hp_surfer

Jun 7, 2017
Holy shit, this game is still going? It's been 6 years!

Is it finished and nice extra scenes keeps getting added? Or is it the usual thing?

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Jubilee's blowjob is literally just a reskin. This is the shit we get after 5 months View attachment 1866001
This is what comes of complacency. No one holds Oni accountable and he gets away with doing at most 2 weeks worth of work but takes months to release it. But the last time I tried to drive it home that people need to demand better or pull their money the people would rather simp instead.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
This is what comes of complacency. No one holds Oni accountable and he gets away with doing at most 2 weeks worth of work but takes months to release it. But the last time I tried to drive it home that people need to demand better or pull their money the people would rather simp instead.
This game's frustrating for me, and frankly a lot of people. I've been here for awhile (2017) and I remember joining up on F95 because of this game. Hell this game was probably like the 5th or 6th game they uploaded on F95 (Rogue-Like went up Aug 5, 2016, earliest games posted here went up Aug 4, 2016). I don't even know how much of the game there was before 2016, but for arguments sake lets go with the game was created in 2016.

For 6+ years worth of "work" on this game, I feel like what's been done in terms of scenes, things you can do, etc. has always been lacking. Even if this is different from DAZ or Honey Select based games where here you have to hand draw everything, I feel like the pace Oni gets stuff completed is excruciatingly slow. Almost world record levels slow. Though I still love this game, I'd never never support it on Patreon.

requirededs

May 1, 2021
So what the changelog should actually say for this new version

: Broke the quicksave function entirely
: Partially broke the saving function as a whole
: Broke the "view" options for all characters
: Added scenes for jubilee, which are questionable looking at best and is a half assed reskin not actually a new scene
: Added a new pose for storm with no readily apparent way to use it

I am not ungrateful for this project, dont get me wrong, but this "update" is more of a leap backwards then a step forwards

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
You ever realize how much you were promised after much patience to wait only to be let down for much buildup? That's successful with some creators and some do achieve better. Hype can really kill things for sure

_Cthulhu_

Feb 1, 2019
Is there possibly that this game have android port with cheats in it i did try it on my joiplay bit its gets buggy too buggy cannot load the background inly black and characters only.
Black screen is okay and disappears after intro, when you get in and out of your room.
I play this game on JoiPlay WITH cheat mod and it works perfect except for black screen in the beginning and (sometimes) Laura animation.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I don't know why people insist that just become someone paid money to the original writer, they now have the authority to rewrite the story and somehow it is cannon.
Disney pushes a lot of shit tier fanfiction that they claim is "canon" because they have a lot of money. But we the audience do not have to accept that.
Its not just "Here's some money, we're going to change some things". Its about who owns the rights to a character and in turn there's licensing concerns. Believe it or not, comics themselves don't make a huge amount of money, most of the money earned comes from merchandising. Comics are often a tie-in to another medium, designed to promote said medium, where a licensing agreement allows the publisher to use the characters in whatever way they want, from crossovers to their own comic. But if they end up losing the license, well they can no longer use the character or reference them properly, not without paying a large penalty or even being brought to court. A famous example of this was Rom: Space Knight, which was a 1979 toy from Parker Brothers. Marvel had the license to publish a comic based on it, and the comic lasted several years longer than the toy itself and is a favourite to the point that more people knew about the comic than the toy. But eventually, Marvel lost the license and they could no longer use Rom...but they could use other characters that Marvel had created for the comic (basically Marvel built everything from the bottom up for the comics). They can use those characters, but if they wanted to use Rom? Well that's a hefty fee to Hasbro and it's probably not worth it now.

Something else to understand here is that the comics industry has been pretty shitty to creators. Its an industry where just because someone created something doesn't mean they actually or automatically own it. A lot of creators are brought in on what's called "Work for Hire", which is a copyright term that basically works on the idea that a publisher hires someone specifically to create a character so the publishing company owns it. The writer or artist got paid to create something but they don't own it.

To be honest, the two big comics companies are notorious for screwing over creators, one of the most infamous examples was Bill Finger, co-creator of Batman. While Bob Kane's original idea for Batman was a guy in a red bodysuit, a domino mask and with wings on his back, it was Bill Finger's input that created the design we recognise today, but because of his status as a writer, he was screwed. He died in obscurity in the 70s and it was only in 2015 that DC recognised his contributions and officially accredited him from then on.

Which just goes to show, there's a whole lot more at play than "just giving someone money". There's that explains some of this with a better legal understanding than I possess.

Reactions: /;/ and Testerguy19

Willis

Aug 17, 2017
This game's frustrating for me, and frankly a lot of people. I've been here for awhile (2017) and I remember joining up on F95 because of this game. Hell this game was probably like the 5th or 6th game they uploaded on F95 (Rogue-Like went up Aug 5, 2016, earliest games posted here went up Aug 4, 2016). I don't even know how much of the game there was before 2016, but for arguments sake lets go with the game was created in 2016.

For 6+ years worth of "work" on this game, I feel like what's been done in terms of scenes, things you can do, etc. has always been lacking. Even if this is different from DAZ or Honey Select based games where here you have to hand draw everything, I feel like the pace Oni gets stuff completed is excruciatingly slow. Almost world record levels slow. Though I still love this game, I'd never never support it on Patreon.
I remember the game, back when it was only Rogue and you couldn't have sex with her yet.

Willis

Aug 17, 2017
Keep getting an ERROR every time I try to change the view. I look forward to next update. 998 A...B...H... whatever.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes