SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I still don't understand Oni's dumbass decision to include Gwen in the game. She's not even an X-Men character, and isn't there like many more X-Girls who could be included?
Because it's his game and he can do whatever the fuck he wants? Hardly a dumbass decision if it adds another to the harem. Sure, there are more, much deserving X-men gals in Evo and such that deserve their screen time, which, likely will happen, likely by 2035. Still, laughable to call it a dumbass choice.

Reactions: codmanwar

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Because it's his game and he can do whatever the fuck he wants? Hardly a dumbass decision if it adds another to the harem. Sure, there are more, much deserving X-men gals in Evo and such that deserve their screen time, which, likely will happen, likely by 2035. Still, laughable to call it a dumbass choice.
I get that's it's his game, and he can "do whatever he wants" was there any real reason to mention this?

Laughable is a stretch. There was no need to be so rude when I was merely sharing my opinion based on my observations on the evolution of this game over the years. Oni has made a bunch of decisions ranging from questionable to dumbass especially considering the art and coding aspects and his refusal to accept help from others.

Dumbass in my original post's context was probably the wrong word, but adding Gwen to the game in my opinion doesn't fit with the theme of the game. Maybe she'll feel like a welcomed addition or maybe she'll feel out of place, who knows. Regardless, I know there is probably a huge demand for Gwen Stacy, Gwen Poole or whoever the fuck she is or whatever iteration will be in the game.

Apologies if this post comes across as rude.

Jun 26, 2019
I still don't understand Oni's dumbass decision to include Gwen in the game. She's not even an X-Men character, and isn't there like many more X-Girls who could be included?
First, Gwenpool is not even a Gwen Stacy variant like Spider-Gwen (That's the whole point of the character)
Second, Gwenpool it IS a "Mutant" wich matches with the lore of X-Men

She works similar like a variant of Deadpool, just like Lady Deadpool, Headpool, Kidpool, among others...

Gwenpool is basically Marvel's Bat-Mite (That Goblin fan of Batman that screws him over every time he tries to help), a character outside comic world wich ironically is huge fan of comics that owns the Toon Force and tries to do something good and cool but ends up fucking up everything... She literally defeated Dr. Doom just by pushing him outside the comic (Toon Force), she even retconned herself to edit her "Comic Info" from Human to Mutant

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
First, Gwenpool is not even a Gwen Stacy variant like Spider-Gwen (That's the whole point of the character)
Second, Gwenpool it IS a "Mutant" wich matches with the lore of X-Men

She works similar like a variant of Deadpool, just like Lady Deadpool, Headpool, Kidpool, among others...

Gwenpool is basically Marvel's Bat-Mite (That Goblin fan of Batman that screws him over every time he tries to help), a character outside comic world wich ironically is huge fan of comics that owns the Toon Force and tries to do something good and cool but ends up fucking up everything... She literally defeated Dr. Doom just by pushing him outside the comic (Toon Force), she even retconned herself to edit her "Comic Info" from Human to Mutant
I've never been a fan of the modern deadpool, and I don't really care what version of Gwenpool will be in the game when Marvel themselves can't even keep their shit straight. Pretty sure originally Gwen Poole was a version of Gwen Stacy but they changed it. Don't quote me on that as I don't have a source, just what I heard.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I will not stand by for this Kirby erasure. Hell, this is Claremont erasure too.
You're right. My bad, I meant Stan Lee AND Jack Kirby. I usually don't forget that.

I have no idea who Claremont is, but I'll assume he was a writer for a line of X-Men comics at one point in time? If he was accurate and faithful to the X-Men, might as well throw him in there as well. Faithfulness is all I want. That, and a harem of the females from the X-Men.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Speed running banging Gwen is gonna be brutal since she appears same day as Jean and Storm.
You should use Prime's mod when he updates it for 1.1 (the version that I assume introduces Gwen Pool). It comes with the amazing feature of holding off meeting the girls until you're ready. The only girl you can't hold off waiting for is Rogue.

Reactions: zaid97

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
I just say Gwenpool is combination of Domino and America Chavez, only she can visit our world. That's not completely accurate, but it makes her powerset easier to understand, in my opinion.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LordMerek

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I just say Gwenpool is combination of Domino and America Chavez, only she can visit our world. That's not completely accurate, but it makes her powerset easier to understand, in my opinion.
Why couldn't we have gotten Domino instead?

America Chavez could be an interesting character if she wasn't created for political reasons, her story wasn't shit, and they didn't have morons writing her character.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
America Chavez is also really ugly, imo.

If they wanted um--an ethnic looking--Latina, they could've asked Julia Jones to star, since she played a Latina character in ER.

Reactions: LordMerek

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
America Chavez is also really ugly, imo.

If they wanted um--an ethnic looking--Latina, they could've asked Julia Jones to star, since she played a Latina character in ER.
If we are talking about comics, it depends on who draws her. I've seen some fucking ugly drawings of the X-Men (Cyclops and Emma come to mind) so it just depends how much crack they smoke. If we are talking about actresses, same thing applies here, they could have easily cast someone else.

Edit: did a quick google search for this "Julia Jones" lady and you're right. She would've been better for the role then whoever the fuck they got.

Then again, it's the "modern era" where anybody the activists don't want to fuck are ugly.

• Love
Reactions: Ghostload
Jun 26, 2019
Tecnically the idea wasnt to make her a Gwen Stacy variant, the concept was more like "Totally Not Gwen Stacy mixed with Deadpool" while using their design (Contradictory, i know, but that was the point of the character)

Apr 1, 2019
Pretty sure originally Gwen Poole was a version of Gwen Stacy but they changed it. Don't quote me on that as I don't have a source, just what I heard.
Tecnically the idea wasnt to make her a Gwen Stacy variant, the concept was more like "Totally Not Gwen Stacy mixed with Deadpool" while using their design (Contradictory, i know, but that was the point of the character)
Not an expert on the character, but a quick search into the topic indicates that her originally being a Gwen Stacy variant could be argued either way. Apparently to take advantage of Spider-Gwen's popularity back in 2015, Marvel had a period where all their titles had alt-art covers with Gwen Stacy reimagined as other characters. One of them was a Deadpool comic, and it turned out to be rather popular with a number of cosplayers. As such one of the editors approached a writer and another editor about making a story around her, with the requirement that she be entirely unrelated to both Deadpool and Gwen Stacy, so that Marvel would be able to keep all the television and film rights, as opposed to Fox or Sony having them.

So based on that, arguments could be made that the original art of her that was a Deadpool cover was intended to be Gwen Stacy, while the counterargument would be that in any and all comics actually featuring her in the story, she had a backstory entirely unrelated to them.

Ultimately her real world origin boils down to "This quick cash grab of cover art combining two different popular characters was unexpectedly popular. Let's take advantage of that by making them an actual character, but make sure to not actually make her related to either of the characters involved so we don't have to share rights to her with other companies."

4.40 star(s) 154 Votes