jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@
I'll check that out, thanks, sorry I didn't read that earlier.

@torkenstiem or @xdrakensx if you can send me some of the variables that are in the game, I can set mine the same way just in case it requires something set to trigger the issue.

@fastbullet yes; is the other game I'm making, a lot of it is the same, and SoW is a 100% male POV, where Romancing the Kingdom is more "third person," as it has some male POV as well as 3rd person, etc.

Reactions: FastBullet

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
@
I'll check that out, thanks, sorry I didn't read that earlier.

@torkenstiem or @xdrakensx if you can send me some of the variables that are in the game, I can set mine the same way just in case it requires something set to trigger the issue.

@fastbullet yes; is the other game I'm making, a lot of it is the same, and SoW is a 100% male POV, where Romancing the Kingdom is more "third person," as it has some male POV as well as 3rd person, etc.
For the BJ Loop at 1900 on Day 11, would you like me to send a save, or do you require me to give you specific variables?

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
@pswizzle just sent a message, a save file would be ideal, failing that, the variables if you could.

>mean there is a 100% lesbian path?

There are ways to skip all of the male sex if you want, would require choosing all the right options of course. When I start creating a walk through I'll include this as one of the options. Thanks for the question, @Gomly1980

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017

Sorry, I didnt save for a while and cant remember how I got to that point, =/.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Okay, after I tested out a saved game and then re-played myself, I think I know what you're all referring to. Romancing the Kingdom previously had a *lot* of repeated scenes, that's gone down but I haven't removed them all.

Given the Polly oral scene you can always decline, however, you keep getting asked day in & day out during the game if she can, etc.

As long as that's the specific repetition you're referring to, I can cap the frequency of the scene and then ensure it stops repeating in game; trade-off would be you'd have to replay to see that scene again. But, given that's how a lot of other games work, I'll add this to my to do list.

If however I got it wrong and it's not Polly and Jack you're referring to but the Briley scene, then I haven't had that happen with the save file at all.

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Okay, after I tested out a saved game and then re-played myself, I think I know what you're all referring to. Romancing the Kingdom previously had a *lot* of repeated scenes, that's gone down but I haven't removed them all.

Given the Polly oral scene you can always decline, however, you keep getting asked day in & day out during the game if she can, etc.

As long as that's the specific repetition you're referring to, I can cap the frequency of the scene and then ensure it stops repeating in game; trade-off would be you'd have to replay to see that scene again. But, given that's how a lot of other games work, I'll add this to my to do list.

If however I got it wrong and it's not Polly and Jack you're referring to but the Briley scene, then I haven't had that happen with the save file at all.
Oddly enough it goes Briley scene then repeated Polly scene for me.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
The Briley in the kitchen scene? Can you past a line of dialogue or what not from the last scene before the repetition? Then i can check the code in that area to see if I can find what the bug is.

U

User_633486

my kinda faces/bodies plus i love medieval ish stuff so count me in

U

User_633486

got stuck in a loop around day 10 for some reason but wasn't really feeling the game anyway so not a big loss

too many repeated days/scenes for my liking

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Really kills the mood thinking that you're a female protagonist and only stuck with one male character and other girls , it should have been male protagonist if other guys won't get involve and touch polly

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Female protag is fine.

Male protag wouldn't work with this setting and would require a complete story rewrite.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hi @Marko1245 no I haven't made a walk-through yet, it's on my agenda. After reading the comments here, there's clearly a *lot* of repetition that's preventing people from enjoying the game (especially since the newer content starts around day ~10-12 from this year and the renders, scenes are much higher quality).

>kills the mood thinking that you're a female protagonist

I hadn't considered this, ever, since from the beginning the intent for Romancing the Kingdom was to have two paths: the lesbian one (Polly doesn't hook up with Jack, has her own harem of sorts...) and the "true love," path, where she and Jack get together and live happily ever after. The third option, in this case, is that Jack ends up with Briley which is more or less in Romancing the Kingdom one of the "band ending," paths. Eleanor (and other games by Lesson of Passion) have a female protagonist like this, but, Polly's story wasn't designed that way.

>male protagonist if other guys won't get involve

This was part of my thinking when I started Sword of Wonder ( ), which is a parallel path game with a male (Jack, but you can customize) played from a first person male point of view.

Thank you, everybody, for chiming in and giving me feedback. My goal here is to get better at making games; clearly, I've got room to grow. Given that, what about the following:

* Text repetition cleanup - this clearly is #1 for the next update (.60)
* Render repetition potential cleanup - some scenes, even though they have new dialogue, have the same set of renders, I can reduce this...it may mean a shorter current story though.
* Other must needed changes - ...fill in the blank here (Or no further changes, just get the walk-through together already...)

Previously, I haven't been appreciative enough when reading comments on my games, here or elsewhere. Am trying to do better. If any of you think of other considerations for Romancing the Kingdom, please share; I take all the comments seriously and am prioritizing those in terms of what to work on next.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Okay, today I found a few issues that could cause a loop on the Polly scene. Thanks again for reporting that. I'm going to see what else I can clean up / find, and then do a small update with the fixes once I finish checking a few more things.

djambo

May 11, 2018
MEGA - The file has been deleted

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hey djambo, sorry about that, poor timing - I was in the middle of removing the version with the bugs and updating posts, as well as links, to the newly updated .56 version that squished the bugs the awesome people reported the last few days.

Download links are here (currently restricted to Patrons $1 and higher, but, since you guys are the only reason the bugs are fixed, you also deserve it earlier than the general public).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes