Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes
Jan 28, 2018
No world war from my side, i was just confused that i could not get the game to work.

Alright, so thanks for the help, i really appreciate it. Now my Renpy finds the project, BUT when i click "launch project" it takes 15 seconds to do anything, and then i get this error message:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Did i click the launch project button wrong or something?
This is my folder structur: \Projects\Rogue-Like-Github\game
Just to give all details: In the game folder i also added a "images" folder and in the image folder there are the folders EmmaBJFace, EmmaBJFaceONI and all the others.

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
The instructions aren't wrong. It's specified that the path needs to be "Projects\Rouge-Like-Expanded-master".

Edit: I've had a look at it and found the problem. When downloading the master build the folder structure doesn't fit the instructions. I'll edit the instructions. Thanks for pointing it out!
That did it, but now I'm getting an error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
just dont use the github version. Lets just stop wasting devs time with it. And if the devs wants people to test that version, maybe its better to just put the entire game on github, cause now its unplayable without the preferences files

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
How to install it correctly?
Everything in the github go into the folder game
All these files on Rouge-Like-Expanded master go inside folder game
Yeah, I found the problem. I was thinking that the "game" folder was inside "Rouge-Like-Expanded-master", but it's not.
I hope now understand why I asked to explain normally how to update the game through the githab. This "simplest" from the words of the developers action in fact does not look so simple
If anyone is having issues with the Github build, I suggest taking some time to learn how Ren'Py works. I cannot make the instructions any simpler.
If just need to start to learn the engine to play the game, then you need to do the following steps. To completely simplify the task, make instructions on how to fix bugs on your own. Then, instructions on how to add new content and characters. And after a while, ordinary users themselves will start making games.
But seriously, the user does not have to solve puzzles how to install the game. Everything should be extremely simple and straightforward. 1.Download 2 Unzip 3 Play
Instead of creating installation instructions and many additional posts on the same topic, it is easier to release patches or update the main link.

Reactions: Ahhjksio
Jan 28, 2018
Yeah now it works. Thanks.
You might want to change instruction number 10 a little bit maybe.
10. Create a folder "common" inside Rogue-Like-Github\game\renpy. Then download this file and extract into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy\common"and also into "Rogue-Like-Github\game\renpy\common".

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Yeah now it works. Thanks.
You might want to change instruction number 10 a little bit maybe.
10. Create a folder "common" inside Rogue-Like-Github\game\renpy. Then download this file and extract into "renpy-6.99.13-sdk\renpy\common"and also into "Rogue-Like-Github\game\renpy\common".
Already did, but thanks!

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Let me guess github version? @Tinymanhood isnt better to just xplain that the files needs to replace the files that are in this version? People will keep getting errors with the current metod
There's files and folders that isn't on Github, so it would pretty much be the same procedure. Right now there's a lot of changes going on, and I'd suggest anyone who's having issues using the Github build to just play the normal build instead. Atleast for now.

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
There's files and folders that isn't on Github, so it would pretty much be the same procedure. Right now there's a lot of changes going on, and I'd suggest anyone who's having issues using the Github build to just play the normal build instead. Atleast for now.
thats what im saying, download the "normal" versión from here, and replace with the archives on GitHub, that's what I do, and i dont have any problem, beyond the startup one that's already fixed, or just delete the GitHub link in OP

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
thats what im saying, download the "normal" versión from here, and replace with the archives on GitHub, that's what I do, and i dont have any problem, beyond the startup one that's already fixed, or just delete the GitHub link in OP
Github will undergo some changes in the near future, but until then it'll stay like it is. Those who knows how to use it are welcome to do so, but I would not recommend it otherwise.
I would not recommend just overwriting the normal build either, as there's changes going on outside of the "game" folder, and with the folder/file structure in general.

Reactions: waldo1

aswindler6

Jun 3, 2018
tried to use the GitHub instructions on my Android phone but it doesn't seem to work. So I will have to wait till you and your team update the mega link again. So again thank you

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes