2.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Stromko

Dec 28, 2018
bruh... if this is just "Honey Select with Koikatsu graphics"... :censored:

That totally sounds like one of those stunts illusion would do.
Y'know I could almost jive with that. I prefer Koikatsu's graphics except it is lacking some of the effects Honey Select 2 has, and as a yuricon there's extremely little of value to its gameplay mode. There's much more of a chance for Illusion / Illgames to actually cater more to my interests if they just copied Honey Select 2's model, since that has much more immersive threesome scenes with the ability to pair up girls and see them go through a progressive sequence of motions and voices.

It really does seem like the laziest thing would be for Illgames to take the scripting of Honey Select 2 (if that's the kind of game they want to make), the horrendously unoptimized but sometimes pretty engine of their latest game, put the anime filter on it, and ship it. The laziest option just seems the most plausible, though it's really too soon to speculate I suppose.

Of course this kind of cheap and dirty publishing is way more acceptable if I don't plan on paying for it, it cuts both ways. If they surprise me with a high effort release I'd be much more likely to support the developer, if money grew on trees I'd buy the couple games of theirs that I've really enjoyed, but their track record is very uneven and most of the value has come from mods at the best of times.

Last edited:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019

Looks like Koikatsu (with graphical improvements) in a Honey select setting and gameplay mixed in.

Last edited:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
thats not going to stop anyone from modding or repacking it. (The maker also already has always on DRM)

the game will be "un-DRMed" and on the usual sources on Day 1 (just like any other of those hentai games).... unless they slap Denuvo onto this thing, which I doubt they can afford.

Not the first time illusion had such DRMs, the older games all needed a "NoDVD.exe", and it never stopped hongfire, modders, or repackers.

The biggest issue will remain IL2CPP (Modders made big drama about it the last time...), but since things already got somewhat moving because of RoomGirl, that should be overcome too.

We also dont seem to need translations this time, since the Maker already lets you choose between JP and EN, so thats even less trouble.

Last edited:

shikigamiex

Nov 21, 2020
There's a massive difference between On Disc DRMs and online DRM.
DMM's online DRM for example encrypts not only the main exe but also all the assets. I'm not sure about DLSite's DRM but I believe they also do the same.
Mods wouldn't work since the assets are encrypted and most likely wouldn't allow loading of third party modified dlls.
Now someone can indeed decrypt the assets and crack the exe to allow them to work but would modders work on it when mods would only work on a cracked decrypted version? Their plausible deniability is gone.

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Now someone can indeed decrypt the assets and crack the exe to allow them to work but would modders work on it when mods would only work on a cracked decrypted version? Their plausible deniability is gone.
They dont care, after all they just go and steal other games assets anyway.

Lets assume "worst case": that we cant do anything with the game until it hits steam (steam doesnt have that type of encryption)... great, who cares, the older games still work fine. (We will see in september, I guess.)

Also, Illusion preventing the modding of an uncensor by encryption would be suicide - no one can jerk off to a lightsaber and a white triangle... which is the only purpose of those games. Illusion allways kept it relatively easy to uncensor the games - while they certainly could have prevented this with some code, even if meshes could be replaced.

In fact, even the new game now still uses the triangle for female characters, while a normal texture overlay would do the same job (the pussy isnt going to move around on the skin texture or mesh anyway)... they want it to be replaced, so there will not be encryption... unless ILLGAMES is the suicidal version of illusion.

In fact, illusion never really tried hard to get rid of mods or repacks. (The ToS with "blah blah dont modify game files" is basic stuff, any game has that)
If they wanted, they could nuke betterrepack website out of existence (and people were openly talking about it on steam), but they never did. (even the discord could get stuff removed, if illusion wanted to.)

They again and again sold their games to the west, well knowing that we will "make them complete" again, since the steam version was censored as hell. (The whole business concept on steam wouldnt have worked without the betterrepacks from ScrewThisNoise, who actually turned the "shell" that illusion put onto steam back into a game.)

Now, the new game comes with english language translation by default... so we will see it on steam too in the future, and it would be a shitshow if there was not betterrepack to fix the game then.

Actually, how is it with other games from Fanza and DLSite regarding repacks etc?

Last edited:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
Majority of Fanza/DL Site games don't actually have DRM. But Honey Come does, it's shown on their store page.
But that might just be the Online DRM from illusion, which also is in the Maker? (doesnt run if it cant connect to server)
Nevermind, its the "PlayDRM" for DLSite, which probably was cracked in the past. (I also read that the Fanza/DMM DRM is easier to deal with than DLSite DRM)

Lets just hope that illusion isnt completely suicidal now, unless they want to close down for real.

Last edited:

Rampersandy

Jan 28, 2023
thats not going to stop anyone from modding or repacking it. (The maker also already has always on DRM)

the game will be "un-DRMed" and on the usual sources on Day 1 (just like any other of those hentai games).... unless they slap Denuvo onto this thing, which I doubt they can afford.

Not the first time illusion had such DRMs, the older games all needed a "NoDVD.exe", and it never stopped hongfire, modders, or repackers.

The biggest issue will remain IL2CPP (Modders made big drama about it the last time...), but since things already got somewhat moving because of RoomGirl, that should be overcome too.

We also dont seem to need translations this time, since the Maker already lets you choose between JP and EN, so thats even less trouble.
The Maker you speak of, is this the Honey Come/Comb character creator? Me no VPN, no can download, u share? :D

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
It shouldnt be in there.. technically, but due to the lack of a repack we didnt have a thread, so I hijacked the games thread thats closest to the new game, which is KKS, and then others followed up with their posts.

Reactions: Rampersandy

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
So did anyone update the interact with all mod I thought someone made so we can interact with people outside of our workplace?

Apr 29, 2018
Now that Illusion legally doesn't exist anymore, anyone aware of any mod efforts to port all of the missing animations from AIS and HS2 into RG? It always annoyed me that Illusion created this huge opportunity to pile on dozens, if not hundreds, of new animations per game by being able to build upon the previous works libraries, but they just... recycled everything, excluded some to prevent the new game from making the old game completely redundant, and added a DLC's worth of animations per game.

Maybe porting everything into HS2 would be the better choice, since it's mechanically simpler, but it lacks the UI for selecting multiple guys for the 3p and 4p animations in RG.

Powdering8371

Jun 10, 2023
I always wonder why they wont just put out the games in english as well. These games do not have that much text anyway, why is it so hard to translate it? They do not seem that low budget to me.
ILLUSION blocked outside of Japan.Iguess

2.20 star(s) 25 Votes