rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
well either way i appreciate you helping with this issue, your torrents are the only reliable and constant speed wise for downloading since nopy went down

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
I'm using Deluge 1.13.15/libtorrent 1.0.11.0 and it says "unapproved client".

That's the latest Windows version from 2017. Deluge 2.0.5 (the latest version) isn't available for Windows.

Can you maybe drop the version check at least? I mean the bittorrent protocol itself hasn't changed in two decades so why would it be important which version of a client I use.

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm using Deluge 1.13.15/libtorrent 1.0.11.0 and it says "unapproved client".

That's the latest Windows version from 2017. Deluge 2.0.5 (the latest version) isn't available for Windows.

Can you maybe drop the version check at least? I mean the bittorrent protocol itself hasn't changed in two decades so why would it be important which version of a client I use.
I just had it added and restarted, can you test and confirm if it's good? Might be good to wait a few minutes.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you for your hard work, ever since we lost Nopy, downloading games became a chore, over here in south america we have a poor connecion and Mega varely let us download 2GB, these torrents are a blessing.

• Red Heart

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I too have that all of my torrent from you don't work anymore.
Client transmission 2.92 on Win 10 Pro.
1640936159611.png

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I've too have that all of my torrent from you don't work anymore.
Client transmission 2.92 on Win 10 Pro.
View attachment 1572336
Ah yeah, you need to bump it up one more version to 3.0
I can't remember if transmission can in-app upgrade but if not here you go

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Currently doing it. Was thinking, it is out of date and even if it is not helping, it wouldn't do any damage either.(y)

• Red Heart

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
I just had it added and restarted, can you test and confirm if it's good? Might be good to wait a few minutes.
Sorry, the latest version is 1.3.15 and not 1.13.15 as I've written above.
Here's the releases page:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yet, it doesn't helped. Same error message than before even with 3.00. It seems that is good now and mostly was an artefact.

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry, the latest version is 1.3.15 and not 1.13.15 as I've written above.
Here's the releases page:
Okay, I think I've gotten the correct version whitelisted now. The deluge devs use ASCII numbering just to make it extra awkward :)

Yet, it doesn't helped. Same error message than before even with 3.00.
It's not a very good time to download/try and find peers because the tracker is being restarted every 30 minutes to tweak the whitelist, peers are stored in memory so it's...unstable.
I just downloaded a torrent and added it to transmission (3.0) and after *pausing/unpausing it found peers and started downloading.

If possible could you try pause or stop all torrents with this tracker, then give it 30s and start them again - or just restart the client and start the torrents again? That _should_ re-announce to the tracker so you get the seeds.

*unfortunately transmission doesn't appear to have a re-announce option.

Reactions: c3p0

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
Heads up all.

Whitelisting is being tested now so make sure you're using the most up to date versions of:

Others (libtorrent and libtorrent-rasterbar) will be added at some point tomorrow.

If your client isn't whitelisted, it'll give an error in the tracker tab stating why.
is there a reason why bittorrent isnt on your white list? cause thats the only one that is recently updated on android at version 6.6.7

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
is there a reason why bittorrent isnt on your white list? cause thats the only one that is recently updated on android at version 6.6.7
Because bittorrent inc is a shady company, look at their homepage for example ( ).
Note on their homepage the companies they list but then in tiny font mention this:

> BitTorrent protocol used by:

Also, bittorrent.com is basically a scam:

<- legitimate by actual bittorrent developers

You can read up on it . old bittorrent renamed to rainberry while bram cohen was in charge, then they got bought out by a crypto shack in 2018 and bram left the company. this _includes_ utorrent too.

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
Because bittorrent inc is a shady company, look at their homepage for example ( ).
Note on their homepage the companies they list but then in tiny font mention this:

> BitTorrent protocol used by:

Also, bittorrent.com is basically a scam:

<- legitimate by actual bittorrent developers

You can read up on it . old bittorrent renamed to rainberry while bram cohen was in charge, then they got bought out by a crypto shack in 2018 and bram left the company. this _includes_ utorrent too.
oh thats a bummer can you put the android "tranmission btc" on your white list then? its version 1.3.3
but problem is that it hasnt been updated since oct 25,2019, but its the only one on your approved clients.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I'm not engaging with someone who wants an argument and insists on derailing a games thread instead of using the thread I already linked.

By all means, if you don't like it - continue to use traditional filehosts. You'll be happier, probably.
Oh you want me to use your thread no problem I just copy this over here.

I see that last line in your post means absolutely nothing.

"Feedback is very important to me.
I'd much rather somebody hops in my DMs angry about something than say nothing at all - a problem is a chance to improve!"

Feedback == Facepalms

It certainly would be an improvement if you stopped renaming the folders.

That going to make any difference to you that I posted it in your thread? I would say no just going to get me another facepalm. Probably a thread ban as well? ;)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Oh you want me to use your thread no problem I just copy this over here.

I see that last line in your post means absolutely nothing.

"Feedback is very important to me.
I'd much rather somebody hops in my DMs angry about something than say nothing at all - a problem is a chance to improve!"

Feedback == Facepalms

It certainly would be an improvement if you stopped renaming the folders.

That going to make any difference to you that I posted it in your thread? I would say no just going to get me another facepalm. Probably a thread ban as well? ;)
I said it already, I'm not engaging with someone who only wants an argument. Please read :)

oh thats a bummer can you put the android "tranmission btc" on your white list then? its version 1.3.3
but problem is that it hasnt been updated since oct 25,2019, but its the only one on your approved clients.
I can't I'm afraid, we waited for 30 days before rolling out the client whitelists so adding one off the cuff would be irresponsible.
Additionally, I checked the github repo for that client and it has issues .

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I said it already, I'm not engaging with someone who only wants an argument. Please read :)

I can't I'm afraid, we waited for 30 days before rolling out the client whitelists so adding one off the cuff would be irresponsible.
Additionally, I checked the github repo for that client and it has issues .
So an argument to you is when someone gives you feedback like you said you wanted? So basically only agree with you or it is just an argument. So always do what you say then. I get it now, I see the truth :oops:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
So an argument to you is when someone gives you feedback like you said you wanted? So basically only agree with you or it is just an argument. So always do what you say then. I get it now, I see the truth :oops:
I have already addressed this exact feedback in this thread, like I have already mentioned.

You need to read. :)