Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
well then i like a game Romance of the three Kingdoms made by k.o.e.i. and since i am playing it for years now i got bored and now i only like to steal wife's and woman's from other kingdoms if she has a husband the guy is dead the first time i get then i can steal his wife even if she hates me :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
@leonhart025

ROFLMAO!
>. I think it has a bestiality possibility soon with a horse

If people want to make fanfic of that...shitsuation, feel free. But I'm not going to :)

>I don't like the Male protagonist
Fair; I didn't do a ton of customization on Michael 7 (the model used) and in my larger game (Superspy Steve) I did use a very muscular male model. Just got tired of seeing him really.
>NTR with another man while the MC is on the ship ( I hope so )
Hm, I don't have any plans to do a scene with a ship, either. No models of ships too so I'd have to spend a budget I don't have to acquire those...so, sorry, this one's not happening either.

>Dana from DOD
Ah, dreaming of dana?
Makes sense, I did very little customization on the V7 model, Victoria, and I believe that Dana is the same model. Reminds me why Dating my Daughter & Dreams of Desire (that's a lot of D games...) both seem to have pretty custom tweaks on the shape settings.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas feel free to post, I have the endings lined up and a few "must do," scenes between now & then but I'm always open to hearing ideas. Just can't guarantee I'll follow through ;)
It's just game future prediction anyway but I guess it was a wrong prediction. Ohh you mean , captain jack will be the only male character in the game ?

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
The re-done cover art both on Patreon and in the game show all the main characters.

And ya, predictions can be fun :)

Just wanted to make sure if they didn't come true you weren't shocked or surprised.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Question for ya'll here:

Spending increasing time and making less than before tells me that the project just isn't awesome enough to do what I want.

I'm thinking of re-booting and starting from scratch on this game. Thoughts?

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
There's something about the "valley of death," for a product where it falls between hate & love. Given that there wasn't any hate (NOOOOzzz, don't reboot!) and no love, "Yes, I luuuuvvvv them so much I want to see it more polished," feels like I might be, ahem, polishing a turd here ;)

Don't get me wrong, I can deliver an epic shit...but, that's not the same thing as a quality game. Not even close.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@Hamguy

welcome to f95 - yes, Farah isn't Anglo-Saxon, as Polly is - thus the re-brand & change in the game, new title, "Romancing the Kingdom," and currently soul-searching on a possible re-boot from scratch.

Why's that?

Traction; I've seen many games that had a better hook, better experience from initial release that have done far better. Also I am a believer in quality. Is Romancing the Kingdom so far the best work I could do?

Nope.

So if I want an audience, I have exactly one choice:
Do better.

I'm working on it. Check the re-boot when I publish it and let me know if I'm finally in the right ball-park.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Possible re-boot, I published a proof of concept earlier today, check it out here if you're interested.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Merry Christmas!

Updated prototype of the re-boot: from what I can tell, this thing has legs. Also it's incredibly fun to play.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
I didn't have a Christmas feast this year, but, I did double the content in Sword of Wonder!!!

Check it out for free there. :)

Happy Holiday!

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Funny story. My most liked post in the last month was the, "Should I change my game name?" That was a few weeks ago.

Today, the latest Sword of Wonder prototype hit the same number (9). Given that I'm not about to toss a ton of work that I put into Romancing the Kingdom, I have a way to modify that game (not too much, really) and ensure that they are the same game in the end, mostly. What does that mean?

Basically, Sword of Wonder is the Arthurian archetype with a twist...you'll find out later :) His story is from his perspective, mostly male POV with very little (if any) 3rd person omniscient perspective. In the beginning, he's told: "You could become King." But...what does he have to do really, to become King? And will he trade it all for power (Macbeth...) or would he prefer an alternate ending?

Romancing the Kingdom is the same story but focused on Polly's perspective, told in a largely third person omniscient style, as it has been since the beginning. She's destined for the throne...but, her step-sister thirsts for power. Without much struggle, her life has been a fairy-tale and she knows it. But, to secure her position as the next Queen, she needs a man to deliver an heir. When she meets a man who has done the incredible, will she in love, or just use and toss him as is the Amazon way?

Why do this?
Simple; it allows me to fix a lot of plot holes and other issues that prevented RtK from becoming a truly great game and I get to share the same story for people who enjoy a male perspective. I like the male protagonist and in the Sword of Wonder, you get to experience his Hero's Journey. It's epic.

I hope you give the prototype a spin when I release the .18 version (in progress). It has 59 renders already, which is 10% of Romancing the Kingdom, not to mention a fuckton(see note 1 below) more game mechanics that make it more an RPG than Visual Novel (my POV).

Note 1:
A fuckton is the American equivalent to a ton as measured in weight.

Reactions: UncleVT

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I haven't time to play Sword of Wonder. Give me a couple of days and i'll give you my feedback.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply, @UncleVT

Just updated a new version, .18, here:

20+ new renders, about double the length in overall content; leads almost (but not 100%) into the start of Romancing the Kingdom.

As noted in the post, there is one known bug *if* it happens due to random events, just hit Ignore. Next release, I'll have figured out a fix.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hot damn, this game got way, way more spicey!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rendering and re-rendering scenes, as well as brushing up text. *but*...

...am also pushing the story forward with new renders and code. Next week's release will be the best RtK yet.

Reactions: Kendra and UncleVT

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
For those who weren't downloading the .40 release before it was actually, you know, released to the public today ;) happy new year.

You can get the download links here (unless you know, you already did...):

Change-log below:

Given the way I built this game, it's a *lot* harder to debug than the Sword of Wonder game. (pop open the stuff in a text editor, I'm sure you'll agree). There is a bug report I haven't been able to reproduce around day ~11, depending on what options you have picked that may occur. If this does happen (scene in kitchen with Briley) do me a solid and let me know?

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Running a poll to help quantify the various kinds of things I can improve for Romancing the Kingdom. Also the .45 version I published yesterday for Lovely People.

Feedback appreciated :)

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Latest update, version .45, out for supporters at the higher levels.

Release notes inside the spoiler tag, in case you haven't played before.

Was my biggest monthly update so far for this game, or any other, which I'm very proud of - and when I factor in the work on Sword of Wonder, I've been 2x+ more productive this month as a game developer. If you have played one of the latest supporter or public versions, please let me know what you think here or on Patreon. From what I can tell, the interest in the game has quintupled in the last month.

Reactions: Kendra
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes