Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
that does not work for me
Hmm. What operating system are you using? Is it a mobile device? Is the cheat button not there at all? When you hover over the cheat button do you see a black box at the top of the screen? Is it empty or does it contain some text?

Last edited:

watse

Mar 3, 2018
so i am sure i am doing something wrong but can't get to work. when i click on link i get a text document that i try ans save as into the game folder and i don't see anything in game, i have tried just dragging the link into the game folder and nothing seems to work for me, i don't see a cheat button anywhere and no color choices on locations. i do change the name to walkthrough.rpy when i move them

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
so i am sure i am doing something wrong but can't get to work. when i click on link i get a text document that i try ans save as into the game folder and i don't see anything in game, i have tried just dragging the link into the game folder and nothing seems to work for me, i don't see a cheat button anywhere and no color choices on locations. i do change the name to walkthrough.rpy when i move them
I really don't know how to help you, but we can try some troubleshooting. Are you using windows? With my browser, when I click on the link the file is automatically downloaded to my Downloads folder. Does that happen for you? Or does your browser just show you the contents of the file (the first few lines should begin with #)? If that happen, you may need to right-click on the link and select 'Save link as' (or something equivalent-sounding, depending on your browser). Once you're sure you've downloaded the file, rename it as walkthrough.rpy (it will probably be something like 782661_walkthough.rpy by default). Then open the file using notepad or some other text editor (right-click on the downloaded file and select 'Open with'), the second line should be '# Mod Version 1.13.1'. Then move the file into the game folder, which should be something like '.../Roomforrent-13_0_beta_e_public-win/game'. That is, the walkthrough.rpy file should go in the same folder as 'scripts.rpa'. Then try starting the game. If this doesn't work, let me know where in this process things seem to go wrong.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Rename 782661_walkthrough.rpy to walkthrough.rpy
Paste the walkthrough.rpy to game folder.

Reactions: NightTrain

watse

Mar 3, 2018
I really don't know how to help you, but we can try some troubleshooting. Are you using windows? With my browser, when I click on the link the file is automatically downloaded to my Downloads folder. Does that happen for you? Or does your browser just show you the contents of the file (the first few lines should begin with #)? If that happen, you may need to right-click on the link and select 'Save link as' (or something equivalent-sounding, depending on your browser). Once you're sure you've downloaded the file, rename it as walkthrough.rpy (it will probably be something like 782661_walkthough.rpy by default). Then open the file using notepad or some other text editor (right-click on the downloaded file and select 'Open with'), the second line should be '# Mod Version 1.13.1'. Then move the file into the game folder, which should be something like '.../Roomforrent-13_0_beta_e_public-win/game'. That is, the walkthrough.rpy file should go in the same folder as 'scripts.rpa'. Then try starting the game. If this doesn't work, let me know where in this process things seem to go wrong.
so went into download folder and fond it there, tried installing that and it worked. Thanks

Reactions: NightTrain

puzzled

Jun 17, 2017
V!! 58/72 no green for 12 days on day 209 how do you move forward? PS your mod is the only reason this is playable!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
V!! 58/72 no green for 12 days on day 209 how do you move forward? PS your mod is the only reason this is playable!
You're probably caught in one of the bugs in the V11 content that was introduced in V12. These bugs have been fixed in the latest version. If possible, download the latest version (V13 Beta E), and restart from an old save made at the end of the V10 content.

If you don't have a save, try following the instructions in post #170 and/or post #174 in this thread. If they don't work, post your current save and I'll have a look.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Doing something wrong have triggered all but #28 v11 using newest download version
Try going to the guest room at noon on a weekday and selecting "Walk in". If that doesn't work there's something else wrong with some of your variables, so use the console (SHIFT-O) to set
linsay_talk = 4​
linsay_model = 1​
exit​
then try again.

If that still doesn't work you'll have to post a save here so I can have a look to see why.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I can't find next trigger. I also tried to skip date over 100 days but it couldn't be found.
You must have started playing the V11 content using the V12 or V13A version of the game. The only way to move forward now is to follow the instructions on posts #170 and #174 of this thread. Of, if you have a save from the end of the V10 content, you can download the V13E version of the game and restart the V11 content.

Sieberik

Jul 5, 2020
Hello,

The Mod was working fine until today when I ended up with getting only white options. Included the save file. Would appreciate to get a comment on how to get back into the right events.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes