Mod RPGM Roundscape Adorevia: Gallery Mod [V28b] [redknight00]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Again, I appreciate the work. But am I crazy? Because I can't find the Gallery option anywhere in the menu.
As I said before, I'm just trying to get all scenes in the gallery before diving into the fluff, so for now it's just in the castle as was by default.

And the same for the unlock thing, I just left the default.

Reactions: Eruthan and Phenik

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
As I said before, I'm just trying to get all scenes in the gallery before diving into the fluff, so for now it's just in the castle as was by default.

And the same for the unlock thing, I just left the default.

Okay, I was just reading it wrong then.

That being said, the unlocking of the gallery breaks things.

The menu windows themselves are a little wonky, so when you enter the gallery, you typically need to open one of the side menus to 'refresh' the gallery, or else when you try to click on the Unlock Skull button nothing happens. After doing a 'refresh', then you can click on the Unlock Skull and get the text about spending the resources to unlock.

When you do this, the game will trigger a series of Loading Error messages that interrupt the game.

Actually, after more testing, it's not that the unlocking itself triggers the Loading Errors. With my Act III save opening some of the side gallery menus, like Meredith or Succubus, will ALSO trigger the Loading Error problem. This is with the still locked gallery, showing only the scenes I'd already triggered.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 062759.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 062941.png

However if I'm in a menu that opens fine with the mod installed, like Clawyn, there is a really good chance that unlocking the gallery will now cause that menu to trigger a Loading Error tied to a relevant image.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 062539.png

For the record, the gallery was a bit hit or miss before. Some of the scene wouldn't play, or they did weird things like swap the gender of the MC. But this specific problem with the image Loading Error was a behavior that the gallery wasn't exhibiting before I installed the mod. I even did yet another fresh install of the game, mod free, and loaded up my Act III save. Accessing the gallery side menus didn't cause the Loading Error either before or after I unlocked the gallery with the mod not installed.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not upset or anything, I'm just trying to help you nail down these bugs with as much accurate information as I can.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Okay, I was just reading it wrong then.

That being said, the unlocking of the gallery breaks things.

The menu windows themselves are a little wonky, so when you enter the gallery, you typically need to open one of the side menus to 'refresh' the gallery, or else when you try to click on the Unlock Skull button nothing happens. After doing a 'refresh', then you can click on the Unlock Skull and get the text about spending the resources to unlock.

When you do this, the game will trigger a series of Loading Error messages that interrupt the game.

Actually, after more testing, it's not that the unlocking itself triggers the Loading Errors. With my Act III save opening some of the side gallery menus, like Meredith or Succubus, will ALSO trigger the Loading Error problem. This is with the still locked gallery, showing only the scenes I'd already triggered.

View attachment 2431273

View attachment 2431274

However if I'm in a menu that opens fine with the mod installed, like Clawyn, there is a really good chance that unlocking the gallery will now cause that menu to trigger a Loading Error tied to a relevant image.

View attachment 2431271

For the record, the gallery was a bit hit or miss before. Some of the scene wouldn't play, or they did weird things like swap the gender of the MC. But this specific problem with the image Loading Error was a behavior that the gallery wasn't exhibiting before I installed the mod. I even did yet another fresh install of the game, mod free, and loaded up my Act III save. Accessing the gallery side menus didn't cause the Loading Error either before or after I unlocked the gallery with the mod not installed.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not upset or anything, I'm just trying to help you nail down these bugs with as much accurate information as I can.
Alright, I see what I messed up when making the install file, it was just a missing subfolder, you can redownload or just drag and drop the loose images in www/img to the pictures folder.

Last edited:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Also, a note on old saves, because some scenes did not have proper triggers, some scenes cannot be unlocked in the gallery by normal means (again, something I plan on fixing once I'm done with adding the scenes).

For now, you can cheat to unlock those by turning on the switches:

Code:
4195 - Mere X Tish X PC
4196 - Clawyn Date
4197 - Kat X Wolf Secret Scene (the one with low affection that no one gets)
4198 - Mere X Plant Tentacle Thing

306 - remains the unlock as usual if you want to cheat it.

Reactions: EvolutionKills

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Alright, I see what I messed up when making the install file, it was just a missing subfolder, you can redownload or just drag and drop the loose images in www/img to the pictures folder.
I actually tried this, but I shit you not, there is no 'pictures' folder.

So I downloaded the updated C version of the mod, installed that, and everything seems to be working now without tossing up the previous errors.

Still, it was bugging me. So I browsed the mod folders, and found that the 'pictures' folder is nested within the 'img' folder within the 'www' folder. Okay, maybe I just missed it, I thought. NOPE! Even with the mod installed AND working, there is no 'pictures' folder within game's 'img' folder.

Earlier I had tried browsing the game's install directories, looking for the lewd images out of curiosity. Was never able to find then. I also noticed a nearly 2GB discrepancy between the size of the 'img' folder, and the sum total of the viewable folders within. I'm guesses this mysterious 'pictures' folder contains the 2GB worth of unaccountable data, but fuck me if I can't find it. I'm on Windows 10, I have 'view hidden folders' enabled. I have no idea WTF is going on with this game or its install directories...

Screenshot 2023-03-02 073043.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 073552.png

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I actually tried this, but I shit you not, there is no 'pictures' folder.

So I downloaded the updated C version of the mod, installed that, and everything seems to be working now without tossing up the previous errors.

Still, it was bugging me. So I browsed the mod folders, and found that the 'pictures' folder is nested within the 'img' folder within the 'www' folder. Okay, maybe I just missed it, I thought. NOPE! Even with the mod installed AND working, there is no 'pictures' folder within game's 'img' folder.

Earlier I had tried browsing the game's install directories, looking for the lewd images out of curiosity. Was never able to find then. I also noticed a nearly 2GB discrepancy between the size of the 'img' folder, and the sum total of the viewable folders within. I'm guesses this mysterious 'pictures' folder contains the 2GB worth of unaccountable data, but fuck me if I can't find it. I'm on Windows 10, I have 'view hidden folders' enabled. I have no idea WTF is going on with this game or its install directories...

View attachment 2431439

View attachment 2431443
That's just Kal being sneaky and flagging pictures as a system folder, even with hidden files allowed it remains hidden, you need to tick a separate box in the file showing options.

Velrond342

Oct 3, 2019
Also, a note on old saves, because some scenes did not have proper triggers, some scenes cannot be unlocked in the gallery by normal means (again, something I plan on fixing once I'm done with adding the scenes).

For now, you can cheat to unlock those by turning on the switches:

Code:
4195 - Mere X Tish X PC
4196 - Clawyn Date
4197 - Kat X Wolf Secret Scene (the one with low affection that no one gets)
4198 - Mere X Plant Tentacle Thing

306 - remains the unlock as usual if you want to cheat it.
Everything works perfectly now thank you. For now if i saw correctly you have added all companion scenes and will next add all the random npc scenes that are under location categories in the gallery?

HornPlayer

Oct 21, 2021
You are doing more work the dev should have done long time ago. Not having access to full gallery was one of many reasons why I stopped my support. Thanks for making this and look forward to getting more scenes in there.

sparton297

Oct 24, 2017
redknight00 any idea when you're gonna update this for all location scenes as well? I love your gallery, can't play the game without it. Thanks for your work on this.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes