's cool that you want to help find bugs. We appreciete that. But if using Github is too much of a hassle to you, then maybe it'd better better if you use the normal build. Atleast until I have the time to edit the Github Readme.
If you don't have the patience for that, that's totally cool too. Then this mod might not be for you.
In any case, it would be nice if you would stop constantly complaining about it and have a little patience. We all have school/work/families, and we're all doing this in our free time, so things might not go as fast as you'd want.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
No problem! It's just that I was having that same problem, and as kenshuck posted a solution I thought it was best to share them to prevent others from asking the same question again and again... But you're right, even when you simply share the game ready to play people get confused, imagine what it would do if we started to throw away files on this thread...
Thanks for all the work you're doing @Tinymanhood, @Grigori_127, and everyone else!!
Lmao yeah exactly, so better keep the confusion at a minimum.

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
Thanks for all the hard work you guys. It's awesome that you all came together to improve an already great game. Any way I can help out?

shiion1

Mar 1, 2017
Can any1 upload the github experimental image pack elsewhere? Downloading 1gb with mega is a *****
Also, thanks for the work on the mod btw, been playin this game for a while now..

Jan 28, 2018
Github Readme has been updated with new instructions on how to use the Github build.
So i did follow your instructions, but somehow i cant get it to work.
I downloaded Renpy, the mod and the image pack.
I unpacked Renpy, created a folder called "project" outside of the Renpy folder and set this folder as the project folder in the preferences of Renpy.
Then i unpacked the mod in the project folder, unpacked the image folder in the mod folder and started Renpy. But when i do, i do not see the mod under projects. Only the two projects "Tutorial" and "The Question". Does anybody have the same problem? Or does anyone see what i am doing wrong?

Oh and btw: thanks for writing this tutorial! its easy to follow and i dont think its the tutorials fault that i cant get it working, but i would be happy if someone could spot my mistake and help me out here.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for all the hard work you guys. It's awesome that you all came together to improve an already great game. Any way I can help out?
More help is always appreciated! Shoot me a private message

So i did follow your instructions, but somehow i cant get it to work.
I downloaded Renpy, the mod and the image pack.
I unpacked Renpy, created a folder called "project" outside of the Renpy folder and set this folder as the project folder in the preferences of Renpy.
Then i unpacked the mod in the project folder, unpacked the image folder in the mod folder and started Renpy. But when i do, i do not see the mod under projects. Only the two projects "Tutorial" and "The Question". Does anybody have the same problem? Or does anyone see what i am doing wrong?

Oh and btw: thanks for writing this tutorial! its easy to follow and i dont think its the tutorials fault that i cant get it working, but i would be happy if someone could spot my mistake and help me out here.
Hmm that's sounds weird. How did you unpack the game? The path needs to be "Projects\Rouge-Like-Expanded-master". If the game folders content gets unpacked directly into the projects folder it won''t work.

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
More help is always appreciated! Shoot me a private message

Hmm that's sounds weird. How did you unpack the game? The path needs to be "Projects\Rouge-Like-Expanded-master". If the game folders content gets unpacked directly into the projects folder it won''t work.
I have the EXACT same issue. Followed it 1:1 and now I still only see tutorial and the question. I even copied the exact folder name from you

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
I had a look and your instructions are indeed wrong.

Ren'Py expects a Projects/<Project-name>/game folder and you need to clone the git repo contents into this game folder.
I even confirmed it by letting ren'py generate a dummy test project and it creates a test/game folder which contains all the .rpy files and has an images sub-folder

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
I had a look and your instructions are indeed wrong.

Ren'Py expects a Projects/<Project-name>/game folder and you need to clone the git repo contents into this game folder.
I even confirmed it by letting ren'py generate a dummy test project and it creates a test/game folder which contains all the .rpy files and has an images sub-folder
The instructions aren't wrong. It's specified that the path needs to be "Projects\Rouge-Like-Expanded-master".

Edit: I've had a look at it and found the problem. When downloading the master build the folder structure doesn't fit the instructions. I'll edit the instructions. Thanks for pointing it out!

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes