Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Confirmed.. the mod still works and didn't crash.. although I'm a tiny bit confused on the wash and present variable for emily..

hagalan

Apr 7, 2020
Hi,
I'm playing Version 13_0_beta_e with WT 1.13.1, GameLevel=v13
until 51/63 everything worked fine, found 5 events that day.
since the following day 56/63 the menu-entries are no longer colored.

Same with current 14_0_beta_a.

any suggestions? It seems there are player without this Problem.
(I'm using the Linux-Version)

---- Edit ---
somehow it cleared itself:
played the last normal day with 14_0 version and then the next day was normal

Last edited:

Tschu78

Jun 29, 2020
Hi, I’m playing this game since yesterday on my Mac. What’s the easiest way to walkthrough? Thanks

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Hi, I’m playing this game since yesterday on my Mac. What’s the easiest way to walkthrough? Thanks
Without this mod, there isn't an easy way to walkthrough this game...unless you want to create a spreadsheet to track what room and what time of day you find each and every event and then repeat that until you have the first series of events complete to trigger the next - it is a huge grind fest and, without checking rooms over, and over, and over, and over...you get the point. I, for one, am extremely thankful for Nighttrain's walkthrough mod.

Tschu78

Jun 29, 2020
Without this mod, there isn't an easy way to walkthrough this game...unless you want to create a spreadsheet to track what room and what time of day you find each and every event and then repeat that until you have the first series of events complete to trigger the next - it is a huge grind fest and, without checking rooms over, and over, and over, and over...you get the point. I, for one, am extremely thankful for Nighttrain's walkthrough mod.
Is there any mod for the Apple Mac?

Voight

Apr 22, 2020
This mod actually works on Mac, just put the walkthrough.rpy (may have to rename it after download) to Roomforrent.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game. Use Show Package Contents on Roomforrent.app to get there.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
YAYYY... 0.14 is out... now waiting patient as usual for NightTrain to make this game enjoyable XD
(love you :giggle:)
The wait is over!

Actually, there's no real need to wait anymore. The old mod usually works now with newer versions. Just keep your old save ready in case the mod causes problems, but there haven't been any problems with using the old mod since V10. The only thing is you'll get a few false green menu options that are related to new variables that have been added with the latest release. When I update the mod I just update the list of variables the mod ignores when deciding if an option should be highlighted.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Confirmed.. the mod still works and didn't crash.. although I'm a tiny bit confused on the wash and present variable for emily..
With every new release of the game, the developer adds a few new variables. If my algorithm doesn't recognize them, it highlights the option in green just in case they're important. When I update the mod I manually check to see if the new variables are important, and if they aren't I put them on an 'ignore' list, so they no longer show up.

Basically, if you play a newer version of the game with an older version of the mod, you may get a few 'false green' menu options, but since it won't kill you to occasionally repeat a scene, you can just use the old version. Or, if it will in fact kill you, just wait a few days until I get a chance to update the mod ;). But always keep your old save if you use an old mod (and even if you use the latest mod), just in case.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
This mod actually works on Mac, just put the walkthrough.rpy (may have to rename it after download) to Roomforrent.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game. Use Show Package Contents on Roomforrent.app to get there.
Thanks, Voight, this is awesome news. Can anybody else confirm if this works? If so, I'll put a link to this post at the start of the thread.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
The wait is over!

Actually, there's no real need to wait anymore. The old mod usually works now with newer versions. Just keep your old save ready in case the mod causes problems, but there haven't been any problems with using the old mod since V10. The only thing is you'll get a few false green menu options that are related to new variables that have been added with the latest release. When I update the mod I just update the list of variables the mod ignores when deciding if an option should be highlighted.
I already figured out. The false green were annoying, but no big issue at all - compared to the horrible grind of "normal" gameplay it's not even worth to mention.
Thanks again for your WT

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I already figured out. The false green were annoying, but no big issue at all - compared to the horrible grind of "normal" gameplay it's not even worth to mention.
Thanks again for your WT
Great. But please keep letting me know when new releases are available, because I usually don't check very often.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes