markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I'm stuck on the wizard origin....Rescued athame and when I talk to her at the castle about what happened to her and the conversation just keeps repeating the same thing after alec says he wants to talk tou you in private.

Zulfiqar

Sep 16, 2019
I absolutely disagree. The original one isn't the best art in the world, but it's better than the AI one, but as with most things, does come down to personal preference. There are some where the AI art is better, but the tentacle one sure isn't it. And I say that as someone that dislike the AI artstyle, it tries too hard to be 'real\3D', contra cartoonish\aristic. I'll take the original tentacle style, over the AI style anyday, but would definitely prefer the AI over the low-effort paint-looking ones.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ANd a quote to the AI "enhancement" for comparison, so one can make up their own mind which they think is better.
Finally a side by side and... the AI one looks better. Not by much and the six toes is bad but still the AI one looks better.

This game getting dragged down closer to the 3 stars its always deserved because of this pirate forum's endless crusade against AI art "stealing" (LOL) from artists is funny but sadly obscures the actual problems with this game.

Nick_Rock90

Jan 24, 2018
Finally a side by side and... the AI one looks better. Not by much and the six toes is bad but still the AI one looks better.

This game getting dragged down closer to the 3 stars its always deserved because of this pirate forum's endless crusade against AI art "stealing" (LOL) from artists is funny but sadly obscures the actual problems with this game.
the ai one looks bad, the old one was better with the expresions, even when that is not much

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
i am having problems where i get stuck in the interface or other parts of the game and become unable to leave it might be the problem described in the troubleshooting part of the first page of the thread but the thing is for a computer noob like myself the explanation on how to fix it is not very helpful i know i have to move it to the hard drive folder but as to which hard drive folder i do not understand telling me to move it to c/d/e drive folder is not very helpful when i don't even understand what folder that is and where it would be located it is like having someone telling you to drop off a package at a certain house but giving you zero information that could be used to find the house except that it is somewhere in new york
I have to agree with Rorzy - new image is literally the original image in lower quality. AI didn't improve much, only added several previously non-existant glaring mistakes.

Reactions: GokutheG

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021

How it looks better when it has glaring mistakes that even a newbie-artist rarely makes?! What "lol" is supposed to mean when AI-generators literally take art from artist without so much as giving them credit - is that not stealing? What do you mean by obscuring the actual problem (devs being greedy and uncaring) if that's what like half the users talk about?

What kind of logic is that?!

Reactions: GokutheG

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
How it looks better when it has glaring mistakes that even a newbie-artist rarely makes?! What "lol" is supposed to mean when AI-generators literally take art from artist without so much as giving them credit - is that not stealing? What do you mean by obscuring the actual problem (devs being greedy and uncaring) if that's what like half the users talk about?

What kind of logic is that?!
Dude there is original art anymore come into the early 2000s nothing has ever been original mainly cause everything was influenced by something and the reason AI "art" became a thing was not to steal but was to give artist an idea. The AI would make something an artist would then look at what it made and then improve it by giving it a living beings touch. And when the other guy said obscuring the actual problem he means look at why and talk about it and not only talk/rage about AI "art" like a Boomer. We all played this a game and want to see it done and done well so just shut about the damn art and let's talk about how we came to this a bug filled mess. P.S all games have bugs on big updates so let cut them a little slack not all but just a little.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Dude there is original art anymore come into the early 2000s nothing has ever been original mainly cause everything was influenced by something and the reason AI "art" became a thing was not to steal but was to give artist an idea. The AI would make something an artist would then look at what it made and then improve it by giving it a living beings touch. And when the other guy said obscuring the actual problem he means look at why and talk about it and not only talk/rage about AI "art" like a Boomer. We all played this a game and want to see it done and done well so just shut about the damn art and let's talk about how we came to this a bug filled mess. P.S all games have bugs on big updates so let cut them a little slack not all but just a little.
Lol. I'll watch how you'll sing when you get fired because AI "learned" to do your job.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
We can speculate about the reason behind AI for ages and won't come to conclusion since we would struggle hard to actually prove our point beyond mere speculations. I, personally, do not believe it was to give an idea - how would anyone even create a technology (that no doubt has a lot of money behind its development) just to inspire? The reason behind any action usually lies in material plane. In case of AI it is hard no to see that it could replace some of existing artworks - while not paying artists for comissions. And this, I believe. is the real reason why AI-generators were created to begin with - to allow dirt-cheap mass-production of simpler pictures.

They are not tools of inspiration, but of simple greed. And I fail to see how it could be otherwise. Honestly, I find your notion of giving artist ideas naive, no offense. Call me a pessimist, if you like, I am who I am.

And do please stop telling me and other people to "please shut up" - we have all the rights and reasons in the world to complain.

And when the other guy said obscuring the actual problem he means look at why and talk about it and not only talk/rage about AI "art" like a Boomer.
Nice move with labeling your opponents boomers. But the point is - many of those people, me included, complain about AI stuff not just because of the stuff itself, though most of the replacement pictures suck - plain and simple. No, we complain about AI stuff because we have an established game with big financial backing trying to cut corners, even when it was not needed (some replaced pictures were actually good; and they had money so why not pay artists).

We complain about greedy and nonsensical behaviour on devs' part. AI is just one of the ways said behaviour shows itself.

And to give credit when credit is due - I support the idea of using AI-stuff as a template or draft that would be used to test ideas or be worked upon by actual artist. I am not against AI, because I see it for what it is (at least I hope so) - a tool that could be used in many ways for many purposes. A revolutionary tool that greatly expands our creative horizons and give the ability to create something, albeit in "ordering pie instead of baking it" way, to people who'd otherwise never create anything.

But for fucks sake, what devs did to Roundscape isn't an example of how AI-stuff should be used! They've clearly cut corners with it, and not in a reasonable manner, since there is little if any method to what they've replaced. Using AI to add more new content is one thing, wasting your time and effort to replace what already was with AI that does little to no noticeable improvement while adding tons of new defects is wholly another thing. They didn't bother to polish generated images, leaving them with off-putting facial expressions, strange glint all over and glaring anatomical mistakes.

The quality of replacement images is low. That is not a matter of perspective or opinion, since many people in this thread pointed out specific and major mistakes AI have made. The quality is verifiably low.

I won't ask anyone to stop being apologetic to shit, I have no right to tell you what to do. I will just say that no matter how apologetic you get, the shit still smells.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 134 Votes