rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
can you make a torrent of Fallen Doll: Operation Lovecraft [v0.4.5 Cracked] [Project Helius]
(the non-vr one)

https://f95zone.to/threads/fallen-doll-operation-lovecraft-v0-4-5-cracked-project-helius.33403/
I can, but I only publish "misc" (non ren'py) torrents on discord ( ) because i delete them after a few weeks - my comment history here would be a mass of dead torrents otherwise. Let me know if you're gonna hop on and use it, otherwise I won't :p

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
I can, but I only publish "misc" (non ren'py) torrents on discord ( ) because i delete them after a few weeks - my comment history here would be a mass of dead torrents otherwise. Let me know if you're gonna hop on and use it, otherwise I won't :p
never used discord but ill try it

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
never used discord but ill try it
When you join you'll need to verify first, just to make sure you're not a bot - so just type /verify in any channel and a bot will DM you. Torrent for that game will appear in #new-torrents in a few minutes.

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
When you join you'll need to verify first, just to make sure you're not a bot - so just type /verify in any channel and a bot will DM you. Torrent for that game will appear in #new-torrents in a few minutes.
dunno if i did it right

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Libretorrent is officially whitelisted, FAQ is updated ->

google-play -
gitlab -

OrtaguArmelas

Jun 8, 2017
ı am not talented for discord. I typed discord catchpa but nothing happen except clyde(bot) respondin ı am doing wrong. plss help

Konti

Apr 5, 2019
Hi, I'm not sure what I do wrong but for some reason I can't get connected to peers on all yours torrents.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Hi, I'm not sure what I do wrong but for some reason I can't get connected to peers on all yours torrents.
You need a whitelisted client, check - i reccomend qbittorrent

Silentlord85

Aug 8, 2021
hiya.
thought i'd try a torrent as some of the VNs are getting quite large. i got the recommended whitelisted client, but nothing is happening. says status stalled and the trackers not working?
have i missed a step somewhere?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
You need a whitelisted client, check - i reccomend qbittorrent
qBit is aces, been using it forever.
hiya.
thought i'd try a torrent as some of the VNs are getting quite large. i got the recommended whitelisted client, but nothing is happening. says status stalled and the trackers not working?
I'm using qBitTorrent 4.3.9 and though it did stall for two seconds, it started. Can verify it works.
It's going to take absolute hours though.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
ya not working on qbittorrent 4.4.0 despite stating 4.3.9+. just stalled/no peers. All other torrents work flawless 50-80MB/s. Instead of making a WHITELIST for certain versions (whats the point??) just make a BLACKLIST instead, that way client updates won't break your WHITELIST (again - what is the reason even??)

Reactions: andudeother

ghostwitagun

Oct 12, 2017
Using Qbittorrent im getting no torrents starting, tracker says
"Status: Not working"
"Message: Timeout"

Letting it sit for 20mins and some torrents do start eventually.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ya not working on qbittorrent 4.4.0 despite stating 4.3.9+. just stalled/no peers. All other torrents work flawless 50-80MB/s. Instead of making a WHITELIST for certain versions (whats the point??) just make a BLACKLIST instead, that way client updates won't break your WHITELIST (again - what is the reason even??)
It's simply not practical to make a blacklist that'll contain hundreds/thousands of clients.

I'm reasonably sure you had a different problem. There was tracker downtime because of a datacenter thing, are torrents working for you now?

Using Qbittorrent im getting no torrents starting, tracker says
"Status: Not working"
"Message: Timeout"

Letting it sit for 20mins and some torrents do start eventually.
There was downtime on the tracker, the datacenter had to migrate machines about and upgrade some networking.

Last edited:

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
You're right it works now. I suspected 4.4.0 not being whitelisted but I see most peers use it too, so that wasn't the issue after all. I still don't understand why clients need to be limit. On a private tracker site that has ratio tracking and/or threshold rewards I'd understand, but that's obviously not possible on f95.

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
You're right it works now. I suspected 4.4.0 not being whitelisted but I see most peers use it too, so that wasn't the issue after all. I still don't understand why clients need to be limit. On a private tracker site that has ratio tracking and/or threshold rewards I'd understand, but that's obviously not possible on f95.
The very short answer is:
We get flooded with shitty clients daily, there is ~8,000 torrent downloads daily, about 50% of them are illegitimate. Illegitimate being these clients do not seed back - at all. Think along the lines of .

That's just one example, in reality there are hundreds. Some of them name the client, some don't send a PeerID at all. Instead of trying to blacklist them all (which to be honest, would be a massive waste of time), it's far better and safer to instead pick out good clients and whitelist them.

That allows us to reccomend known good clients that don't have ads, malware etc and are 100% open source.

So what if the clients don't seed back? Well one thing I outlined when I started was that I was and am partially responsible for the swarm which will be a bunch of f95 users. If those users want to seed back (they don't have to), I think it's shitty that they upload to useless leeches who contribute nothing. I'm just the captain of this project thing, it's a huge team effort and to be fair, the f95 users are fantastic at seeding back. We're now big enough that we can safely shed all these shitty users without disrupting anything so it was a no-brainer.

The end result is the swarm is far healthier, people are getting their files faster because our servers aren't getting peer-filled with trash clients and the end users are using safer clients. It's win/win for everyone involved. The only downside is it's initially a pain to get everyone on board but we're mostly past that now. From a statistics point of view, it's been an incredible success.

I hope that helps explain everything.

hiya.
Is this working for you now? I think you just started downloading while the tracker was offline. All is well now.

Keep me posted if you still have issues.

Last edited:

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
I was worried that when I made the changes to work with your new settings (ie: the DHT and PEX turned off), I would suffer a performance hit on other Torrents I do occasionally (mainly games and movies). I even ditched uTorrent after using it for a year, because the web version was not user friendly at all, when it came to changing settings.

I'm happy to see that nothing has really changed. I'm getting download speeds the same as before.. even better in some cases. For example, I just grabbed Obscure Affairs, which you only posted a short time ago, and I hit close to 100MB/s down! I feel like a bandit! LOL. Getting a multi gig game in under 30 seconds.... you can't beat that.

It's great that you are doing this. Thanks again! Also, I don't usually seed much (old habits lol) but when i see a new game getting hit hard - judging by the forum complaints - I'll usually seed for an afternoon or evening. I can usually sustain 3-4 MB/s up speeds on my account.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.