rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I see, any idea why I might be having issues with connecting to trackers? getting bad connection ID
I was testing with a client (peerID) whitelist for a few hours but rolled it back about 15 minutes ago. It's a lot louder than I'd expected.

Depending on your client, if you stop the torrent and wait for 30s or so, then start again you should be able to connect again. Otherwise restarting the client should get it working too.

Check also and make sure UDP isn't disabled, just in case.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Correct yeah, DHT and PEX (peer exchange) need to be disabled.
Interesting, with Transmission I (or it) have it enable globaly for default and it seems to work. Also I don't see torrent based option for that, so, very fascinating.:unsure:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Interesting, with Transmission I (or it) have it enable globaly for default and it seems to work. Also I don't see torrent based option for that, so, very fascinating.:unsure:
I'm 99% sure transmission is clever enough to disable DHT and PEX on a per torrent basis. If you right click the active torrent, -> info -> privacy -> It'll show you there.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'm 99% sure transmission is clever enough to disable DHT and PEX on a per torrent basis. If you right click the active torrent, -> info -> privacy -> It'll show you there.
Yes, you're right.

Reactions: RPDL
Feb 19, 2018
I was testing with a client (peerID) whitelist for a few hours but rolled it back about 15 minutes ago. It's a lot louder than I'd expected.

Depending on your client, if you stop the torrent and wait for 30s or so, then start again you should be able to connect again. Otherwise restarting the client should get it working too.

Check also and make sure UDP isn't disabled, just in case.
works perfectly now, thanks.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Second Happiness - https://f95zone.to/threads/second-happiness-v3-4-vnorth.1919/

Worth archiving, the RACATY link on its front page seems to be the only living link. Reporting same on its front page.

Thanks for what you've done for downloads. I usually hit 20MB/s and Steam tops out around 24-25MB/s, for reference. ;)
That one is in my list, I'm 90% sure I reported that thread to get new links put up either yesterday or the day before. I started it again on my end but racaty maxes out at 200kbps for me so it's gonna take 5 hours =/

Reactions: binglebangles

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Was on bittorrent, but yes even on deluge 1.3.15 (fresh installed).
Okay, the bittorrent client definitely isn't whitelisted. I made a small tweak to the deluge PeerID, hopefully this works. Could you test it out on deluge and let me know?

Wanted Pirate

Dec 29, 2021
I'm getting an unapproved client issue for μTorrent. Is μTorrent blacklisted?
After a few minutes of waiting, I get Bad connection id.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm getting an unapproved client issue for μTorrent. Is μTorrent blacklisted?
After a few minutes of waiting, I get Bad connection id.
Yeah, the only version of utorrent that's whitelisted is 2.2.1 (the last version before advertisements were added).
If you were going to change client though, I'd suggest using instead, it's the go-to for torrents right now.

txtBild

Feb 23, 2019
Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work rpdl
You really changed how I get all the latest game releases, with Nopy gone and the download limit on MEGA

All the best for 2022 and keep going strong (y)

• Red Heart