Sandro66662

Mar 25, 2019
I think a cursory read through any 10 pages of this thread might explain why Oni tends to get disliked so much.

But if you don't want to, here's the gist - Oni tries to do everything themselves, commendable of course, but Oni's coding has more loops than a spaghetti junction. You can be an artist or a storyteller or a coder or a playtester. You can even do 2 of those, but not all 4. And despite years of having to release patch after patch after patch because the latest update was bug-ridden, tells you that Oni doesn't want to get a coder or a tester and that they don't listen to the critiques of their own patrons. All that tends to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of people who have been following this game since its inception.
If you do not use obscene language. This is a very strange and extremely ungrateful position, considering that you don’t even pay a fucking, but have the opportunity to download for free. And Oni, in my opinion, alone do better than some teams that have resources. Even taking into account that his whole game is one big crutch

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
If I remind correctly, it's been confirmed Oni has a job - which is not this game - so I don't think applying working hours logic here, on what is technically a "hobby", helps.
The correct explanation is way simpler: Oni doesn't care for nor respect his public, no matter how much his paying patrons make it rain on him and does as he pleases, when he pleases, period.
He makes almost 8k a month on Patreon alone, if he does have a job it's per diem at best. No one in their right mind would work a 9 to 5 while making this much extra money. So I don't buy him having a job to be an excuse in the slightest.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I support a number of developers on Patreon but I'll NEVER support Oni unless they change (and they'll NEVER change unless their patrons revolt.. and even then they might just cancel the project and move on).

And Oni, in my opinion, alone do better than some teams that have resources.
...in what universe? In MY opinion, his production time and content additions per update are a bad joke ESPECIALLY when you consider how much he makes a month from working on the game. There are definitely worse developers out there who drag things out on purpose but Oni is pretty goddamn bad.

Last edited:

Erudito

Mar 10, 2018
If you do not use obscene language. This is a very strange and extremely ungrateful position, considering that you don’t even pay a fucking, but have the opportunity to download for free. And Oni, in my opinion, alone do better than some teams that have resources. Even taking into account that his whole game is one big crutch
Don't make excuses for bad behavior. You think paying patrons don't say the same shit like freeloaders do?

He makes almost 8k a month on Patreon alone, if he does have a job it's per diem at best. No one in their right mind would work a 9 to 5 while making this much extra money. So I don't buy him having a job to be an excuse in the slightest.
I definitely don't buy having a job makes you slow at making updates. There are people here who work actual jobs and still able to push updates ( behind the dune for example, he has like another project going on while working actual jobs iirc?)

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
So we're on Friday, three days after & the later this week hasn't occured?
Gee-fuckity-wiz good thing I'm too fucking sun burnt to do anything but masturbate & scratch my own ass; Getting an outdoors job is fun but also sucks, once it hits mid-July it's going to be hell. Anyways if he posts Sunday I can't download so that's fuuuuuuuuuun.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I'll be okay I just didn't wear sunscreen today is all - I'm quite used to the heat @ this point, not entirely bothered by it now. I mean I wear a hoodie in 100 f weather.

Reactions: Ghostload

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sorry, mate. My only advice is to start a new game and try again. Maybe someone else has an idea. What you're experiencing is highly unusual and shouldn't happen given the evidence.
this is the 4th one... counting one prior to the save issue. I do use the cheat console.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes