Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution - Prime Mod

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If it's not the Prime's mod then Prime didn't have to say anything and if it was then he could of been less blunt regarding the response. I get being annoyed with people who want everything packaged in a nice little bow, I cut contact with a dude who bitched about stuff on F95 not being like that all the time (wasn't just F95 stuff either), that was just 0-60 for no reason. It's a free project sure, if that's how he wants to act, good riddance, there are plenty of fish in the sea and there other mods and modders out there and games tbh, this one hasn't really chanaged since 2016 when I found it other than adding new girls in so moved on.

JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
If it's not the Prime's mod then Prime didn't have to say anything and if it was then he could of been less blunt regarding the response. I get being annoyed with people who want everything packaged in a nice little bow, I cut contact with a dude who bitched about stuff on F95 not being like that all the time (wasn't just F95 stuff either), that was just 0-60 for no reason. It's a free project sure, if that's how he wants to act, good riddance, there are plenty of fish in the sea and there other mods and modders out there and games tbh, this one hasn't really chanaged since 2016 when I found it other than adding new girls in so moved on.
It sounds like you had no investment in the base game or the mod. You are entitled to your opinion, and I can live with knowing it is an uninformed one. You do not know the progression of events. We can leave it at that.

ukthrowaway69

Jun 17, 2020
He is still the jurisdiction of the thread, you have to remember that this guy has a history of wanting gift-wrapped solutions to easy problems, essentially spamming the thread which itself is annoying, but when you're an active support for the mod of the thread, makes the spamming more annoying. It wasn't a 0-60 thing since the guy has had a history of being a nuisance for a while. He was unprofessional to say it like that but I would be lying if I didn't say everyone has a limit to wilful ignorance.

As for the latter part, I'm not sure what your end-goal is for modders, they provide free content and in Prime's case, on-going support for the mod, and only want the respect of literally just reading the initial post where they explain everything. If being willingly ignorant and demanding isn't deterred but responding (albeit in a blunt way) makes them lose their control of the thread, it makes modder-support a lose-lose situation and not worth helping people, which is ultimately worsening the community just to protect those who aren't even willing to do the bare minimum to participate.

Ultimately it's a case of the hand that feeds (as in modders providing content), and punishing them for complaining about those who want to be spoon-fed while receiving free food, will just stop them from feeding (go somewhere else, like Prime now working off Discord)

Wreenson

Jun 20, 2022
I've tried this link, the one on the Expanded mod page, and another 1-2 from the forums but every time it says the link "has expired or is invalid".
Is there currently an issue with the Rogue-Like Modding discord?

Axle Jones

Aug 30, 2019
I've tried this link, the one on the Expanded mod page, and another 1-2 from the forums but every time it says the link "has expired or is invalid".
Is there currently an issue with the Rogue-Like Modding discord?
nope, maybe you're banned from the server?

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
I've seen someone have a similar problem with the Witch Trainer Silver Discord. Maybe try contacting the Expanded Mod dev on this site, that seemed to work for the other poster.

Reactions: Wreenson

Wreenson

Jun 20, 2022
I've seen someone have a similar problem with the Witch Trainer Silver Discord. Maybe try contacting the Expanded Mod dev on this site, that seemed to work for the other poster.
I'm new to actually talking on this site, I can't see an option to DM them. Do I have to post on their profile?

Phenix0800

May 15, 2018
I'm new to actually talking on this site, I can't see an option to DM them. Do I have to post on their profile?
Despite having an account here for 5 years now, I don't have a clue myself. That other poster was lucky to have one of the WTS devs actively posting in the thread. Maybe someone else can show you how. But if you don't mind posting your Discord handle here, I don't mind asking the guys in the Discord what they can do to help

EDIT: Already notified the server. I asked them who you might be able to reach to work this out so you don't have to post your Discord here. I'll keep you updated

EDIT2: Pervy Rogue from the Expanded thread still runs the Discord. You should be able to DM him by clicking on his name in the OP of the Expanded thread and then click "start a conversation"

Last edited:

Wreenson

Jun 20, 2022
Tried using my desktop rather than my phone and I got the "unable to accept invite" issue.
Logging out did not solve it.
Ima give up for now. Thanks all for trying to help though.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Tried using my desktop rather than my phone and I got the "unable to accept invite" issue.
Logging out did not solve it.
Ima give up for now. Thanks all for trying to help though.
I'm getting the same message and I've never been on the server.

Try this invite, it's what Prime has in his 1.2a version he just released on the discord:

Reactions: leathermax
4.80 star(s) 18 Votes