Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Karasu-sama

Feb 12, 2018
I seem to be confused about something. I'm not sure how to download the mod as opposed to the expansion. I DL'ed the All-In-One and that still has Mystique, so I assume that's the Expanded version? How do I get to the Mod? It feels like I should understand this already, I'm sorry.

Zatrian

Sep 5, 2018
Lastly, the Mod no longer contains Mystique. Mystique will continue to be part of Expanded. That will please some and upset others but, has been done to simplify code and remove a huge source of bugs (Mystique broke completely code wise as of 0.983).
I'm sorry, but... What r u talking about? I mean isn't THIS mod called Expanded? Or there is some expanded Expanded mod? Or?..

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
ok so, is .978 + mod better than the .983 unmodded game or the opposite? It doesn't look like the updated mod is gonna come out soon, the news were a bit vague

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
They're going to release a basic mod for now that includes cheats and the such. The Expanded content will be released later with Mystique.
This is absolutely correct. We had to take a step back and look at where what you know as the mod was at. And where it was at was stuck on a version and not moving forward. Expanded just isn't sustainable with everything it was trying to be, a mod, an expansion, a complete overhaul; something had to change.

What has changed is that there will now be a mod, and something of a standalone called Expanded.

The mod will contain the cheats menu and bar, any outfits that work with Oni's current cast, four (4) extra save spots for outfits, and any extras that we get working in a sustainable manner. It will only contain things that can be quickly updated to the base game. And it will be released when we have it working as a sustainable mod. I am working tonight to merge the code down. When the mod is done for 0.983, we will also release the github repo for tracking and bug reports.

Rogue-Like Expanded will now be more akin to either a DLC or a full-on overhaul. I'm sorry but, I have no news for you right now as to what Expanded will cover. Mod first, then we will transition back to coding on Expanded. All I can promise is a better Mystique a lot more options for everything.

I'll try to keep up more on here for y'all until MK78 or Tinymanhood can regularly post.

Jan 11, 2018
You do understand, that if you keep working on the old version, it means having more work in the future to pass it on the future stable version of the game? Much better time consuming wise is to start working on his newest version as soon as possible. Keep in mind, that you wanted to do that before, but decided to wait for mor stable version "because oni made major changes to his code" (sounds familiar?).
As for now, working on old outdated version seems absolutely pointless to me...

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
You do understand, that if you keep working on the old version, it means having more work in the future to pass it on the future stable version of the game? Much better time consuming wise is to start working on his newest version as soon as possible. Keep in mind, that you wanted to do that before, but decided to wait for mor stable version "because oni made major changes to his code" (sounds familiar?).
As for now, working on old outdated version seems absolutely pointless to me...
Much like other development, we did choose a stable spot: 0.978e

Just updating the mod from it's 0.978e point to 0.983c has entailed thousands of edits. No, Expanded makes more sense as a standalone where we can be more flexible about how we approach the code, and we certainly have been.

Reactions: Happy Potter

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
I guess what I'm trying to ask is what exactly the other stuff is?
Yeah... We're holding that pretty close to our chest because it might be too awesome. Specially for folks who like some of the mechanics seen in [Redacted] and [Redacted]. Oh and [Redacted] from [Redacted]. Serious stuff.

So what would be the major features of the expanded mod that would go beyond the likes of the basic mod? Would it just be stuff like Mystique or are there other significant expanded features that aren't simple enough to put into the basic mod?
See above. Though, I would maybe expect some Mystique changes.

Ah so the basic mod will contain most if not all of the features that the current mod allready has? I was mostly wondering if there any added features we've already gotten used to in the current version of the mod that would need to be stripped out of the basic mod version to simplify things for updating.
You are correct, we are releasing a stripped down version as a mod to simplify updating! We'll get the mod out soonish we hope. As for Expanded, look for news on that from MK78 or Tinymanhood in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: hooviescoop

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Just a quick update:

Looks like the cheats portion of the mod has been updated to 0.983c along with some of the extra poses thanks to Grigori_127.

Clothing set expansion + mod clothes have also been redone and added for all base characters.

Lastly, the Mod no longer contains Mystique. Mystique will continue to be part of Expanded. That will please some and upset others but, has been done to simplify code and remove a huge source of bugs (Mystique broke completely code wise as of 0.983).
Has this new version of the mod been posted somewhere yet?

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
Is there a console command or something that can force end a scene? I get stuck in an infinite loop after a date with Laura where she keeps saying she has to go endlessly. I'm using the download from this thread so I don't know if it's already been fixed in the experimental build or not.

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Is there a console command or something that can force end a scene? I get stuck in an infinite loop after a date with Laura where she keeps saying she has to go endlessly. I'm using the download from this thread so I don't know if it's already been fixed in the experimental build or not.
The download in this thread does not work with 0.983 yet. We'll post when its updated.

Has this new version of the mod been posted somewhere yet?
Not yet, Im out for the night and will do more in the morning.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes