Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I think NOTR3L3VANT has the right idea. With your save I was able to move forward by going to the bathroom twice at 0:00, two nights in a row, without going anywhere else in between (just skip hours).
Sorry I understand/read it wrong and first after I read your answer I read it correct. Thanks.

Reactions: NightTrain

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Hi ut1stgear1, that's not a bug, it's, um, ..., a feature?

Nothing ever happens in the office at 1200, as it's reserved in the game for a chance for the player to change parameters and look at the hints. My algorithm isn't sophisticated enough to figure out if anything interesting happens if the player selects any of those options, so it doesn't even try (if it did, it would probably end up in an endless loop), so it shows them as dark blue. But don't worry, there are no hidden events if you select any of these options. The game shows the Office location as light blue at 1200 only because if I didn't do anything it would show it as yellow (unseen content), which makes the office sound more interesting than it really is at that time. I should probably add a comment about this in the mod instructions, but nobody ever reads those anyway...
Thanks. Sort of found that out myself but it makes sense and I just left the office at 1200 till I finished the game with the mod and then checked all of the choices to see what happened. If you ever get it working that would be great. In the meantime I will just use the mod and ignore any office blue at 1200. Skip hour and skip day I already know will be light blue but are fine to click on. No harm no foul. Good to know though. I use the skip hour all the time when there is no green or yellow.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks. Sort of found that out myself but it makes sense and I just left the office at 1200 till I finished the game with the mod and then checked all of the choices to see what happened. If you ever get it working that would be great. In the meantime I will just use the mod and ignore any office blue at 1200. Skip hour and skip day I already know will be light blue but are fine to click on. No harm no foul. Good to know though. I use the skip hour all the time when there is no green or yellow.
Anyway, I see now that there was a change between V10 and V11. In V10, "Office" came up as light blue at 1200, but the options in the office were always green. In V11, "Office" still came up as light blue at 1200, but the options were all dark blue. It really doesn't mean anything different (the options shouldn't have been in green, because there aren't any events, but at least the mod could understand the code), but the dark blue means the mod couldn't understand the renpy scripts (which also isn't good). The difference has no impact on game play, as you noted, you can get to all the events.

In a few minutes I'll post a new version of the mod (v.1.5.2) that will put all the options in the office at 1200 as white, and won't burn any CPU power trying to figure out what the mods are trying to do (which was actually quite a bit because there are lots of loops in the renpy script there). So, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Reactions: ut1stgear1

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Anyway, I see now that there was a change between V10 and V11. In V10, "Office" came up as light blue at 1200, but the options in the office were always green. In V11, "Office" still came up as light blue at 1200, but the options were all dark blue. It really doesn't mean anything different (the options shouldn't have been in green, because there aren't any events, but at least the mod could understand the code), but the dark blue means the mod couldn't understand the renpy scripts (which also isn't good). The difference has no impact on game play, as you noted, you can get to all the events.

In a few minutes I'll post a new version of the mod (v.1.5.2) that will put all the options in the office at 1200 as white, and won't burn any CPU power trying to figure out what the mods are trying to do (which was actually quite a bit because there are lots of loops in the renpy script there). So, thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Thanks and will d/l it when I get a chance and yw. It was a fun ride till the end.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Without a save I can't really see what the problem is, but try downloading the new version of the mod (v1.5.1) and see my response to Dole above. Basically, don't go to the studio between visiting Joye in the bathroom two nights in a row.
Tks, new WT version work perfect till end.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
NightTrain

Even i left a review, i want to thank you over here too.
RfR was one of my favorite games right from start, as i liked the plot - but it turned into hell because of that grind just to figure out what to do next. All the sexual tension and all the build up fun was destroyed during the time searching for the next scene.
YOU made this game playable again, and i bet without your work, a lot of us would just drop that game at all.
As if that's not enough (which is a lot though), you also care about players savegames, even it's probably not your fault that they are messed up. Really appreciate that mate.
I think, i can speak for all over here, that you are a great person, skilled in what you are doing, and finally saving our "fun" for RfR game.
LOVE you :love: ( ;) )

PS: just keep going like that!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
NightTrain

Even i left a review, i want to thank you over here too.
RfR was one of my favorite games right from start, as i liked the plot - but it turned into hell because of that grind just to figure out what to do next. All the sexual tension and all the build up fun was destroyed during the time searching for the next scene.
YOU made this game playable again, and i bet without your work, a lot of us would just drop that game at all.
As if that's not enough (which is a lot though), you also care about players savegames, even it's probably not your fault that they are messed up. Really appreciate that mate.
I think, i can speak for all over here, that you are a great person, skilled in what you are doing, and finally saving our "fun" for RfR game.
LOVE you :love: ( ;) )

PS: just keep going like that!
Thanks for the feedback!

I too felt that the game had such great potential, but I spent way too much time wondering what to do next. There was no way of telling if the game had too much grind (eg, did I have to eat breakfast with Amy 10 times in a row to move on with our relationship?), or if the events were hidden by tricks (eg was I supposed to wait outside the bathroom exactly two days in a row, and then barge in on the third, and if I didn't, I was stuck?). In the end, it was neither, just a matter of showing up at the right room at the right time. I tried looking at the renpy script to try to figure out what to do next, but my brain was too small to understand it, so I had to write a computer program to read the renpy script and sort it out for me. Obviously, I really thought the game had potential, and I'm very glad that I was right.

As far as fixing the saves are concerned, I know one version of my mod screwed up the saves of some players when V10 first came out, and I'm still not entirely sure that my mod didn't screw up your save as well, so I do have some responsibility to try to fix them.

But mostly I'm just happy to help more people play this great game, in the hopes that some of them at least will throw some money at the dev, so he'll continue to make great content for me to play. See, it's all about me!

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
But mostly I'm just happy to help more people play this great game, in the hopes that some of them at least will throw some money at the dev, so he'll continue to make great content for me to play. See, it's all about me!
lol - don't make your work and position smaller that it actually is mate (y)

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I have an odd 1 for you.
Mod Version: 1.5.0
Game Level: V6
Missing Events: [1]
Day 110
but it also shows 72/72
Downloaded game version: 11 Beta G
Thanks for pointing this out to me. Don't worry, you haven't missed any content, it's just that the game tracks event 1 for V6 differently than the other events in that version, any my mod didn't take that into account. I've uploaded a fixed version of the mod (v1.5.4) to handle this correctly.

Dracconic Evolution

Feb 28, 2020
Thanks for pointing this out to me. Don't worry, you haven't missed any content, it's just that the game tracks event 1 for V6 differently than the other events in that version, any my mod didn't take that into account. I've uploaded a fixed version of the mod (v1.5.4) to handle this correctly.
Oh ok and thank you very much for both.

Spalambam

Nov 19, 2017
Stuck at 62/70. I can't do anything to continue and no green colored choice.
Mod Version: 1.5.4
Game Level: V7
Missing Event: 19,42,53,54,55,56,57,67
Game version: 11 beta g

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Stuck at 62/70. I can't do anything to continue and no green colored choice.
Mod Version: 1.5.4
Game Level: V7
Missing Event: 19,42,53,54,55,56,57,67
Game version: 11 beta g
That's the same problem Baxonius had to deal with. Here are the suggestions I gave him:

Somehow you missed a scene a long time ago (like on day 3 or so) and managed to avoid telling Amy/Kate about there being an intruder in the area the first time you saw her in the swimming pool. The game is usually very thorough about preventing the player from moving forward after missing a scene, so I'm not sure how this happened. But, by having missed this scene, it's impossible to move forward in the story. So, you can either restart from the beginning, or press CRTL-O to enter the command console, type in
intruder = 1
exit
and then continue the game (master bedroom at midnight).
Please let me know whether or not this helps.

gnoz2001

Jul 30, 2019
Hello i have a bug, i do not know if others have it to, joye come to home and call the ring and repeats itself nostor, i am completely stuck without a chance to continue.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hello i have a bug, i do not know if others have it to, joye come to home and call the ring and repeats itself nostor, i am completely stuck without a chance to continue.
I think this is a bug in an older version of the game (11F or earlier). If you don't currently have the latest version (11G Beta from June 10th), then either download the latest, or follow the instructions in this post. If you do have the latest version, send me a save file and I'll have a look.

Apr 17, 2020
Love this mod! Thank you for all your hard work on it. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Mod was working great, got to v10 and the colors for all the options went away. Also anyone that works on this needs access to whatever the newest release is, you can use my Patreon login if you need it. Love this game and your mod literally saved the game for me. Thanks again!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Love this mod! Thank you for all your hard work on it. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Mod was working great, got to v10 and the colors for all the options went away. Also anyone that works on this needs access to whatever the newest release is, you can use my Patreon login if you need it. Love this game and your mod literally saved the game for me. Thanks again!
If you post your save I can have a look, as it may be a bug in the mod. Or maybe you made a bad choice early in the game that left you in a dead end (but a bug in the mod is more likely).

And thanks for the offer of accessing the latest version, but I'll decline. The developers aren't too thrilled with this mod, because it changes the game play from what they intended, so out of respect for all their hard work, I don't want to make the latest version available until they release the version publicly.

Reactions: plokijuhygtf901
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes