Mod RPGM Abandoned Roundscape Adorevia: Classes, Loot/ items mod

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
Hey bois, it's been a while.
Unfortunately I am going to be that guy and say that I'll be abandoning this mod.
I've been procrastinating for quite a while, telling myself I'll updating it soon while quite honestly I've been not interested in Roundscape for a while anymore (for multiple reasons). I've tried downloading the game a couple of times just to get it over with and then abandon it after an update, but every time it finished a download, it crashed.

Unfortunately, I also have some other priorities, which mainly have to do with me working on a project myself and some family things here and there.

Either way, even though it was just a mod, I still am sorry for the guys who liked it enough to play with it and were thus waiting for an update. My bad there.

You're free to edit the mod in any way you like, of course.
If you want to continue it or make it compatible with the latest version, all you have to do is get 2 separate project folders in RPGMV (both with the newest roundscape inside), then overwrite one of the folder's files with my files, open the projects in rpgmv and just iron out the differences. Paste my stuff into the new one, making sure there are no duplicates and that you aren't removing anything.

Doing the map files isn't too important, those were mainly for some bugfixes and whatnot. Which were not gamebreaking.
You should be able to copy paste a lot.

It's simple, I just can't find the time to do it.

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
I updated it, skipped all the map stuff. First time doing something like this so I might have done something wrong. Seems to work fine. Also did some changes to hellfire wave and hellfire ray.

Hey, thanks for the update! Wish I could do it myself, but yeah..
I updated the main post and gave you the credits. Cheers!

Reactions: YukiSlut

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
I updated it, skipped all the map stuff. First time doing something like this so I might have done something wrong. Seems to work fine. Also did some changes to hellfire wave and hellfire ray.
Thanks for takinf the time to do that, I'll try it out soon.

Hey bois, it's been a while.
Unfortunately I am going to be that guy and say that I'll be abandoning this mod.
I've been procrastinating for quite a while, telling myself I'll updating it soon while quite honestly I've been not interested in Roundscape for a while anymore (for multiple reasons). I've tried downloading the game a couple of times just to get it over with and then abandon it after an update, but every time it finished a download, it crashed.

Unfortunately, I also have some other priorities, which mainly have to do with me working on a project myself and some family things here and there.

Either way, even though it was just a mod, I still am sorry for the guys who liked it enough to play with it and were thus waiting for an update. My bad there.

You're free to edit the mod in any way you like, of course.
If you want to continue it or make it compatible with the latest version, all you have to do is get 2 separate project folders in RPGMV (both with the newest roundscape inside), then overwrite one of the folder's files with my files, open the projects in rpgmv and just iron out the differences. Paste my stuff into the new one, making sure there are no duplicates and that you aren't removing anything.

Doing the map files isn't too important, those were mainly for some bugfixes and whatnot. Which were not gamebreaking.
You should be able to copy paste a lot.

It's simple, I just can't find the time to do it.
Damn, well you got to do you man, take care. I did enjoy the necromancer class more with this mod.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
It works, but any changes made to the game files the mod replaces would be reverted back to 5.0, any new content is most likely gonna disappear.
The mod only changes some items and classes right? The game in general doesn't even update or have classes interact with the story or its contents from what I remember so there shouldn't be any changes like that unless I overlooked something

May 26, 2018
The mod only changes some items and classes right? The game in general doesn't even update or have classes interact with the story or its contents from what I remember so there shouldn't be any changes like that unless I overlooked something
there may be some bugfixes or such in the modified files from the mod tho. would need to look into the differences between versions of the game.

entercaps

Feb 2, 2021
could i trouble OP or aroeah126 to make a separate pack just for the class skills revamp only? In theory, without the other changes (more various drops, bugfixes, weapon price change, etc) it can be compatible with base game 5.2 because the change only affected class/job data and not touching any field or map data.

updt :

or at least please tell me which json i must use to just get the class and skill change.

Last edited:

epidemico

Aug 8, 2016
Could you explain how you updated it? I have RPGMV, but no idea how to access the Roundscape files/edit the classes.

Behelitch

Jan 8, 2021
Hey sorry for the inconvenience. I went to work on my own game rather than a mod for someone else's. You can safely assume the mod will mess with your game since it's not updated thus I don't recommend installing it.
what are the chances of you updating this mod in the future?

Mystikos

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2019
what are the chances of you updating this mod in the future?
Honestly, basically zero. :p
It takes quite some time to make sure everything is updated as I have to make sure it's not missing a single entry on some of the files, I have to look if the fixes I made to the game are already added to the game itself yet and if not, I'll have to go through all the different map files to make sure nothing changed there.

Then I also have to play test to make sure it's not bugged/OP etc.

Of course I wouldn't mind all this is it was my own game, but working on someone else's + doing it for free would really depend on how invested I were in the game. However after plenty of playthroughs, I don't see myself being interested in Roundscape anytime soon.

So because of all this, I've decided I'd rather spend the hours I'd otherwise spend on this, on my own game. So my apologies if you were looking forward to playing it with this mod.

Behelitch

Jan 8, 2021
Honestly, basically zero. :p
It takes quite some time to make sure everything is updated as I have to make sure it's not missing a single entry on some of the files, I have to look if the fixes I made to the game are already added to the game itself yet and if not, I'll have to go through all the different map files to make sure nothing changed there.

Then I also have to play test to make sure it's not bugged/OP etc.

Of course I wouldn't mind all this is it was my own game, but working on someone else's + doing it for free would really depend on how invested I were in the game. However after plenty of playthroughs, I don't see myself being interested in Roundscape anytime soon.

So because of all this, I've decided I'd rather spend the hours I'd otherwise spend on this, on my own game. So my apologies if you were looking forward to playing it with this mod.
No need to apologize irmão, i understand your side.

I wish you luck with your new game.