Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Apr 17, 2020
If you post your save I can have a look, as it may be a bug in the mod. Or maybe you made a bad choice early in the game that left you in a dead end (but a bug in the mod is more likely).

And thanks for the offer of accessing the latest version, but I'll decline. The developers aren't too thrilled with this mod, because it changes the game play from what they intended, so out of respect for all their hard work, I don't want to make the latest version available until they release the version publicly.

how do I access my save to post it?
sorry new to this.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
how do I access my save to post it?
sorry new to this.
From your Room For Rent folder, go into 'game' folder and then the 'saves' folder. You should see a bunch for files with names like X-Y-LT1.save, where X and Y are numbers. These are your save files. X is the page number (1-9) and Y is the slot number (1-6) where you saved the game in Ren'Py. If you can't figure out the numbering system, just send the most recent file.

Reactions: plokijuhygtf901
Apr 17, 2020
I think I did this right. NightTrain please take a look at my save and let me know where I went wrong. all the choices are just greyed out. no colors

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
OK I'm not seeing any way to advance the story. I'm playing the latest version (12 beta) with the latest version mod. I'm at 52/71 but nothing is showing to advance the story. I've tried clicking through everything to advance things but nothing seems to be triggering. Any suggestions?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I think I did this right. NightTrain please take a look at my save and let me know where I went wrong. all the choices are just greyed out. no colors
Hi plokijuhygtf901,

I think a lot of players are getting trapped here (I got trapped as well when I replayed the version 11 events using version 12 of the game), because there are a couple of minor bugs in the game that make it impossible to advance. So I'll give detailed instructions to help the others as well.

To fix things, you'll have to enter the developer's console (press SHIFT-O), and enter the following lines:

joye_bath_24_1 = 5
linsay_model = 0
linsay_talk = 3
exit

The first change allows you advance with photoshoots with Joye, starting at midnight (this is due to a bug on line 3166 of studio.rpy). The last two changes allow you to start swimming lessons with Linsay. DO NOT GO TO THE DINING ROOM BETWEEN 16:00 and 18:59, even though the mod suggests you should. Instead, go to the guest room on weekdays at noon. Do this two days in a row. The first time select "Walk in" and "Untie her panties". The next day select "Walk in" and "Don't untie her panties". Now you can go to the dining room between 16:00 and 18:59. You'll talk about modelling with Linsay. Now jump back into the console (SHIFT-O), and enter:

linsay_talk = 3
exit

Go back to the guest room on a weekday at noon and select "Walk in". This should trigger event a11_28 and get you back on track (this is due to a bug on line 765 of guest_room.rpy).

Let me know if you still have problems.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
OK I'm not seeing any way to advance the story. I'm playing the latest version (12 beta) with the latest version mod. I'm at 52/71 but nothing is showing to advance the story. I've tried clicking through everything to advance things but nothing seems to be triggering. Any suggestions?
You'll have to post your save, because otherwise there's no way to know which particular event is holding you up.

Reactions: dbp5ca
Apr 17, 2020
Hi plokijuhygtf901,

I think a lot of players are getting trapped here (I got trapped as well when I replayed the version 11 events using version 12 of the game), because there are a couple of minor bugs in the game that make it impossible to advance. So I'll give detailed instructions to help the others as well.

To fix things, you'll have to enter the developer's console (press SHIFT-O), and enter the following lines:

joye_bath_24_1 = 5
linsay_model = 0
linsay_talk = 3
exit

The first change allows you advance with photoshoots with Joye, starting at midnight (this is due to a bug on line 3166 of studio.rpy). The last two changes allow you to start swimming lessons with Linsay. DO NOT GO TO THE DINING ROOM BETWEEN 16:00 and 18:59, even though the mod suggests you should. Instead, go to the guest room on weekdays at noon. Do this two days in a row. The first time select "Walk in" and "Untie her panties". The next day select "Walk in" and "Don't untie her panties". Now you can go to the dining room between 16:00 and 18:59. You'll talk about modelling with Linsay. Now jump back into the console (SHIFT-O), and enter:

linsay_talk = 3
exit

Go back to the guest room on a weekday at noon and select "Walk in". This should trigger event a11_28 and get you back on track (this is due to a bug on line 765 of guest_room.rpy).

Let me know if you still have problems.
Worked like a charm! Thank you for saving me yet again!

fabian107

Jul 9, 2020
I had the same problem like plokijuhygtf901[/USER] in #147 but the code for lindsay doesnt affect something. NightTrain, can you help me please?

nikamodel

Jun 3, 2017
Hi, i have a problem like guys. I tried your help to, but I'm still on 34 event. Could you please help me?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I had the same problem like plokijuhygtf901[/USER] in #147 but the code for lindsay doesnt affect something. NightTrain, can you help me please?
It works for me. Use the console (SHIFT-O) to set
linsay_talk = 3​
linsay_model = 0​
exit​
then advance time to 12:00 on a weekday and go to the guest room (it should be green). Select "Walk in" and "Untie her underwear" (you've already finished the "Don't untie" event, so don't select that one again). Then advance time to 16:00 and go to the dining room (talk to Linsay). When you've finished talking to Linsay use the console to set
linsay_talk = 3​
exit​
(don't change linsay_model back to zero again this time). Advance time to 12:00 the next day and go to the guest room. This will trigger the next event. Then you're good to go. The next event will be at 23:00 in the bathroom.

Reactions: fabian107

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hi, i have a problem like guys. I tried your help to, but I'm still on 34 event. Could you please help me?
Different problem. They're stuck on the v11 content whereas you're on the v12 content. But you're trapped in a dead end too.

To move forward, use the console (SHIFT-O) and enter
a12_26 = 0​
exit​
and then advance time to 23:00 (DO NOT GO INTO THE GUEST ROOM before then). At 23:00 go to the bathroom to trigger event a12_43. Then you can go into the guest room the next afternoon. You should then be able to play the rest of the game. But you should also download the latest version of the mod (v1.6.1) or else you may have trouble getting event a12_50.

Reactions: nikamodel

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
stuck again. missed another event and at a dead end. thanks in advance
This is a tricky event to find! You have to go to the washing room twice between 11:00 and 15:00 in the same day. The event only triggers the second time you go to the washing room. So, if you happen to go to the washing room the first time (even though the option is white), the option will turn green the next hour to remind you to go back to the washing room. Not very helpful!

Anyway, I've hard-coded this into the mod, so if you download the latest version (v1.6.1), it will show the washing room in green if you haven't completed event a12_50. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I must've gotten lucky when I played through.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes