sithlordo66

May 4, 2017
i liked it better when for that one update Jack was the main character...not cause it was a dude (i've played many games with a female protagonist) but because it seemed more streamlined and focused plus there was some fun mini games. I wish shed keep Polly as the protagonist BUT instead of grinding the same scene with the same dialogue over and over gave us fewer scenes but that were all unique

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
This game is a true work of art, and when it updates, it updates with more content. You're never left feeling disappointed. You always end up wishing there were more.

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Love the graphics and some of the animations.
What i don't like is how the reading/story is setup. Example, it's like reading a book starting on page 1 and getting to page 6, then the next day starts back on page 1 but up to page 7 then 1-8,etc. Then the story slightly moves after a story line change and now your page 9 "with a few jumps back to previous pages" to page 12 then page 9 to page 13 and 9-14,etc. It's a lot of rereading the previous days same events and the day before that and so on with a few subtle changes. Don't get me wrong on this. I do kinda like this game but the rereading the same thing over and over makes me happy that i can quickly click through a lot of it.
I can also see how life in a castle would be the same thing over and over with a few changes here and there*shrugs*.
This is all imo. Some may enjoy this while others may not.
But alas i shall be keeping an eye on this due to my love for bisexual women and my love for animations in visual novels ;p

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@sithlordo66

You're referring to Sword of Wonder, the "parallel," game to Romancing the Kingdom. This game is centered around Polly, but, shares the story from a third person perspective - meaning you have scenes that are from her point of view and others in the game.

Sword of Wonder, on the other hand, is 99.999% first person male perspective. That's more than likely what you're referring to.

@
>What i don't like is how the reading/story is setup

Is this for the .50 release, the .45 or earlier? The continuity issues have been 100% solved in the .50 release; the .45 there were a few bugs which have been since fixed.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
The files are there, but, I removed the scene with the Queen...it's on the list for the .55 version.

You can also see the image series with Jack & the Queen here:

Reactions: rocker1440

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Just wanted to chime in, a lot of feedback here may not be relevant to the current, public .50 release of the game. Yes, earlier versions were way too repetitive - in this case, the current public version should contain a minimum amount (depending on choices). Though if you do see repetition where there shouldn't be, or it gets distracting from enjoying the story's arc, please share.

Also, I'm working on a new image series for the game which I've posted some previews on Patreon. I figured after posting on discord, I would share an image here as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a few previews of the more...intimate bits later in the series on Discord, as that's what I'm working on now. I think Briley looks lovely in the scene.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Hey there @
Finally get to try 0.50 and here what i've got, right after this scene(before meeting the twins):

2.jpg

And than the event i've waited most breaks completely :FeelsBadMan:

Well, i've got the latest avaible version from mega posted on site, it works fine, but scene with twins was changed(due to Hatreon no doubts) and all the previous version were deleted... :FeelsBadMan:

Does anyone still have version with Lucy & Lacey scene intact? :FeelsGoodMan:
Seems like i need 0.45...

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
hi @Kendra thanks for the post!

The breaking issue, hm, I think the mega at the start of this might need to be updated, the version here:

Works fine (the bug was there for ~10 days, ish, after the update). If you want the removed scene, it's still in the .45 version which you can download here (warning more bugs than the updated .50 version):

Most recently for Romancing the Kingdom, I've been adding more content (.50 and .55 updates were each the same size as two updates from last year) and spending a lot more time fixing existing content. Things like continuity, scene changes, grammar, spelling...there was a lot. Over the weekend, I did a second bug fix update after posting about the first on Friday April 20th.

If anybody wants to beta test the latest .55 version drop me a PM, only requirement is you share feedback: what's good, what needs improvement and most importantly, "I wish you'd..." type of things.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
The breaking issue, hm, I think the mega at the start of this might need to be updated, the version here:
Strange, cause as i remember i've downloaded 0.50 already fixed(some days after release) from the patreon page, and as we see - this bug was still there.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Just downloaded and confirmed the .50 via mega & my website are in fact fixed. It took, from memory, ~10 days or perhaps even two weeks, before I fixed the issue with that release and removed the bug.

Regarding the .45 download, it's still on Mega where it was when I released it a few months ago. Link inside spoiler.

My apologies for the hurdles in getting to the scene you wanted. I do need to look into providing a patch or something to re-add the content that's been removed, as I really hate to see my work go to waste (especially since I liked that scene!).

Reactions: Kendra

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hey all, I wanted to share a poll I'm running for Patrons here as well about the next (.60) version of Romancing the Kingdom. There will be a "guest star," due to (spoiler plot reasons) in the game and it needs to be a female character.

Thus, the poll. The if you are interested in letting me know which you prefer.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
So, playing through the game trying to focus on Polly and Jack. Refused step-sister and queen. Went riding every day, got max points for Jack. They profess love and have sex. The next day, she starts guard duty and complains bitterly that nothing is happening between her and Jack. She and Summer then proceed with a lesbian "lesson" on what men should be doing for women.

....what?

I guess I managed to leap-frog the intended story.

Reactions: jillgates

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Ah, that's clearly a bug :)
>The next day, she starts guard duty and complains bitterly that nothing is happening between her and Jack.

I know where that is, I'll add a variable to ensure that if the relationship has progressed, it changes the dialogue.

If there are any other continuity issues you see in the "Polly," path, let me know.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes