Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Yeah you are right. Patreon is a way to earn money by doing very little work, this is not okay.
Where did you see a very little job? Only those who do not know what the creation of art and the creation of a game can write this way. In the new version, the relationship system was redone, but many complainers in this topic will not even be able to see everything, because they use cheats and other things.
In addition, everyone who constantly complained continues to wait for the new version, continues to complain and again wait for the new version to complain again.
It turns out that some people in this topic are masochists who practically do not like everything, but they continue to torment themselves further...

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Yeah you are right. Patreon is a way to earn money by doing very little work, this is not okay.
I disagree. Without Patreon (or similar sites) many developers would have zero incentive to produce games.
They would have to produce at least a beta to be able to go into early access where people only pay once, so you have to convince them with enough content and playtime that yours is the game they want to invest 10-40$ into. And that means investing your own ressources (time, money (e.g. paying other people for art), etc.) without knowing what the financial result will be. I'm not saying there aren't developers that have gone that way. But with Patreon it is much easier for them to start making a game, gain interest, get people to start giving them money and let them finance the development on the way.
Why do you think the whole adult game scene exploded after Patreon took off (especially the DAZ 3D renders in Renpy/RPGMaker games)? There weren't that many non-Japanese adult games to be played before.
Is this system 100% effective? Of course not. You are absolutely right that some developers do little work because finishing a game could mean people would stop paying if there is nothing new lined up.
But just imagine what is more likely if Oni or any other creator lost all or most of their funding: They invest what little free time they have (after their full time job to pay the bills) into finishing the game with all the content people want and all those top notch graphics and animations etc. in a reasonable timeframe. Or they just stop.

Since everybody is free to do with their money what they want I say let people give Oni their money and production on the game continues. If I don't like the game or the speed in which it is produced I can leave it alone. No one forces me to play it. There are many more games to be played. Thanks to the model Patreon uses.

Last edited:

penusbatt

Oct 9, 2016
Yup, apparently Oni fucked something up royally. I'm just going to dump the links here because there's probably going to be another build in the next few hours.

0.990h
Windows
Mac
Linux
Thanks but the 0.990h Windows download seems to actually be 0.990g (at least according to error exception) 乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
a bug, I'm not sure if it's a "bug" I noticed is in the hand holding / head pat. Hand holding seems to be +2 love +2 dom, and head pat seems to give nothing. I would think holding hands should do +love in incriments and head pats +dom in incriments, also these should not really run out of ability to gain points from

Jul 8, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script Functions.rpy", line 5353, in <module>
NameError: name 'Chr' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 140, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 243, in script call
File "script Scenes.rpyc", line 924, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 1648, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 372, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 2985, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 295, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 883, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 426, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 574, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 883, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 702, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 2985, in script call
File "script Locations.rpyc", line 1115, in script call
File "script Chat.rpyc", line 88, in script call
File "script Chat.rpyc", line 200, in script call
File "Laura_Sex.rpyc", line 8, in script call
File "script Functions.rpyc", line 5353, in script
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1334, in execute
label = renpy.python.py_eval(label)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\Rogue-Like-0.990e-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script Functions.rpy", line 5353, in <module>
NameError: name 'Chr' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue-Like 0.990e

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
I don't have any problems with the bugfix editions because he's clearly releasing them as he's going, and it shows he's on top of the bug reporting. Other game creators just wait a week or longer and put out a single bugfix, maybe two, after the fact. It's the same process, he's just more forthcoming about how he's going about it and putting out the iterations. People aren't used to seeing how the sausage gets made, so it seems more haphazard, but I think it's really the smarter way to work. Admittedly, to some people it does make it SEEM like he thinks he gets paid by the bug, which is probably why other game creators don't do it like that.

Oct 9, 2018
People need to stop complaining about the game. You aren't paying for it and the people who are are doing so because they want to. He started this out as a hobby and never expected it to get so big (heh) and is learning how to to this as he goes. Updates are frequent and bugs are removed, which many other creators wouldn't even do. I would much rather have a playable game with a decent amount of content than an unplayable mess with loads of content, so just stop.

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
People need to stop complaining about the game. You aren't paying for it and the people who are are doing so because they want to. He started this out as a hobby and never expected it to get so big (heh) and is learning how to to this as he goes. Updates are frequent and bugs are removed, which many other creators wouldn't even do. I would much rather have a playable game with a decent amount of content than an unplayable mess with loads of content, so just stop.
you dont get to tell others how they feel about a project they like, they feel the way they do for a reason and thats valid, if they feel hes milking it, then thats totally fine, they waited 4 months for nothing but new code that broke the game and a million ensuing bug fixes, wild to know you waited 1/3 of a year, about 120 days expecting SOMETHING, and got nothing, I hate people like you. Be a shill somewhere else, and stop trying to tell others how they should feel

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
you dont get to tell others how they feel about a project they like, they feel the way they do for a reason and thats valid, if they feel hes milking it, then thats totally fine, they waited 4 months for nothing but new code that broke the game and a million ensuing bug fixes, wild to know you waited 1/3 of a year, about 120 days expecting SOMETHING, and got nothing, I hate people like you. Be a shill somewhere else, and stop trying to tell others how they should feel
That is, those who paid nothing have the right to complain about the author. And those who just want to discuss the game, can not afford to express their opinion? Why in the subject of the game, people who themselves have not done anything should discuss how others should work and how others should spend their money?
If a person has not paid for something, he cannot complain about it. You come to the store and buy what you want. In this topic, people consider themselves entitled to come to the store and tell others what they should buy. And also take from the store what you do not need and complain about it. (It’s the same as a vegetarian who eats meat and starts complaining about those from whom he took this meat.)

If the game or the author does not suit you, find another game and author. No one forces anyone to play this game here.
What do these complaints give? People who pay and the author himself is not in this thread. Pirates complain to the pirates. With the same success, you can complain in the mirror, the result will be the same.
In addition to spam and incitement to negative, these complaints do not bring anything. Given that the same complaints sometimes come from the same users on each release of the game, nothing new is also contained in these complaints.
The topic should discuss the game and not personal complaints. If someone wants to complain, let him go where his complaint reaches the addressee.
Let's close this topic and not update it, then all complainants will not suffer from expectations. Only those who want to pay for the game will receive the game.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes