Mod RPGM Roundscape Adorevia: Gallery Mod [V28b] [redknight00]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Phenik

Jan 13, 2018
Is it hard to update this mod?
Roundscape has terrible "spaghetti code" from having a long development and various code rebuilds. Since there is variation in how scenes were/are coded, you have to adjust the code for each event. Sometimes the same code might work for multiple scenes, but many times it does not, dramatically increasing the time required to code the gallery and troubleshoot it.

The developers also have a habit of adding a ton of bugs/changes to the code version to version that could break previous events. So to update the mod you might have to redo parts of the previous gallery mod alongside coding in the new scenes.

TL/DR Yes, it is extremely time consuming to update the mod and each new version usually breaks it.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Surprise update!

I added all companions scenes I could, let me know if I missed any.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Red Sand

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Surprise update!

I added all companions scenes I could, let me know if I missed any.
Well, I can't access the gallery from the menu from a fresh game.

Loading up my Act III save and accessing the gallery from inside the castle caused the game to constantly pause as it kept triggering an image load error. It also re-locked the gallery I had already unlocked, and when I tried to unlock it again, it told me I needed to complete the main story. So while I appreciate the work and surprise update, for me right now, it has effectively borked the gallery and made it unusable.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 193321.png

Reactions: Epicburn

Velrond342

Oct 3, 2019
Well, I can't access the gallery from the menu from a fresh game.

Loading up my Act III save and accessing the gallery from inside the castle caused the game to constantly pause as it kept triggering an image load error. It also re-locked the gallery I had already unlocked, and when I tried to unlock it again, it told me I needed to complete the main story. So while I appreciate the work and surprise update, for me right now, it has effectively borked the gallery and made it unusable.

View attachment 2430526
Same for me. Unfortunately i don't have gallery unlocked in my main save so i used cheats to unlock it on a separate save and now they don't work. I downloaded EvolutionKills save from the game thread on a fresh install of the game and the same thing happens to me as well so idk if it is this specific save that is a problem or the mod.

Appreciate your work since i like some of the scenes from the newer updates that i can't easily repeat because the devs didn't update the gallery.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Updated, I mixed some old and new files.

About the unlock, I didn't add my cheaty unlocked back and what's in the game is the one Kal made with valor gems and stuff, I'll see about adding this fluff later, now I'm just working on adding more scenes.

Same for the gallery in the menu.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Red Sand

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Updated, I mixed some old and new files.

About the unlock, I didn't add my cheaty unlocked back and what's in the game is the one Kal made with valor gems and stuff, I'll see about adding this fluff later, now I'm just working on adding more scenes.

Same for the gallery in the menu.

Again, I appreciate the work. But am I crazy? Because I can't find the Gallery option anywhere in the menu. The game is no longer constantly being interrupted with an image load error, but my once unlocked castle gallery remains re-locked (and demanding more valor gems, gold, and blood). Starting a fresh game didn't work either.

I remember the old stand alone version of that mod, where you could access the menu gallery from the very start of the game. But for whatever reason, if it is supposed to be there, it just isn't showing up for me.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 051139.png

Also while I can re-unlock the castle gallery, any attempt to do that will cause a string of image load errors to start once it has been unlocked. If the Meredith page is open when I unlock things, I'll get a random Meredith image failing to load, and ditto if I try to do so while other character's gallery pages are open during the attempt.

EDIT: Fresh download and install of the game itself, version 5.8B Full from the Pixeldrain link here on F95Zone. Made sure the mod downloaded was v28a. Install instructions aren't hard, just copy and paste the www folder from the mod into the game's install directory, let it overwrite the 30 or so files. Started the game up, made a female noble with pregnancy enabled and started the prologue. No gallery in the menu. Did the same again, but skipped the prologue to get dropped right into town with Meredith, still no gallery option in the menu.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 054010.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 054237.png

Last edited:
Reactions: barnabe400
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes