• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
It's that time again. I'll post an update every couple of days or so until we get closer to the deadline.
14 Days Remaining.png
I've also asked if he'll be doing a second round of voting like he did with the previous polls, and I'll be sure to post an update to that question if someone else hasn't beaten me to doing so.

Edit: That was quick. Winner takes all style poll, barring shenanigans. No idea what he means by that, but we'll see. I wonder if people who voted and clearly aren't getting their vote in will decide to change their votes at the last minute between whoever is in first and second?

Brigma

Jan 25, 2018
Tits are too big for Jubilee. Also I think in the comics cannon, she was a legit D student. She had some disorder where she can't do math and wasn't really that great in other subjects anyway. I think that is a plot point in Xmen and gen x, about how she feels inferior to the new mutants and other gen x members when it comes to academics, whereas all the new mutants got Bs or higher in everything.
From the Marvel Database:
Jubilee suffers from Dyscalculia; a learning disability that causes severe difficulty in making arithmetical calculations. Given her status as an academic underachiever, this assessment can probably be assumed to have some degree of accuracy.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Rather than hyping up new girls, he should finish what he already has. It's honestly frustrating for example that Kitty (one of the first characters added) is still missing a ton of key art, same for the other girls, they're all missing one or two poses here and there. The sunbathe option still does not give the girls a tan, they all have disproportionate amounts of subjects to talk about (Jean being the biggest offender here). I can go on... But those are the main things.

Don't get me wrong, Oni has something really great here but, moving onto new things rather than finishing what you already have is only gonna steer the game in the same direction as countless other patreon failures. And that makes me sad :(

Feb 28, 2018
Fact of the matter is Renpy is a shit engine for this. He'd be better off spending a month to rebuild the game in Unity using a commercial dialogue asset. Renpy is intuitive, but it snowballs out of control the moment you have any sort of non-linear progression and it's slow as shit. He's making a low end developer salary for this, he should be held to basic levels of professionalism regarding scheduling, documentation, coding practices and keeping a changelog that doesn't look like it was written for a middle school science fair project.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
Fact of the matter is Renpy is a shit engine for this. He'd be better off spending a month to rebuild the game in Unity using a commercial dialogue asset. Renpy is intuitive, but it snowballs out of control the moment you have any sort of non-linear progression and it's slow as shit. He's making a low end developer salary for this, he should be held to basic levels of professionalism regarding scheduling, documentation, coding practices and keeping a changelog that doesn't look like it was written for a middle school science fair project.
That is assuming he knows how to work with Unity.

I agree mostly with what you're saying here but, Renpy can work perfectly fine for this type of game without being slow, it just depends on how well you set up the foundation. Most games like this go to shit in terms of code and performance because the dev didn't have a clear vision and goals already finished before the first "init" was typed onto a script.

And as you said with the money he is making out of this i'd expect to see more consistent and contextual updates. Not the usual barrage of new feature/character hype. Like i said in my previous post... Finish what you got before moving onto to something new.

Reactions: Jaws478 and graaarg

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Well update Storm & Gwen are neck & neck. Gwen has like twomore votes than Storm or vice versa I hope when Oni calls it, Storm wins ffs I don't want the fourth wall breaking meme spouter.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Because Storm looks terrible in those sketches that were posted.
She really does not look like Storm. It's kind of weird how enthusiastic people here are about her when there are also so many comments about how Jean doesn't look like Jean.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if so many people are interested in Gwen because she's a natural choice for a mechanically unusual girl. The first four all play pretty much the same with only minor variations and the different approach taken for Jean seems to have gone over pretty well despite not acting like the typical depiction of the character.

GreaterSilence

Jul 23, 2019
Shame that Tabitha Smith/Boom Boom wasn't even a voting option. She was a top-tier girl in the actual cartoon series. Plus, a shameless, loud, rambunctious white-trash girl would be a fun contrast to someone as uppercrust as Jean or as insecure as Rogue.

yellomit

Jul 24, 2017
Rather than hyping up new girls, he should finish what he already has. It's honestly frustrating for example that Kitty (one of the first characters added) is still missing a ton of key art, same for the other girls, they're all missing one or two poses here and there. The sunbathe option still does not give the girls a tan, they all have disproportionate amounts of subjects to talk about (Jean being the biggest offender here). I can go on... But those are the main things.

Don't get me wrong, Oni has something really great here but, moving onto new things rather than finishing what you already have is only gonna steer the game in the same direction as countless other patreon failures. And that makes me sad :(
This 100%.

Reactions: Disco-Inferno
Mar 8, 2019
As i said earlier if this Gwen will win, how long will Oni develop her? Because she is already drawn and colored, it will be a shame to wait another 4 mouths.

Me myself all for Ororo or Jubilie

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
Saw comments that you can vote for multiple women and tried it out. You can vote for every single one of them and have each vote count. Can't tell if that's normal or just Oni coding lol!

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
If you take a look at Oni's art for Storm his original rendition, he altered her decreasing her hips, thighs & breasts a bit. That's kinda lame.

Reactions: srg91

bmab

May 7, 2020
A former child street thief(is thhat still the backstory?) would likely suffer from malnutrition and be unlikely to develop big boobs, unless she got a plastic job as an adult.

Personally, variety is the spice of life. Having all girls(particularly with harem gameplay) with bimbo anatomy and orange spray tans would get boring and samey pretty quickly.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes