3.10 star(s) 33 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Turns out scaling the thumbnail up looks horrible haha.
Oh, yes... but try attaching the image rather than the thumb (like you had before) then scaling...that works much better as I do that as well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
lmao how did I miss that :ROFLMAO:
All you have to remember is that the thumbs obviously load in the page much faster (for those lacking bandwidth) than the full image as even when it's scaled it's still technically the full image in the post... again, just a little FYI to carry forward. So, when you have multiple images it's always best to thumb. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With the olive branch generously and trustingly offered from reflexbound progress will actually... progress :ROFLMAO:. I still need to warm him up that I'm not a flake with nefarious intent so I can get the other needed bits of code/snippets but he's done me a real solid so far by putting some trust in me even though we are just getting acquainted for the first time. With that said...

SanchoMod - Who's your daddy?

( Rough code example teasers, not representative of final production )
I'll add more teasers to this post later

View attachment 1907390 View attachment 1907391 View attachment 1907393 View attachment 1907472 View attachment 1907473
Example of SanchoGallery unlocks that are completely isolated from OEM (this is the exact same persistent)
OEM
: View attachment 1908021 View attachment 1908022 SanchoGallery: View attachment 1908023 View attachment 1908024

I ain't gonna lie, this is a bear to hook code into via the Sancho method... I'm having to convert some of my older Core code from Python 2 to Python 3. I'll later make these automatic to insure a VN mod doesn't break due to coding/function differences (sorting dictionaries for example). Regards.
While working on more polish I think I stumbled upon the relp stats (remember, I'm winging it as I was provided some of the files but not the logic, that is on me to sort):
1657144587797.png
Edit: Until I reverse engineer the function(s) to derive whole numbers I'm going to progress the beta ChoiceGuide portion of SanchoMod to reflect the choice with the most points... the reason being, for example, the below which both choices give some Anne relp but one more than the other. The issue is that many of these choices are fractional due to the python function used which I can't currently analyze until I reverse it enough. Long story short, the ChoiceGuide won't be dynamic as you've become accustomed to, but more general for the beta release. Example of a relp increasing choice where both give some amount of stat:
1657157433287.png 1657160112399.png

Last edited:
Reactions: darlic

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While working on more polish I think I stumbled upon the relp stats (remember, I'm winging it as I was provided some of the files but not the logic, that is on me to sort):
Edit: Until I reverse engineer the function(s) to derive whole numbers I'm going to progress the beta ChoiceGuide portion of SanchoMod to reflect the choice with the most points... the reason being, for example, the below which both choices give some Anne relp but one more than the other. The issue is that many of these choices are fractional due to the python function used which I can't currently analyze until I reverse it enough. Long story short, the ChoiceGuide won't be dynamic as you've become accustomed to, but more general for the beta release. Example of a relp increasing choice where both give some amount of stat:
Fuck me running.... I figured it out.

Welp, some of y'all will dig it, others will no doubt get bitchy but relp points work just like the MC's traits (you know, the soon to be infamous "Triangle of Life"). All your LI relp choices that increase/decrease (this VN refers to them as "decisions") are all calculated to max at a division of a total. Yes, I said total. So, out of the 8 females you get X points to share across the board and it always calcs incremental changes depending on the choices including who you talked to and who you didn't. I'll have it in the mod's Relp stats now that I know how it works by reversing the Python functions enough but making the guide is going to be a real bitch. I'm still debating on how to handle that.

Prime example of the oddities you'll come across (no, not that come, the other one): At the party when you talk to Chris/Susan not only does Susan get some relp credit but so does Rachel... and she's not even in the same damn room much less a part of the conversation.

Note an example (enlarged here) that the code function starts to negate the others that haven't been increased previously to achieve it's total goal:
1657163585921.png
And in case you are now wondering how that "Triangle of Life" works into this, yes, it affects the calculation of the relp system too. This is going to get wonky folks, hold on tight.
-Sancho

Last edited:

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Sorry to disappoint you, but

So, out of the 8 females you get X points to share across the board and it always calcs incremental changes depending on the choices including who you talked to and who you didn't.
This is wrong.

And this
At the party when you talk to Chris/Susan not only does Susan get some relp credit but so does Rachel... and she's not even in the same damn room much less a part of the conversation.
Also isn't true (unless I messed something up pretty badly, but I really don't think so).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry to disappoint you, but
This is wrong.

And this
Also isn't true (unless I messed something up pretty badly, but I really don't think so).
Well, here you go then. It sure isn't adding relp to just the LI, it's distributing the points as seen in these examples:

Relp before "Visit Cafe" which gives relp to Venessa if "Join Her" is chosen (note the relp of the other LIs):
1657195598892.png
Relp at the moment of change right after the "Visit Cafe" (again my post is noting the relp of the non-scened LIs):
1657195755379.png

Here's an example of the party discussion with Chris/Susan I mentioned. Before the convo (notice Rachel's relp):
1657195976165.png
Here is the scene directly before the change:
1657196071908.png
Here is the next frame/scene (again, notice Rachel's relp):
1657196206650.png

The trait system does similar due to, for example, some LIs preferring "Athletic" so when that's acquired it changes all the LI stats... all of them.

Edit: To add to the above and in all fairness, here's Anne where the relp system appears to be working as originally described in Dev Logs (only her relp is being affected by the choices, not the other LIs like the in the Vanessa or Chris/Susan examples above):
_SM RtS F01b.jpg _SM RtS F01d.jpg _SM RtS F01e.jpg

So, there are distributions like I find similar to Venessa's scene example (where all LIs are affected) and distributions like I find similar to Anne's scene example (where only the specific LI is affected) are at play. It would seem that the Anne scenario is correct and the Vanessa scenario isn't, hence my post. The examples like the Chris/Susan are baffling (there are others like this) so when I added all them to the mix is how I used process of elimination for my post #167.

Side note for folks: The MiniStat doesn't look like this in the public version, this is in my IDE which I add various bits while working on the project.. in other words the public version is clean and not congested like this. While creating examples it's too much work to exit the IDE, compile, screenshot, then return to IDE for next setup. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Sancho1969 The first example with Vanessa is from the change in traits. Your example with Rachel suggests that you accidentally show Susan's stats twice, because they are always identical in all your images and they really shouldn't be. It shouldn't even be possible to get 2.25 points with Rachel in this chapter at all.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Your example with Rachel suggests that you accidentally show Susan's stats twice, because they are always identical in all your images and they really shouldn't be. It shouldn't even be possible to get 2.25 points with Rachel in this chapter at all.
I'll check, you may dang well be absolutely correct as it was very late here when I coded it and would fully explain the oddities. Thanks for the heads-up bud.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
reflexbound I appreciate your time today assisting me sort the logic out. I'm now able to progress at a good clip through the project while Steve and I have become drinkin' buddies. He's on one of my multi-screens slowly knockin' back brewskies while I put back a few Crown & Cokes and work diligently in the IDE. I see him periodically when I change my Spotify playlist and he's either chuggin' away or blinking mindlessly and apparently constantly breathing through his mouth. Do you reckon Zargon_games made him a mouth breather on purpose? :ROFLMAO: :
1657231501614.png 1657231540231.png
Folks, RFB has honestly saved me days of backward engineering work and stopped me from falling into a pit I'd unknowingly started digging. FWIW he's put a certain amount of trust in me not knowing me from Adam. Many of the other titles I work on I privately communicate semi-regularly with the devs and we've grown to fully trust each other but RFB took a chance not really knowing any of that which I hope conveys his character to some of y'all. Kind regards.

Apr 10, 2018
If I was you Zargon, I would Definity remove my name from this garbage.
I know you aren't writing this game. But this sucks, this game sucks so fucking bad.
Young again is a damn fun and enjoyable game. Focus on that great game.
Don't waste your time with this. It just reeks of being a future abandoned game, look at the reception already.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I know you aren't writing this game. But this sucks, this game sucks so fucking bad.
Don't waste your time with this. It just reeks of being a future abandoned game, look at the reception already.
Well, I would not say it that extreme. But in the few discord channels I'm lurking the discussions there about this game and the dev (unfortunately it's Zargon for them) was not good....

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Review Ch. 1 v0.1.1

Usually I don't like to review games so early in development but there has been some controversy and unfairly negative reviews so I felt obligated to post a review anyway.

The story is that MC is new in town and joins a scouting group to get some social life. The group consists of a quite diverse cast of both female and male characters, all of whom have their own personalities and backgrounds. The actions and conversation choices of the player determines the relationship the MC may have with the NPC's. It's quite early to say but so far the way relationships develop are quite complex. Sometimes it seems difficult to predict which choice leads to which girl, especially since you don't know them so well in the beginning. On the other hand, it feels pretty organic and realistic, which I think is really great and impressive.

The downside for some players can be that, contrary to many other games, the MC is not the center of the universe. The NPC's have already well established relationships, including with other NPC's, and are not clean slates waiting for the MC to romance them. If you go looking for it, you may find NPC's doing sexual stuff with each other as well. However the choices which lead to seeing such content are well marked and easily avoidable. (Edit to clarify: the content happens anyway but you can choose not to see it). However that some NPC's do have relationships with each other from the start is not avoidable. For some people that may be a dealbreaker, but in my opinion it greatly enhances the realism. The characters had lives before the arrival of the MC and it makes sense that they continue with their lives.

All in all, I think the game is pretty great. I'm rating it 5 stars for the innovative and complicated gameplay and believable and deep characters, but I do realise it's still early to give a final verdict.

Last edited:

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Well, I would not say it that extreme. But in the few discord channels I'm lurking the discussions there about this game and the dev (unfortunately it's Zargon for them) was not good....
I already mentioned that in my first post, seems this started even sooner then I feared there.
About "defending" the game (eg the post above): that's ok, there is of course still a big group liking such games. The problem is imo the quite difference to Young Again for the ones following that game and now dropping here.

One thing in the post above is not right and should be clarified: the "special content" (the bj from a li with another guy) is NOT avoidable! It is skippable. But that's a big difference for those who don't like that kind of thing!

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I'm not giving this game a review yet because it's too early, but as thing stands right now for me this is potentially a five stars game. I really don't get whats wrong with all those people giving bad reviews out of stupid reasons and not keeping in count this is still a very early release

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I'm not giving this game a review yet because it's too early, but as thing stands right now for me this is potentially a five stars game. I really don't get whats wrong with all those people giving bad reviews out of stupid reasons and not keeping in count this is still a very early release
I did neither one because of that. Would be now probably 2-3 stars.

The problem is, as I already mentioned from some, maybe even not the game itself. For me the big issue is how this game was announced/promoted. If I remeber correctly this should be a "wholesome", fun game with likeable characters. And since this was done in the name of Zargon (from his patreon / discord) the ones liking Young Again tried it of course out - and now quite some of them are disappointed. Because now we have the problem, that this game has pretty nothing in common with Young Again. There is nothing "wholesome" here for those and you get content you never expected from this dev. Therefore probably the too bad ratings now. But also, to be fair, the 5 star ones are also not really bias-free...

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
For me the big issue is how this game was announced/promoted. If I remeber correctly this should be a "wholesome", fun game with likeable characters. And since this was done in the name of Zargon (from his patreon / discord) the ones liking Young Again tried it of course out - and now quite some of them are disappointed. Because now we have the problem, that this game has pretty nothing in common with Young Again. There is nothing "wholesome" here for those and you get content you never expected from this dev.
I get that this game is definitely not Young Again. It would probably have been better not to link the two games, because they are not alike, neither in story nor in gameplay. As far as know, Zargon does only the renders here.

But with regards to "wholesome": the MC seems a fairly normal guy. After moving to another town he joins a scouting group (not a swingers club). The members of this scouting group seem fairly diverse in terms of personality, but we don't know that much about them yet. We have one couple. Harem lovers may dislike that, but that's how it is in the real world. Pretty wholesome even, to use that term. We have one slut who likes to give blowjobs. Definitely not my type, but it's a free country: if she likes to do that, why would it bother me? The player can choose not to enter the room and if he does anyway he can choose not to get a blowjob. What bothers me most about the term "wholesome" but which people don't complain about, is the scene where Katie is drunk and the MC undresses her under the pretense of "not getting her top dirty". That scene felt a bit rapey, although it was also possible to play it like a good gentleman. When going too far, the MC got slapped (good for her).

So yes, the game is actually pretty wholesome. Normal guy meets a normal group of people, all of whom have already established relations with others.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 33 Votes