VN Ren'Py Completed Rosie's Innocence [Bright Sun Studios]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Ok, so being a fan of Blooming Love, I decided to give this visual novel/game a go... For the most part it's not bad... However, there are a few moments when the story becomes highly unbelievable, as the immersion is practically strangled to death and beaten into the pavement with a shoe... But those moments don't last for long, with most of the rest of the story being a pretty decent read overall... There are a few text bugs, with the sex of the protagonist not told correctly now and then (you can select the sex of the protagonist at the beginning)... There are lots and lots of choices, some just being informative, and some that could alter what story ending you get... The True Path story line focuses mostly on the love/romance between the protagonist and the Heroine, where as sometimes other characters attempt to distract you down other story lines towards different endings... I still think that Blooming Love is a superior product to this one, even if they supposedly take place in the same universe... I went ahead and posted my review...

Reactions: wrarar

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Haven't played all the way through, but I'm finding a sweet yet realistic story so far.
I just have two minor niggles:
1) At times while playing through as Alexia the dialogue treats her like she's male. In the toilet scene it actually says "... she gets off my penis..." Alexia doesn't have one... Unless there's something I missed from not playing Blooming Love.
2) I feel that Lexi is a better pet name for Alexia than Al (similar to how Alex can be shortened to Lex). "Al" just sounds too male for a girl IMO. Heck, even Aly (pronounced "Allie") would sound better (to me).

Like it though.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Haven't played all the way through, but I'm finding a sweet yet realistic story so far.
I just have two minor niggles:
1) At times while playing through as Alexia the dialogue treats her like she's male. In the toilet scene it actually says "... she gets off my penis..." Alexia doesn't have one... Unless there's something I missed from not playing Blooming Love.
2) I feel that Lexi is a better pet name for Alexia than Al (similar to how Alex can be shortened to Lex). "Al" just sounds too male for a girl IMO. Heck, even Aly (pronounced "Allie") would sound better (to me).

Like it though.
True, Al probably works better for a male playthrough. I considered changing it during development to something like 'Lexi' like you mentioned, but I thought that might get very confusing for people who also played Blooming Love. Both stories already contain two different characters with the name Lisa and that might already be a bit confusing, so I didn't want to add another character that has the same name as one of the characters from Blooming Love. Allie sounds good though, so I might change the female nickname to that if/when I create a little patch/update for this game. I'm aware that I missed some of the male references when I added the female playthrough option, so I'm definitely planning on going back to fix that at some point in the near future

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't have the exact line. But Rosie herself pretty much confirms it. When she talks about the night with Tredan, she says something akin to "No one had told me they liked me before." and that's why she ended up sleeping with him, which was very out of character for her.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
Actually really enjoyed this one. Got the True ending. I despise bullying and so I felt really sympathetic to Rosie, which is funny because in most games I play, I want to see the girls pounded, used, exploited, blackmailed and covered with cum. So I did what I could to support her and stay with innocent Rosie. Good writing in this one, although,

Good story overall.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Actually really enjoyed this one. Got the True ending. I despise bullying and so I felt really sympathetic to Rosie, which is funny because in most games I play, I want to see the girls pounded, used, exploited, blackmailed and covered with cum. So I did what I could to support her and stay with innocent Rosie. Good writing in this one, although,

Good story overall.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Rosie wasn't particularly sexually active though before the start of the game. It was a one time thing so to say. A lot of people seem to miss the backstory explanation for who the father is, but it's actually in the game if you make the right choices. It's part of of Elain's story during the game and heavily ties in with the backstory between her and Rosie.

Oh, and technically you can get the 'good ending' without the thing that you mentioned.

Oh, and I was just wondering about those black mail games you mentioned. I've played a few of them, but I quickly found out it wasn't really my thing. They usually still try to make you feel sympathetic for the side characters/love interests, but then the story is also about hurting those characters as the main character. I never understood that. If they were seperated, sure. Whatever you're into is fine. But I don't understand why some VNs try to combine the two. In my opinion that just doesn't really work, because it makes me feel bad for the characters I'm supposed to be invested in. Is this that kind of thing actually common in black mail-ish games or did I just try out a few bad ones?

ilovenudemods

Donor
Apr 10, 2018
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Rosie wasn't particularly sexually active though before the start of the game. It was a one time thing so to say. A lot of people seem to miss the backstory explanation for who the father is, but it's actually in the game if you make the right choices. It's part of of Elain's story during the game and heavily ties in with the backstory between her and Rosie.

Oh, and technically you can get the 'good ending' without the thing that you mentioned.

Oh, and I was just wondering about those black mail games you mentioned. I've played a few of them, but I quickly found out it wasn't really my thing. They usually still try to make you feel sympathetic for the side characters/love interests, but then the story is also about hurting those characters as the main character. I never understood that. If they were seperated, sure. Whatever you're into is fine. But I don't understand why some VNs try to combine the two. In my opinion that just doesn't really work, because it makes me feel bad for the characters I'm supposed to be invested in. Is this that kind of thing actually common in black mail-ish games or did I just try out a few bad ones?

It really depends on the game, I think. Anna's Exciting Affections and Lida's Adventures are two games that cover the blackmail aspects pretty well. Situations with bosses or powerful people who corner the player into doing things they wouldn't normally do are role play situations that I particularly really enjoy, especially if cheating or some other sort of exploitation/humiliation are involved. It depends on the story though. With Rosie, I didn't want to see her blackmailed. She was sweet and kind. Anna and Lida however, you play them as characters. There's a definite difference in how I act towards an innocent NPC that I have no real control over (especially if you are put in a position to almost protect them, like Alex does with Rosie), and being the protagonist yourself. An aspect of your own personal sexuality comes into play, and if you have those kinks yourself and get to play them out behind the eyes of a character you control, it can be extremely satisfying.

And I know, the comment about Rosie being a cumdump was a joke. I did get the one comment from Elain mentioning that Rosie took something dear from her. I was guessing it was a boyfriend or something. So I assumed, but I didn't pursue her farther as I didn't want Rosie to face any other retaliation by my meddling. Really great work though, I'd love to see her come back in a future novel, without Alex, a bit older, in an "alternate ending" type scenario. Maybe one where she falls on hard times after Alex dies in an accident or they split up, and has to try to find herself and love again..? There's a definite slew of stories and adventures Rosie could partake in, she's an interesting character and I'd really enjoy exploring it should you ever get inspired.

Last edited:

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Just one question, how many endings are there in male and female paths? For now I played as male and achieved 3 endings - happy with scholarship for both, happy without scholarships and sad ending, when only she gets scholarship ...

Thanks in advance.

ilovenudemods

Donor
Apr 10, 2018
Just one question, how many endings are there in male and female paths? For now I played as male and achieved 3 endings - happy with scholarship for both, happy without scholarships and sad ending, when only she gets scholarship ...

Thanks in advance.
It's been awhile since I played this now, but I'm pretty sure you can only play the game as Alex, the guy who lives across the street. Unless I'm completely missing something.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
It's been awhile since I played this now, but I'm pretty sure you can only play the game as Alex, the guy who lives across the street. Unless I'm completely missing something.
Unless you choose to play as a girl (Alexia) right at the start. You can do this by chooseing 'give me that lesbian content' during the intro.

The game doesn't change that much though. Alex is then just a girl.

Reactions: ilovenudemods

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017

Thanks in advance.
Those are all the endings. You can do them again as a girl, but it doesn't really change much. There are no exclusive endings between the two genders of the main character.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
I tried it and didn't really like the renders though it doesn't since they will get better with each game anyway.
What I like was the story, and I'm sure I probably missed some things, but I was a little surprised that...

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes