rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work rpdl
You really changed how I get all the latest game releases, with Nopy gone and the download limit on MEGA

All the best for 2022 and keep going strong (y)
If we continue our current growth, we'll easily pass 1pb bandwidth moved in January.

Nopy did 16pb a month, so we'll be at 6% of nopy. It's a looooooooooooooong way to go :D

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words :)

Reactions: txtBild

Visse44

May 9, 2021
Is possible to whitelist qbittorrent v4.1.7? (I'm using ubuntu 20.04, and its the version that is shipped with it)

Would also like to thank you for your hard work, was a bit worried after nopy went down, but you really managed to put something awesome together!

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Is possible to whitelist qbittorrent v4.1.7? (I'm using ubuntu 20.04, and its the version that is shipped with it)

Would also like to thank you for your hard work, was a bit worried after nopy went down, but you really managed to put something awesome together!
I'm afraid not, but I have one better for you:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
sudo apt update
sudo apt-cache policy qbittorrent
qbittorrent:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 1:4.3.9.99~202110311443-7435-01519b5e7~ubuntu20.04.1
Version table:
1:4.3.9.99~202110311443-7435-01519b5e7~ubuntu20.04.1 500
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

4.3.9 is officially supported by their own PPA so if you add that, apt update & apt upgrade you should be all set.

Ramses From this thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/sorcerer-v0-36-0-extras-talothral.58369/page-153#post-7249719), I think you need to start over because you're not making any sense.

You complain about the old utorrent version, then say you're using it, then complain that it's 4 years old (It's actually 11 years old).

Can you actually explain your issue so we can try figure out the best solution for you?

Reactions: Visse44

ghost24

Jul 5, 2017
Hey rpdl,

Tried to install the version of qbittorrent listed on the FAQ, and it keeps getting removed by windows defender =.=. Is there currently a workaround for this? (Also sorry if this has been asked before).

Was using Frostwire6 with no problems until today, not sure why it just got stuck at the downloading status and 0% progress.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey rpdl,

Tried to install the version of qbittorrent listed on the FAQ, and it keeps getting removed by windows defender =.=. Is there currently a workaround for this? (Also sorry if this has been asked before).

Was using Frostwire6 with no problems until today, not sure why it just got stuck at the downloading status and 0% progress.
Oh, MY GOD - microsoft has .

And no, I hadn't heard of this before. Microsoft should unflag it, but who knows how long that will take. As far as I know the developers would have to sign the code for it to not get flagged but there's probably more to it than that.

Man, that's such a bummer. From reading the issue you can supposedly set an exclusion for it but still....

I'll edit this comment once I find out more.

- by the sounds of it microsoft are going to eventually ban all mark all torrent clients as PUA (potentially unwanted app).

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost24

ghost24

Jul 5, 2017
Oh, MY GOD - microsoft has .
Hey thanks! tried adding to the exclusion list for the installer and .exe, still doesnt work *shrugs*. qbittorrent 4.0.0 is still allowed, but the torrents dont start and get stuck at the "stalled" status. I'll keep messing around with it to see if anything else works.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hey thanks! tried adding to the exclusion list for the installer and .exe, still doesnt work *shrugs*. qbittorrent 4.0.0 is still allowed, but the torrents dont start and get stuck at the "stalled" status. I'll keep messing around with it to see if anything else works.
This will probably be the best way .

This is so dumb.

Reactions: ghost24

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
december 2021 news roundup is online

over 700tb used in december alone!
The 700tb, is that what you have moved, or is it with all the peers included ???

And if it is you alone, do you know what the swarm has moved in total ???

ghostwitagun

Oct 12, 2017
BiglyBT worked previously with your torrents. Currently it is not. Do you have plans to allow Bigly or is there a reason for blacklisting? thanks.

SirD3vil

Sep 19, 2020
Hi and happy New Year!

I've downloaded S1 and S2 of Thirsty for my guest from your torrents. However when I try to download S3-20, the torrent stall on 0% and I get a timed out msg on the tracker (yesterday it said: tracker returned with an error msg or smth, cant remember exactly). Not sure if it's on my end though, but every other torrent I've downloaded from you, and it's been quite a few, have worked flawlessly!

Using qBittorent 4.3.8 atm (yea, been to lazy to update to 4.3.9 :p),if you need any more info from my side, let me know.

EDIT: updated to 4.3.9, and now working, not sure if it was that or you just did something :) Anyway, working now!

Last edited:

Dongus420

May 21, 2018
The downloads were incredibly slow until I changed the peer connection protocol to utp and then it went back to normal.

Silly error from me!

Thanks rpdl for all your work, you're doing amazing work and especially since Nopy died you've been a life saver my friend. Happy new year to you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
The 700tb, is that what you have moved, or is it with all the peers included ???

And if it is you alone, do you know what the swarm has moved in total ???
That's me alone, I can't tell what other people in the swarm have moved - would be super cool to know though.

stuck in "finding peers" how do i fix this?
It's one of three things:
Either you need to Disable DHT & PEX, you've UDP disabled (needs to be enabled) or your client isn't whitelisted ( )
If it's the latter, i suggest installing qbittorrent.

Hi and happy New Year!

I've downloaded S1 and S2 of Thirsty for my guest from your torrents. However when I try to download S3-20, the torrent stall on 0% and I get a timed out msg on the tracker (yesterday it said: tracker returned with an error msg or smth, cant remember exactly). Not sure if it's on my end though, but every other torrent I've downloaded from you, and it's been quite a few, have worked flawlessly!

Using qBittorent 4.3.8 atm (yea, been to lazy to update to 4.3.9 :p),if you need any more info from my side, let me know.

EDIT: updated to 4.3.9, and now working, not sure if it was that or you just did something :) Anyway, working now!
Yeah, it's the whitelisting. Sorry I didn't get to these replies sooner btw, I totally forgot to check my email.
The downloads were incredibly slow until I changed the peer connection protocol to utp and then it went back to normal.

Silly error from me!

Thanks rpdl for all your work, you're doing amazing work and especially since Nopy died you've been a life saver my friend. Happy new year to you.
My pleasure and many happy returns! :)
BiglyBT worked previously with your torrents. Currently it is not. Do you have plans to allow Bigly or is there a reason for blacklisting? thanks.
It's not blacklisting, moreso whitelisting. There are simply two many "bad" clients that don't share properly to blacklist them all. So I took the other approach of only whitelisting clients that I know are good. The criteria for them were:

1. open source
2. no ads (including in installer)
3. no coin miner or malware
4. free, no pro version or gated features.

The list is here ( ) - it's pretty unlikely that we'd add more clients to the list honestly, sorry.

Reactions: Adnarim N

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
baklol What client are you using?

Did my torrents ever work for you or is this something that changed recently?

joedirtes

Oct 13, 2016
Using Transmission, getting a connection failed "scrape error" when I look at the torrent properties. Any ideas?
I have DHT and PEX disabled.