RadicalIon

Nov 9, 2017
Dont know why Oni removed that, anyway...
Apparently it confused him when he was trying to make switch-talking with 2 girls at once (A commendable effort in it's own right) when all 3 were in the same scene, so he capped it, "until I figure out the more organic talk system for 2, then I'll move onto 3 and probably look into making it easily expandable for """"future"""" additions"
I'm paraphrasing but it's somewhere on his Patreon's discussions.

EDIT: I would also strongly suggest you try to avoid planning major redesigns of his craptastic systems, drawing on my experience with the Pregmodders of FreeCeties on 8ch - it's just way too much headache to get it properly written, and while Oni's around (FCDev actually got a dev job at an IT firm, so FC was dead when they decided to entirely revamp the functions code in JS)

Shanks_Aka

Modder
Dec 3, 2017
@Shanks_Aka

Can i mod my game that modded with your mod?
-or-
Do i need to keep a vanilla copy of the game, mod it with your mod and transfer saves from previously modded one?

When i do the second one, one of my lastest save didn't open and because it stated as

THIS MOD IS SUPPOSED TO GO ON TOP OF 0.978E VANILLA GAME

i'm not sure about the first statement.

Thank you...
Im not sure I understood the question, but if you're asking if you can place the latest mod I shared on top of a game that has been modded by another version of my mod, yes you can, but id suggest you make a backup before adding the new mod just in case something breaks

Apparently it confused him when he was trying to make switch-talking with 2 girls at once (A commendable effort in it's own right) when all 3 were in the same scene, so he capped it, "until I figure out the more organic talk system for 2, then I'll move onto 3 and probably look into making it easily expandable for """"future"""" additions"
I'm paraphrasing but it's somewhere on his Patreon's discussions.

EDIT: I would also strongly suggest you try to avoid planning major redesigns of his craptastic systems, drawing on my experience with the Pregmodders of FreeCeties on 8ch - it's just way too much headache to get it properly written, and while Oni's around (FCDev actually got a dev job at an IT firm, so FC was dead when they decided to entirely revamp the functions code in JS)
Weird, it should be fairly easy to make swith-talking possible
Yeah, I also think that doing major redesigns would be crazy, unless it was decided to go standalone

Reactions: kurtcuk07

Olive_Drab

Jun 6, 2017
Okay, this started out as a "new positions test" but here we go:
Rogue_TJ-Binder_Test.jpg
Bondage Jacket for Rogue (special event for titjob) it also has three replacement breast layers that I modified slightly to keep "clipping" down. I'll make a version for BJ and DS, but I was hoping it could get a test run in the mod pack to see how it looks and works before I continue with some more ambitious projects.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Yeah, I also think that doing major redesigns would be crazy, unless it was decided to go standalone
With more characters planned on being added it's pretty much asking for backlash or headaches. which was why I was kind of alarmed you got Emma working the way you did because you know you'll just end up having to rip that out come next major update right?

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
With more characters planned on being added it's pretty much asking for backlash or headaches. which was why I was kind of alarmed you got Emma working the way you did because you know you'll just end up having to rip that out come next major update right?
Not necessarily. Unless Oni completely re-writes the game, most of the stuff should be easy enough to apply again.

RadicalIon

Nov 9, 2017
Not necessarily. Unless Oni completely re-writes the game, most of the stuff should be easy enough to apply again.
Oni IS completely rewriting how characters are handled currently for the next game update, exactly to accommodate future characters and more cross-character interactivity. It's been a big thing on his Pat.

On an unrelated note, I'm entirely prepared to PayPal someone $20, if they're willing to dig through all the scripts for a comprehensive .txt file of when (at what stats levels, which stats, specific events passed, etc) all the characters and their events (eg, for Rogue, I denied her being my gf, ruined her love, maxed obi and exib, and she just forced me to be her dom/master after I turned her down twice later on; I tried the same with Kitty and I get no events at all after turning her down for gf the first time) are triggered/achieved.

EDIT: That's a really big pet-peeve of mine with amateur/clunky programming. A lot of the time due to the hacked-together inner workings, it ends up being a lot more organic and random per-playthrough than stuff specifically designed to feel that way, with the HUGE drawback you can't really plan anything in advance.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Oni IS completely rewriting how characters are handled currently for the next game update, exactly to accommodate future characters and more cross-character interactivity. It's been a big thing on his Pat.
Yeah but it still shouldn't be too difficult. The way I see it, he can't possibly make it any more complicated than it is now lol

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Yeah but it still shouldn't be too difficult. The way I see it, he can't possibly make it any more complicated than it is now lol
wanna bet? you can incorporate C# into python so... he can make it a lot more complicated if he knew what he was doing.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, with any luck, with the next update it won't be needed, because those elements will be in there without the mod. Most of that was just to get us through until it works normally anyway... It's only a given to remove a redundant mod, right?

Reactions: Tinymanhood

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
wanna bet? you can incorporate C# into python so... he can make it a lot more complicated if he knew what he was doing.
I don't mind C#, but that's not really what I meant. I was just joking about the current code. Some of it could have been simplified.

Shanks_Aka

Modder
Dec 3, 2017
Okay, this started out as a "new positions test" but here we go:
View attachment 94020
Bondage Jacket for Rogue (special event for titjob) it also has three replacement breast layers that I modified slightly to keep "clipping" down. I'll make a version for BJ and DS, but I was hoping it could get a test run in the mod pack to see how it looks and works before I continue with some more ambitious projects.
There you go (still need work on the dialogs, most of the time it says shes using her hands for something)

- Everything from before
- Rogue bondage clothes

rogue bondage.png

EXTRACT IT ON THE GAME FOLDER

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I don't mind C#, but that's not really what I meant. I was just joking about the current code. Some of it could have been simplified.
true it ultimately depends on the coder, I know some who will purposely make things more difficult spite pirates and people diving into the code so ultimately it's up to him, I think he's trying to simplify and clean up his code in his own weird way but I feel that the more you do with characters outside of cosmetics in mods the more work will be created as divergent development paths with start to form between the game and the mods. You'll often see a game with active development end up with mods that are 2-3 versions behind because entire lengths of code will need to be rewritten.

RadicalIon

Nov 9, 2017
You'll often see a game with active development end up with mods that are 2-3 versions behind because entire lengths of code will need to be rewritten.
This
And what I mean is that Oni is basically Akabur with a better work ethic (which is lmao in itself, but at points Akabur got over $150k a month for an update every 9). Divergence aside, he's an artist, he makes comics as a main thing, hence why RL isn't moving as fast as his art(worth checking out, btw, the gameart doesn't do it justice), his code is literally hammered until it works and never looked again if he doesn't get an idea or an itch to optimize it. Which means that no system is optimized for the other systems and that leads to really random variables affecting you. Most prominent is the variation between event triggers (Sometimes it's just 1 day, sometimes you wait 7 between two sequential events. (Asking to be gf/slave/etc), but also how the stats themselves progress you, since he used to write them in a very weird table-way with varying filler events for subjective value-combinations, and the big ones and variations (rogue-touching most prominently, I think with around 7-8 total for the entire thing.) Ironically, I think the random filler ones are far better than the progression ones, since you can tell they were purely his brainchild and it works.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not sure what caused this, but I just noticed that Kitty (at least while Emma was in the room), was unable to perform a tit-job, when that used to be an option, I thought... or am I misremembering?

While 'willing to join', Emma said Kitty's BJ was inappropriate.

Also as a side note, when I finished with Emma, she redressed, into her normal outfit, not the one she was wearing, but then I am sure the others do that too, so I am pretty sure that is in the base game.

Shanks_Aka

Modder
Dec 3, 2017
Not sure what caused this, but I just noticed that Kitty (at least while Emma was in the room), was unable to perform a tit-job, when that used to be an option, I thought... or am I misremembering?

Also as a side note, when I finished with Emma, she redressed, into her normal outfit, not the one she was wearing, but then I am sure the others do that too, so I am pretty sure that is in the base game.
Kitty never had a titjob scene
and about redressing, all the girls do that

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017

the outfit thing is a simple fix schedule the outfit you want to see them in for that day, that way they'll get back into it.

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
There you go (still need work on the dialogs, most of the time it says shes using her hands for something)

- Everything from before
- Rogue bondage clothes

View attachment 94098

EXTRACT IT ON THE GAME FOLDER

Now if only we could get Rogue to where that in public...with a leash

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
So I'm trying my hand at modding.... I edited this cropped shirt a bit in trying to get some shading right. Rogue_chest_tankshort_slut.png

Now this is my idea list:
-Make Rogue's mesh top sluttier
-Collars for Rogue/Kitty/Emma
-Kitty nightie
-Sluttier dress for Kitty
-Swimsuit edits
-New front page
-Bikini tan lines for kitty

I did make this awful disgusting terrible swimsuit edit a while back. Hoping to hear suggestions from the community and tips would be helpful too. I'm using Photoshop.

Rogue_Swimsuit2.png

Reactions: Shanks_Aka
4.40 star(s) 147 Votes